• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2018 Recruiting Thread

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fight on indeed.

I think Corral's decommit was because Darnold told him he intends to stay at USC through the 2018 season. No inside info, it just makes the most sense for why Corral would go from solid commit to ruling out USC in a heartbeat, and not be at leisure to explain why.

Then Daniels after that.

It's good to be a Trojan.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fight on indeed.

I think Corral's decommit was because Darnold told him he intends to stay at USC through the 2018 season. No inside info, it just makes the most sense for why Corral would go from solid commit to ruling out USC in a heartbeat, and not be at leisure to explain why.

Then Daniels after that.

It's good to be a Trojan.
It's hard to say I do know Corral got in some trouble. I believe he had an incident with a dentist. And he transferred high schools. From what I read the deccomitt was mutual. Could have been the incident. May have been Darnold. Or even just playing time in general Sears is looking great so far. The Daniels commit could be huge both as a future QB and recruiting tool.

I actually think his commit is the better fit. 2019 is a better window to come in as a QB. Where 2018 would have been a risk for Corral with the potential of Darnold and Sears. And it lets them focus more on a deep LB class for 2018, some of their WR targets and CB and more Oline. I'm liking what this SC recruiting staff is doing devil. Fight On \/

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ducks land a 6'7" 342 pound lineman from Philly. A bit of a project but you can't teach size.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam McGrone is ours. I guess not a huge deal but he should shoot up the composite soon.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys gonna let us have Raymond Scott @TheRobotDevil ?
SC is really high on Gaoteote,Scott and Calvert.They may actually add another.Seem to be working hard on adding Solomon Tuliaupupu.Depends on what happens with other positions.At the moment they are hitting the he defensive side pretty hard. I know they have some WR and CB targets they really want .And are still pushing on some other big names .

Last edited:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SC is really high on Gaoteote,Scott and Calvert.They may actually add another.Seem to be working hard on adding Solomon Tuliaupupu.Depends on what happens with other positions.At the moment they are hitting the he defensive side pretty hard. I know they have some WR and CB targets they really want .And are still pushing on some other big names .

Word is Scott is expected to recommit when that goes down.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is Scott is expected to recommit when that goes down.
Possible but there's also talk SC may play Geoteote as a hybrid like they did with Sua Cravens.Playing him on the D line and rotating him at LB.Or moving Calvert to the DE straight up.They like Scotts sideline to sideline speed quite a bit. They want all 4.You could also see Kana'i Mauga as the odd man out of the line up..Anything is possible but SC was pretty vocal they wanted to load on LB's in this class

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible but there's also talk SC may play Geoteote as a hybrid like they did with Sua Cravens.Playing him on the D line and rotating him at LB.Or moving Calvert to the DE straight up.They like Scotts sideline to sideline speed quite a bit. They want all 4.You could also see Kana'i Mauga as the odd man out of the line up..Anything is possible but SC was pretty vocal they wanted to load on LB's in this class

What about Merlin Robertson?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Merlin Robertson?
He's still on the radar. But they aren't as high on Merlin as the others. As far as LB's they are targeting Solomon is the one they're pursuing the hardest. But they're also working on Panei Sewell who may be a Bama lean. They have a CB Patrick Surtain is high on their list .And another strong push WR St Brown.SC also made an outside shot offer to RB Cook.Even tho he looks to be decomitting and said SC was on his list.Dont see that happening they landed another RB already

Depending on how everything goes.Merlin may be the odd man out.SC has scholarships left too tho.And you know they generally like to wait until last minute

Last edited:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Temple DE/DT Josiah Bronson will transfer to Washington. A local who grew up in Kent, WA area. Will have 3 years of eligibility left.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Johnson committed to Oregon. 3 star OLB from Georgia. Had offers from Alabama, Florida State, Georgia and others.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas just landed the top JUCO TE prospect in the nation over Bama

Dominique Wood-Anderson

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cameron Rising might be on flip watch to Oregon.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cameron Rising might be on flip watch to Oregon.

The flip pick was put in in March when he was committed to you guys.

We haven't heard anything on this end and he's very good friends with the recruit we just got.

It would be shocking for him to flip, there's really no smoke there. It COULD happen, but right now nobody really has any reason to believe it will.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Woot. Woot.

Keep it up. Fickell is not messing around down there.

If Cincinnati ever gets into a Power 5 conference, then there's going to be a few programs that are highly dependent upon Ohio recruits that are going to be hurting due to the Bearcats increased ability to keep kids from leaving the state of Ohio.

Certainly Pitt and West Virginia will be impacted, but even more so will be Michigan State and Kentucky. The Spartans would be screwed with a diminished Ohio recruit pipeline.

poor%20sparty.jpg

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cincinnati ever gets into a Power 5 conference, then there's going to be a few programs that are highly dependent upon Ohio recruits that are going to be hurting due to the Bearcats increased ability to keep kids from leaving the state of Ohio.

Certainly Pitt and West Virginia will be impacted, but even more so will be Michigan State and Kentucky. The Spartans would be screwed with a diminished Ohio recruit pipeline.

poor%20sparty.jpg
Very true, though I'm not sure Cincy is going to be highly raiding the NE Ohio area where Sparty has made it's hay recently. They've only got a small handful of NE Ohio kids in this class, and I'd guess only 1 had a Sparty offer.

Kentucky, though, will be impacted, along with Pitt. You're definitely right there.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true, though I'm not sure Cincy is going to be highly raiding the NE Ohio area where Sparty has made it's hay recently. They've only got a small handful of NE Ohio kids in this class, and I'd guess only 1 had a Sparty offer.

Kentucky, though, will be impacted, along with Pitt. You're definitely right there.

I wonder if they ever got any talent out of Garfield or Buchtel......