• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial B1G basketball thread.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It shouldn't even have went to OT if UW just fouls with 5 seconds left to go. Pure stupidity by the Badgers.
I was shocked they didn't. Total Iowa move by the Badgers and that's never good for anyone lol

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was shocked they didn't. Total Iowa move by the Badgers and that's never good for anyone lol

GG wasn't even asked why he elected not to foul. It was the common sense play but I will never know his reasoning. It didn't matter anyways because everyone knew Hayes would drain the 25 ft game winning three pointer. I really don't understand him because in practice he can make ten in a row and then game time he's barely making over 3/10 shots. It just feels like we will eventually lose one of these games. we must rest BK now as he looks like he's running on one wheel.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GG wasn't even asked why he elected not to foul. It was the common sense play but I will never know his reasoning. It didn't matter anyways because everyone knew Hayes would drain the 25 ft game winning three pointer. I really don't understand him because in practice he can make ten in a row and then game time he's barely making over 3/10 shots. It just feels like we will eventually lose one of these games. we must rest BK now as he looks like he's running on one wheel.
Yeah you can't keep letting pedestrian teams hang around because eventually the other team will make a clutch FT or be smart enough to foul Happ at the end of a gane instead of letting BK drain a 3 etc.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy to me that it's almost mid-February and Wisconsin's best win is still Minnesota. Badgers are 0-3 against the 3 best teams they've played, granted they were away from home or on a neutral.

Another thing I find interesting is that Michigan State's best case to make the tournament is their sweep of Minnesota. If that continues to be the case, shouldn't Minnesota feel pretty comfortable?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy to me that it's almost mid-February and Wisconsin's best win is still Minnesota. Badgers are 0-3 against the 3 best teams they've played, granted they were away from home or on a neutral.

Another thing I find interesting is that Michigan State's best case to make the tournament is their sweep of Minnesota. If that continues to be the case, shouldn't Minnesota feel pretty comfortable?
The win Wednesday was huge for the Gophers. A loss there could've sent stuff off the rails in a hurry. As it stands right now they have got to feel really good about a bid. Schedule is relatively manageable and they're safely in right now.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They're in a good spot. Would be damn near lock if they had 2 of 5 during losing streak. I was hoping for 5 seed at one point, looks like they'll be an 8-9 seed

Peyton813

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdue is rising up in the Big Ten rankings, currently in second place. They could potentially win the Big Ten this year.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The win Wednesday was huge for the Gophers. A loss there could've sent stuff off the rails in a hurry. As it stands right now they have got to feel really good about a bid. Schedule is relatively manageable and they're safely in right now.

I'm feeling pretty confident about the position the Gophers are in. I think getting to 9 wins would pretty much lock us up. But honestly, a tournament caliber team should go 5-2 with this remaining schedule. The schedule is pretty manageable.

Last night was a pretty good night for the Gophers. I'm still hoping we can finish in the top 5 of the conference. Any way Iowa and MSU can tie tomorrow? lol.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're in a good spot. Would be damn near lock if they had 2 of 5 during losing streak. I was hoping for 5 seed at one point, looks like they'll be an 8-9 seed

Yeah, it's a shame the Gophers should have beaten MSU and PSU for sure, and had every chance to beat Wisky, and Maryland. We could be sitting at 8-3 in conference right now.

We just need to take care of business. But that's always been easier said than done for the Gophers.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm feeling pretty confident about the position the Gophers are in. I think getting to 9 wins would pretty much lock us up. But honestly, a tournament caliber team should go 5-2 with this remaining schedule. The schedule is pretty manageable.

Last night was a pretty good night for the Gophers. I'm still hoping we can finish in the top 5 of the conference. Any way Iowa and MSU can tie tomorrow? lol.
I think Iowa needs to get to 10 wins in league to give themselves a shot. If they can get to 18-13 (10-8) and then win 2 in the B10 tourney I'd give them an outside shot at a bid. Realistically the loss at Minnesota probably finished them off. 3 winnable home games left but the 3 road games are MSU, MARYLAND, WISCONSIN.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's a shame the Gophers should have beaten MSU and PSU for sure, and had every chance to beat Wisky, and Maryland. We could be sitting at 8-3 in conference right now.

We just need to take care of business. But that's always been easier said than done for the Gophers.
Whole lotta that in the league this year with all the close games. Iowa could easily be 9-3 right now as well. It's made for an exciting year though. Seems like every 3rd game is going into OT

Peyton813

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big Ten has been a mess this year but it's a good one. It's very competitive and their is no real dominant team. The closest team to it is Wisconsin. Most teams are on the rise thought like Minnesota, Northwestern, Penn State, and Ohio State.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Iowa needs to get to 10 wins in league to give themselves a shot. If they can get to 18-13 (10-8) and then win 2 in the B10 tourney I'd give them an outside shot at a bid. Realistically the loss at Minnesota probably finished them off. 3 winnable home games left but the 3 road games are MSU, MARYLAND, WISCONSIN.

I just put it into the projection model. I gave Iowa wins over Michigan State, Illinois, Indiana and Penn State, with losses too Wisconsin and Maryland during the regular season. My guess is that gets them the 5 seed, just a guess maybe they get the 4 seed at that point. But with the 5 seed, I projected them to play 12 seeded PSU in the 2nd round, then Northwestern in the Quarters. I then had Iowa lose to Wisconsin in the Semi's.

Their final record would be 20-14, with an RPI of 66 and an SoS of 41.

If Iowa were to hypothetically beat Wisconsin then hypothetically lose to Purdue in the B1G Final, their record would be 21-14 with an RPI of 53 and an SOS of 36. Just based on that I think they would need to get to the final to have a chance.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whole lotta that in the league this year with all the close games. Iowa could easily be 9-3 right now as well. It's made for an exciting year though. Seems like every 3rd game is going into OT

Yeah, honestly we could have lost to Iowa and Purdue as easily as we beat them. Based on probabilities we should probably be at 6-5, so I can't complain too much about being 5-6.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big Ten has been a mess this year but it's a good one. It's very competitive and their is no real dominant team. The closest team to it is Wisconsin. Most teams are on the rise thought like Minnesota, Northwestern, Penn State, and Ohio State.

Can you put Nebraska in that group as well? Wins against Indiana and Maryland on the road and Purdue at home and just took the #7 team in the country to OT. With 3 conference losses by 1 point, Nebraska could easily be 7-5 in conference with wins against 3 top 25 teams and in the top half of the league.

But....they're not. Good teams ultimately find a way to win close games.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just put it into the projection model. I gave Iowa wins over Michigan State, Illinois, Indiana and Penn State, with losses too Wisconsin and Maryland during the regular season. My guess is that gets them the 5 seed, just a guess maybe they get the 4 seed at that point. But with the 5 seed, I projected them to play 12 seeded PSU in the 2nd round, then Northwestern in the Quarters. I then had Iowa lose to Wisconsin in the Semi's.

Their final record would be 20-14, with an RPI of 66 and an SoS of 41.

If Iowa were to hypothetically beat Wisconsin then hypothetically lose to Purdue in the B1G Final, their record would be 21-14 with an RPI of 53 and an SOS of 36. Just based on that I think they would need to get to the final to have a chance.
Yeah the game Wednesday was a killer. If they grant that timeout or see Murphy is out of bounds it changes everything for Iowa for what they need to do from here on out. Probably got to beat MSU, win the 3 home games and then try to pull off a huge upset against Maryland ( can't see Iowa winning at Wisky).

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucky is going to lose today to bolster Northwestern's resume...and justify that bullshit on TV yesterday

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gophers are pretty much a lock at this point.

Too many easy games remaining.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you put Nebraska in that group as well? Wins against Indiana and Maryland on the road and Purdue at home and just took the #7 team in the country to OT. With 3 conference losses by 1 point, Nebraska could easily be 7-5 in conference with wins against 3 top 25 teams and in the top half of the league.

But....they're not. Good teams ultimately find a way to win close games.

Very possibly could be in that group with those good wins but just too many losses . What a strange conference, Wisconsin is clearly the top dog but not by much. Behind them there are so many teaks who are really close to each other way down the standings. The parody in the top half is really remarkable. Pisses me off that we play Michigan State in the last game, Izzo always has his guys ready by March.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Michigan can beat Wisconsin next week, they have a shot at a tourney bid.