• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2019 Braves season thread

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are the Philthies pitching tomorrow?
USATSI_12160816_168381809_lowres-1-1024x683.jpg

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also,

#WayTooEarlyCelebration #ButILoveBeatingTheBraves

ElatedPoorGoshawk-size_restricted.gif

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost (almost) feel bad for you guys with your FO's inability (or unwillingness) to spend money to get players. You guys won 90 games last year, have one of the best 3/4 lineup combo's in the league, have tons of really good to great prospects, and you guys' biggest acquisition is Josh Donaldson. I'm not saying you have to break the bank for Harper or Machado, but Patrick Corbin for example would have been a great addition. Any pitching help would have been great.

I have to think that you guys will sign both Kimbrel and Keuchel. Kimbrel obviously is a natural fit, and Keuchel is a good pitcher who has playoff and World Series experience who can eat innings who can probably be gotten for a relatively cheap asking price.

As is, I don't know that you guys are good enough to win the East this year (not saying that based off two games; I'm saying it based off of your roster). If you sign Kimbrel and Keuchel to eat some innings, you could probably be right around 1st/2nd/3rd place in July when you can trade some of your prospects for players.

But as is, I don't know that I'm buying Foltynewicz, Gausman, and Teheran; a terrible bullpen; and a good but not great offense to win the division.

The ship for the division sailed. We benefited from a weak division last year. We won an unrepeatable amount of games against the East last year and had a losing record outside of the East. I don't buy the Nationals being an improved team, and really I don't think yall have good enough pitching to win the East either. Just going by rosters and ignoring the voodoo, I'd probably pick the Mets, but In know about the Voodoo, so it'll probably wind up being either yall or Washington.

You don't know how frustrating it is to not have a single pitcher on the team that can throw strikes.

Until Folty and Gausman get back, our pitching is absolutely terrible. I like the potential of Bryse Wilson and Kyle Wright, but I don't think either is ready, and Newcomb is just a pussy bitch until he proves otherwise.

Our offense is fine, but we can't pitch. I'd be surprised if we finished higher than 4th in the division.

And it makes sense to sign Kimbrel and Keuchel, but I know this front office, we won't do it.

And we're not gonna make any big time trades because AA will only deal if we can get Mike Trout for Tyler Flowers.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and I fucking Hate hearing Jeff/Chip constantly try and sunshine pump this horrendous lazy offseason we had.

"Nick Markakis works hard and does everything you ask him to."

Yeah, but it would be nice to have a right fielder who can hit more than 10 homers.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weather sucks right now. Suppose to clear up by 1st pitch but not enticing me to make the drive.

I wouldn't. I'll go to home games like I always do, but I'd never travel to see this team play. Gonna be a long, disappointing season.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't. I'll go to home games like I always do, but I'd never travel to see this team play. Gonna be a long, disappointing season.
sun trust is a bit more of journey for me atm......ive seen them at citi and new yankee but havent been to whatever they calling the philly field these days

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to leave your teammate out to dry Donaldson. Waste of 23 million