• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2016 Bears Draft Thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? We have a TE... A pretty damn good one.
He is very good when on the field. He has played 16 games a year 1 time in ten years. So what do we do if/when he goes down?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like the fact these safeties are big hitters. really like the 7th round receiver, Howard is big and straight ahead like Henry, but maybe with no heisman curse. you would think at least all these safeties would really help the special teams start making some plays. more wheeling and dealing late, at least it seems they had a purpose. Happier with the late rounds than the second round. My opinion, that does not mean much, is you are looking at an a if you get Spriggs in the second. Now high B.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is very good when on the field. He has played 16 games a year 1 time in ten years. So what do we do if/when he goes down?

I thought he was thinking Bennett was still on the roster.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears have released veteran safety Antrel Rolle, per source.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not super surprising. Tho I'm sure some will act like it's the first horseman of the apocalypse.
Will save about $3M on cap... If I'm reading that right, that will help some of the apocalypse doomsayers.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Now SLAUSON IS Released TOO!! That kinda shocked me

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We play his backup...

And we don't spend a first round draft pick on that guy.

... and we don't keep an overpaid loser around in Bennett, to be that guy.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We play his backup...

And we don't spend a first round draft pick on that guy.

... and we don't keep an overpaid loser around in Bennett, to be that guy.
And we don't get first round production from some late round backup so why would we use a first on fodder. Bennett was far from overpaid lol. He was a asshat sure but he was not overpaid. I'm happy to give Pace credit for the good things he has done. And I'll give him shit for his mistakes too. And he has done both. You can have half my kool aid as I already promised BD07 some. This Pace can do no wrong shit is funny as hell to me. Every move is always the right one. And to question his greatness brings the wrath. We were a old 6-10 team, now were a young 6-10 team hurray.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we don't get first round production from some late round backup so why would we use a first on fodder. Bennett was far from overpaid lol. He was a asshat sure but he was not overpaid. I'm happy to give Pace credit for the good things he has done. And I'll give him shit for his mistakes too. And he has done both. You can have half my kool aid as I already promised BD07 some. This Pace can do no wrong shit is funny as hell to me. Every move is always the right one. And to question his greatness brings the wrath. We were a old 6-10 team, now were a young 6-10 team hurray.

Bullshit.

Both you and AI are just ornery armchair GMs, with delusions of grandeur. The simple notion that you two believe in your minds that the Bears would be better served listening to you two is laughable.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit.

Both you and AI are just ornery armchair GMs, with delusions of grandeur. The simple notion that you two believe in your minds that the Bears would be better served listening to you two is laughable.
No I believe we let productive vets go for no good reasons. I believe the combo of productive vets mixed with the youth of this team would have made us a better overall team. If that translates for you to me thinking I know more then I can't fight you on that. It's not now nor ever has been my thoughts.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I believe we let productive vets go for no good reasons. I believe the combo of productive vets mixed with the youth of this team would have made us a better overall team. If that translates for you to me thinking I know more then I can't fight you on that. It's not now nor ever has been my thoughts.

speculative.

I would assume a highly regarded professional head coach and staff probably have their reasons. And call me crazy or a koolaid drinker if you must, for having more faith in them, than I do a couple of guys on the internet, one of which refers to himself as AnotherIdiot.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly professional coach and staff or not everyone makes mistakes. They would make less mistakes then some interweb know it all like me, but they still make mistakes.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it's already covered, but I still do not understand the Floyd pick. OLB might have been our best position before the draft. Picking the best player is good and all, and I'm sure they loved Floyd, but was it really worth trading up for a guy who might be our fourth best player at his position?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it's already covered, but I still do not understand the Floyd pick. OLB might have been our best position before the draft. Picking the best player is good and all, and I'm sure they loved Floyd, but was it really worth trading up for a guy who might be our fourth best player at his position?

I feel/felt the same way, but the bottom line is we had 35 sacks last year. Not enough. In a productive 3-4 you need at least 6 solid LB's IMO. He will provide some juice on passing downs, and hopefully help em get off the field on 3rd down, which they have been terrible at the last 3 years.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He also had never really gotten much of a shot. Being a QB in college. So your numbers are misleading.

Martellus also had his share of injury bouts. So you suggest we pay two TE's top 10 money? When we don't have to, and one is in decline and doesn't seem to ever give a shit?

When one goes down, next guy up. That's always the plan. You put together the best team you can, and cross your fingers you can stay healthy. All you can ever do. You don't just keep around a guy like Martellus for no reason. Last year, Miller looked great. The ONLY move here is to give him a shot.

You can get Martellus Bennett level production here with another TE, pretty easily. I'm sorry to say.

You seem to get really hung up on the name of the player, Noon. Instead of production.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can get Martellus Bennett level production here with another TE, pretty easily. I'm sorry to say.

You seem to get really hung up on the name of the player, Noon. Instead of production.
No I'm hung up on losing a good TE that can do it all. Miller is a nice second TE, but I don't want to rely on him as a starter with no real backup. We need better then that. Fuck Bennett thats fine but bring in a replacement at least. Don't make our strong position a weak one. Tell me Rich, If Miller goes down? Playing 16 is hard at any position but Miller has proven to be hurt often. He can ball when healthy no doubt. We are razor thin now at TE right or wrong?