• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial B1G basketball thread.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hayes goes up for the layup no foul call, Indiana goes up for the layup with Bronson standing straight up and they call a bs foul. Refs = MVP for Indiana.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Badgers should be up by 20 points right now. They were up 16-0 then the refs took over.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why Greg took out Bronson when he was 3/3 from 3 pt land and kept him out for 8 minutes while his backup went 0/4 and 1 TO and gave up 4 points defensively. Put him back in dumb dumb.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUAHAHAHA Brown goes up for a dunk and gets knocked to the ground and no fucking call.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheap foul against Happ to end the half. The guy charged into his chest with his shoulder which is a blatant charge. Refs are fucking trash.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#25 for the Badgers is the worst player in the fucking NCAA. GTFO

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas Bryant is a giant puss

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree but I'm reserving judgement on PSU for a few more games. I jumped the gun on Nebraska even though I wasn't sure
I'm sure a lot of people looked at their record and thought, same old Nebraska. When you take a look at who they played, that's a list of who is who this year...Gardner-Webb not withstanding. At this point, I'm guessing they don't fear anybody...and Miles always has his guys play tough and usually smart...so if they buy in or have bought in they're going to give you all you want and then some...

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure a lot of people looked at their record and thought, same old Nebraska. When you take a look at who they played, that's a list of who is who this year...Gardner-Webb not withstanding. At this point, I'm guessing they don't fear anybody...and Miles always has his guys play tough and usually smart...so if they buy in or have bought in they're going to give you all you want and then some...
Yep. That was the exact debate I was having in my head. Were they average or were they simply a decent team who had played better teams. Turns out it was the latter. They may be better than decent

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Indiana with a last second chuck to take our ten point victory down to 7 points. Happ and Bronson were the MVP's today. They were the epitome of efficiency. Happ Dominated vs a player that was supposed to be the most dominant Big man in the BIG this season. Happ must be averaging close to 70% from the field this season.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#25 for the Badgers is the worst player in the fucking NCAA. GTFO
With regards to you conversation with yourself... Illikanen is not a post guy, he's a shooter and IU was sinking him in the post when they could.

The game was at IU, and they historically get a lot of calls there, not just calls but a lot of the 50/50 stuff goes their way more often than not also. That's also a home floor thing. I do agree that there were some no calls for UW that they gave to IU, but nothing out of the norm, nor anything that a good team won't over come.

Koenig was out because he had 2 fouls...you want him on the floor at the end of the game...he is 1 of 2 guys that can shoot pressure free throws, and last I checked, when you foul out you don't get to shoot those.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. That was the exact debate I was having in my head. Were they average or were they simply a decent team who had played better teams. Turns out it was the latter. They may be better than decent
I noticed your post a couple pages ago and was going to quote it, but it drives me nuts to go back 3 pages to see if it was a response or stand alone reply.

In the end, I think they're going to drive everyone nuts this year...not an easy out in any way...

Last edited:

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indiana's gone from a head-scratcher team to just a plain bad team.

They're dangerously close to being a 'bad loss'.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Indiana with a last second chuck to take our ten point victory down to 7 points. Happ and Bronson were the MVP's today. They were the epitome of efficiency. Happ Dominated vs a player that was supposed to be the most dominant Big man in the BIG this season. Happ must be averaging close to 70% from the field this season.
Differential doesn't matter, winning at their house does. Haas and Swanigan are the duo that will cause more issues than IU's bigs...they're good, but Purdue's front court can really take over games. Happ makes the right plays almost every time. He's just fundamentally sound and doesn't try to do more than he's comfortable with. If he would work on becoming an effective shooter from 15 foot and in, it would really open up for him...that and free throws.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have a couple really good wins, so it's not a total train wreck. They're just going thru a bit of a rough stretch right now. They'll figure it out and get back on track...not that I really want them to, but odds are they will.

Look at MSU...they have those really rough early seasons every so often, then figure out who they are and how to win...once they do that, nobody wants anything to do with them...

It's basketball...which is usually a game of runs...runs back and forth in the game...good and bad runs of games during the season...just kind of the nature of the beast

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Differential doesn't matter, winning at their house does. Haas and Swanigan are the duo that will cause more issues than IU's bigs...they're good, but Purdue's front court can really take over games. Happ makes the right plays almost every time. He's just fundamentally sound and doesn't try to do more than he's comfortable with. If he would work on becoming an effective shooter from 15 foot and in, it would really open up for him...that and free throws.

W's are more important but when you dominate teams that looks good for seeding for brownie points sometimes. The win doesn't mean as much as it would if Indiana didn't choke vs Nebraska but it's still a solid W.

I have only seen highlights of Purdue and the main thing I noticed was a tall athletic big man. Not sure if he's as skilled as Happ but he might give him some issues.

At this point in his career he might never become a good shooter/FT shooter unless he completely changes his shot. For some reason it just looks awkward. I'm not sure if it's just off center or what but he makes an easy FT look tougher than a double teamed contested sky hook. If he does develop a decent shot he might become the best player in the BIG. At least he made one jumper so far unlike last year. :clap:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At an RPI in the 130s I think they're there

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IU is looking terrible Crean could be done at IU