• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial B1G Thread 2017-2018

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a serious non trolling Dayne not

How long do they give Gard?

Bucky is in big trouble post Bo

Gard is a great Xs and Os coach if he can get the personnel and develop them. But so far, he's 0 for 1 in the classes we can gauge. The current Junior class is a complete dud. The question becomes whether the Freshmen and Sophomore classes follow suit. If they do, it's tough to see Gard making it past year 5.

Honestly, though, the Freshman and Sophomore classes have been impossible to get a read on with the injuries. 2 of the 5 are pretty much out for the year. Davison is clearly trying to do too much, but he's got gobs of potential. Ford was never expected to amount to much an has done a pretty decent job. And Reuvers is playing more minutes than he should, but he's better as a true freshman than many former Badger greats were. If they develop at the rate that Bo developed guys, I have every reason to think they'll make a Sweet 16 in 2-3 years. That's the huge "if" though.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gard is a great Xs and Os coach if he can get the personnel and develop them. But so far, he's 0 for 1 in the classes we can gauge. The current Junior class is a complete dud. The question becomes whether the Freshmen and Sophomore classes follow suit. If they do, it's tough to see Gard making it past year 5.

Honestly, though, the Freshman and Sophomore classes have been impossible to get a read on with the injuries. 2 of the 5 are pretty much out for the year. Davison is clearly trying to do too much, but he's got gobs of potential. Ford was never expected to amount to much an has done a pretty decent job. And Reuvers is playing more minutes than he should, but he's better as a true freshman than many former Badger greats were. If they develop at the rate that Bo developed guys, I have every reason to think they'll make a Sweet 16 in 2-3 years. That's the huge "if" though.

I think Reuvers has a ton of potential. He's the stretch 4/5 Wisconsin seems to always have. Whether it be Leuer, Nankavil, Butch, Kaminsky, Berggren etc. It always seemed like Wisconsin's best teams were when they had two bigs who could stretch the defense. I guess I'd throw Dekker in there too since he was 6'9.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like Northwestern being mediocre this year should be a bigger story than it is right now. They were a single digit seed in the NCAAT last year, brought all of their major pieces back, and are struggling in a down Big Ten.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like Northwestern being mediocre this year should be a bigger story than it is right now. They were a single digit seed in the NCAAT last year, brought all of their major pieces back, and are struggling in a down Big Ten.

Id say they are more bad than mediocre right now

We played a sloppy clunker in their house and still came out on top. It took a late push to keep it close too.

Theyve now lost 4/5 including losing by 15+ to Nebraska Penn State and Indiana.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Northwestern and Iowa have been the biggest tank jobs easy

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id say they are more bad than mediocre right now

We played a sloppy clunker in their house and still came out on top. It took a late push to keep it close too.

Theyve now lost 4/5 including losing by 15+ to Nebraska Penn State and Indiana.

Yeah, they were ranked in the 60s in kenpom about a week or two ago, but they're now #82. They've turned into a pretty bad team. Pretty surprising.

A lot of people had Northwestern as a Top 4 Big Ten squad.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Northwestern and Iowa have been the biggest tank jobs easy

The Hawkeyes are sucking wind for sure, but don't get carried away here. Not only was Iowa not ranked in the preseason, but they didn't receive a single vote.

The 2 biggest tank jobs in the B1G by far are Minnesota and Wisconsin. The Goofers were Top 15 in both preseason polls and Becky was getting substantial votes. Both were also predicated to finish top 4 in the conference by most publications.

What a disappointment they have been for their fans and their schools.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawkeyes are sucking wind for sure, but don't get carried away here. Not only was Iowa not ranked in the preseason, but they didn't receive a single vote.

The 2 biggest tank jobs in the B1G by far are Minnesota and Wisconsin. The Goofers were Top 15 in both preseason polls and Becky was getting substantial votes. Both were also predicated to finish top 4 in the conference by most publications.

What a disappointment they have been for their fans and their schools.

@rmilia1 said you guys might win the fucking conference lol.

The Gophers have been disappointing but they have had injuries and a rapist at least

Northwestern has had their entire team return.

And Wisconsin was not thought to be much by anyone other then @Great Dayne. They are hilariously bad right now but they weren't supposed to be real good.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Gophers have been disappointing but they have had injuries and a rapist at least

And Wisconsin was not thought to be much by anyone other then @Great Dayne. They are hilariously bad right now but they weren't supposed to be real good.

What fan wouldn't hope for his team to win their conference? That doesn't mean shit.

Wisconsin was picked to be top 4 in the B1G by most (not including @Great Dayne) and they were getting votes in the polls.

Don't much care what you say Minnesota's excuse is, they suck balls and are a big disappointment.

Those 2 teams are by far the biggest flops in the B1G.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indiana, Michigan, Nebraska, Maryland, Penn State

Who is in who is out?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What fan wouldn't hope for his team to win their conference? That doesn't mean shit.

Wisconsin was picked to be top 4 in the B1G by most (not including @Great Dayne) and they were getting votes in the polls.

Don't much care what you say Minnesota's excuse is, they suck balls and are a big disappointment.

Those 2 teams are by far the biggest flops in the B1G.

Wrong. That wasn't hope. That was a very knowledgeable poster saying multiple times he believed it

Wisconsin was picked to finish 7th this year. And haven't even received votes in the polls since week 2. Never been ranked.

If you expected them to be good, that's on you.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who is in who is out?

Michigan is the only near lock.

Maryland is currently in.

The rest need major help

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who is in who is out?

Michigan is probably only one in. Maryland is on bubble, Nebraska has a chance. Penn State and Indiana aren’t even close right now

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. That wasn't hope. That was a very knowledgeable poster saying multiple times he believed it

Wisconsin was picked to finish 7th this year. And haven't even received votes in the polls since week 2. Never been ranked.

If you expected them to be good, that's on you.

Wrong. lot's of people expected Becky to have a good team. And why would they received votes after week 2? By then it was apparent they were garbage. Oh, and BTW, @rmilia1 is a very knowledgeable poster, but he's a fucking HOMER.

Dienhart: My 2017-18 Big Ten men's basketball predictions

Early Big Ten basketball power rankings for 2017-18

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We stink . The one thing this year has probed is that Peter Jok was the B10 MVP last year lol

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. lot's of people expected Becky to have a good team. And why would they received votes after week 2? By then it was apparent they were garbage. Oh, and BTW, @rmilia1 is a very knowledgeable poster, but he's a fucking HOMER.

Dienhart: My 2017-18 Big Ten men's basketball predictions

Early Big Ten basketball power rankings for 2017-18
Honestly I really just thought everyone else lost a ton and we returned a ton. Plus we only had Purdue and MSU once both at home . I didn't think we'd be the best team. Just that we might have the best record . Unfortunately we suck

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I really just thought everyone else lost a ton and we returned a ton. Plus we only had Purdue and MSU once both at home . I didn't think we'd be the best team. Just that we might have the best record . Unfortunately we suck

I hear you, I'm surprised at how bad we are. I figured we'd be somewhere in the upper half of the standings. I thought we'd have a Tournament team at the end.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you, I'm surprised at how bad we are. I figured we'd be somewhere in the upper half of the standings. I thought we'd have a Tournament team at the end.
Losing McCaffrey really hurt. We've got no backup PG so we can't play Bohannon off the ball and he's really our only good shooter . That let's teams collapse on the big guys. When we try to play Bohannon off the ball we turn it over 50% of the time