• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2017 Braves Season Thread

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 runs with 2 earned. Nice to have a good defense to help out our bad pitcher :L

Maybe the defense was tired of their good efforts being all for naught with Bartolo on the mound and decided to fuck him over for once?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And LOL at those of you who only comment on this thread when things aren't going good.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still cant believe what I saw last night. That was the most embarassing inning ive ever seen a Major League defense have. Should have been charged with 6 errors.

Its alright though Jaime is gonna win us the series tonight.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not gonna slam our rookie short stop for making a few errors along the way. I fell asleep last night, but I know good and damn well, that double play ball against the Pirates, that Jace Peterson swatted into right field, Dansby is salvaging at least one out there, and we don't have to witness Josh Collmenter giving up 7 runs in the 10th.
It was Jace fault that the 9 run inning happened last night. Had an easy double play ball and fucked it up.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was Jace fault that the 9 run inning happened last night. Had an easy double play ball and fucked it up.

I fell asleep almost immediately following Kemp's 2 run homer.

Maybe Jace should be the 4th outfielder and backup first baseman.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fell asleep almost immediately following Kemp's 2 run homer.

Maybe Jace should be the 4th outfielder and backup first baseman.
Yeah Jace made an error...then Dansby made an error....then Matt Adams made an error....then Bartolo made an error.. then Bartolo made another error...then Adams/Jace made another error....just a total shitshow

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Jace made an error...then Dansby made an error....then Matt Adams made an error....then Bartolo made an error.. then Bartolo made another error...then Adams/Jace made another error....just a total shitshow

Maybe they got it out of their system, and maybe Jaime Garcia can stay hot. His last two starts have been great.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm here for the good and the bad.

Except on west coast games. My ass is in bed by 11.

West Coast games are rough. Should probably get rid of those. amirite

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West Coast games are rough. Should probably get rid of those. amirite

Or start those bastards at 4 PM local time.

Sucks we're playing the AL West in interleague this year.

That means we'll have an extra west coast trip to Oakland and Seattle.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or start those bastards at 4 PM local time.

Sucks we're playing the AL West in interleague this year.

That means we'll have an extra west coast trip to Oakland and Seattle.

When is Oakland moving? Have to imagine its only a matter of time before they are forced to move and the Giants aren't letting them have San Jose.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is Oakland moving? Have to imagine its only a matter of time before they are forced to move and the Giants aren't letting them have San Jose.

I don't know. That stadium is a shithole, and they're not gonna get a new stadium. Not really sure where they could move to. Vegas doesn't strike me as a baseball town. The Sacramento River Cats get among the top attendance figures in AAA, and they were the A's affiliate from 99-2014, so maybe they could move to the state capital?

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. That stadium is a shithole, and they're not gonna get a new stadium. Not really sure where they could move to. Vegas doesn't strike me as a baseball town. The Sacramento River Cats get among the top attendance figures in AAA, and they were the A's affiliate from 99-2014, so maybe they could move to the state capital?

I don't think they should stay on the west coast, unless it is Portland. Oakland really got fucked over by the Giants claiming terroritial rights on San Jose.

As a North Carolinian, I would love to see a baseball team there, especially if its the American League, so it won't interfere too much with my Braves fan hood. Think Charlotte kinda screwed themselves over in 2014 by building that new AAA stadium, though. Its still weird to me that NC doesn't have a Major League team.

Montreal seems like a prime candidate to get a baseball team for some reason. I guess the MLB feels guilty about almost giving their team to Puerto f'n Rico, before they gave it to DC.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God tonight is the last night of these late starts

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they should stay on the west coast, unless it is Portland. Oakland really got fucked over by the Giants claiming terroritial rights on San Jose.

As a North Carolinian, I would love to see a baseball team there, especially if its the American League, so it won't interfere too much with my Braves fan hood. Think Charlotte kinda screwed themselves over in 2014 by building that new AAA stadium, though. Its still weird to me that NC doesn't have a Major League team.

Montreal seems like a prime candidate to get a baseball team for some reason. I guess the MLB feels guilty about almost giving their team to Puerto f'n Rico, before they gave it to DC.

Just don't know how an MLB team would do in the Carolinas, much like with the Florida teams, the Braves have a pretty large fanbase in the Carolinas, and if you put a team in Raleigh, you're basically in Yankees/Red Sox territory.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You going to Darlington this year?

Me and my grandpa are deciding between Darlington, Martinsville and Homestead.

Darlington is my favorite track, but neither of us have ever been to Martinsville, and Homestead would be the for the championship.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don't know how an MLB team would do in the Carolinas, much like with the Florida teams, the Braves have a pretty large fanbase in the Carolinas, and if you put a team in Raleigh, you're basically in Yankees/Red Sox territory.

I've thought about that too, then I look at the attendance of MLB teams around the country and figure that it would do just as well as those markets. I think the Yankees/Sox/Cubs fans from NC (not the transplants) would convert. I'm not so sure about the Braves fans.

I don't have data to back this up, but it seems like there are fewer and fewer Redskins fans in NC each year as the Panthers get older.