• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2014 NFL Draft Discussion Thread + Countdown

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So ready for this draft. Might be the best we have seen in some time.

:dance:

1 MOAR DAY!!!

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna sticky this thread so it doesn't get lost! We'll make this the main draft day talk thread.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna sticky this thread so it doesn't get lost! We'll make this the main draft day talk thread.

ok but you need to start another thread for Johnny TD..That way when fans of the certain team that :whistle: is foolish to take him has some place to leave there last will intestments before committing suicide...

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok but you need to start another thread for Johnny TD..That way when fans of the certain team that :whistle: is foolish to take him has some place to leave there last will intestments before committing suicide...

I just don't get how anyone can feel certain that Manziel can't play. I understand that there are questions about whether or not he can play, but I don't think anyone knows with certainty.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can probably unsticky Tabascojet's thread. Its been pretty dead for about a month

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get how anyone can feel certain that Manziel can't play. I understand that there are questions about whether or not he can play, but I don't think anyone knows with certainty.

Size, and his character is my two biggest things. I think if he lands with a franchise that well sucks, 8 out of 10 cases that top pick never pans out to pro bowl status, then they become a journeyman through out the NFL....

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can probably unsticky Tabascojet's thread. Its been pretty dead for about a month

Will do!

You know i'm gonna start one in support of my boy ;)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious but if you're the Rams would you rather have Bradford or Manziel?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Size, and his character is my two biggest things. I think if he lands with a franchise that well sucks, 8 out of 10 cases that top pick never pans out to pro bowl status, then they become a journeyman through out the NFL....

Aren't you a Seahawks fan and isn't Manziel about Wilson's size? I agree that his size, character, and style of play all raise questions, but it seems to me that his playmaking ability could translate pretty well. RGIII was pretty effective before he got hurt in the playoffs two years ago. Somewhat comparable players, aren't they?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't you a Seahawks fan and isn't Manziel about Wilson's size? I agree that his size, character, and style of play all raise questions, but it seems to me that his playmaking ability could translate pretty well. RGIII was pretty effective before he got hurt in the playoffs two years ago. Somewhat comparable players, aren't they?

No Eagles,

So was Vick, even Jake Locker, all stopped cause of injuries cause of scrambling...

Opinions very on Johnny, he succeed's I have know problem stepping up and eating my crow...:suds:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious but if you're the Rams would you rather have Bradford or Manziel?

Bradford... hands down

Other FA's they could sign for insurance:
1. Jimmy Clausen
2. Kevin Kolb
3. Seneca Wallace

And If they're that desperate, I believe Tebow still wants back in.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other FA's they could sign for insurance:
1. Jimmy Clausen
2. Kevin Kolb
3. Seneca Wallace

And If they're that desperate, I believe Tebow still wants back in.
Dear god thats a terrible list of QBs

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the more intriguing drafts because of the unknown...a little over 24 hr from HOU being on the clock and we really have no clue what's going to happen.

#1 Overall...I think on a successful team, scheme trumps draft pick...even with a new staff coming in I don't expect to see HOU switch to a 4-3...so they are going to either draft Clowney and have him play some type of hybrid DE/OLB or they will trade the pick...I do not see them taking someone else @ 1 and leaving potential picks on the board for STL.

Manziel...young, but smarter kid than what many of us think...this is not quite Brian Bosworth like in terms of being a self hyped creation...he earned the Heisman and backed it up. But, if you just take JM @ face value for his game and nothing else...where does he fit? He doesn't have RG3, or Vick like speed or arm, he doesn't have Tebow, or Cam's size and strength. Yea, he's RW's size, but he plays the game more like those other QBs I mentioned. I still struggle to see him being a productive starter in the NFL. If his game was patterned more after Drew Brees, or even RW...maybe.

That said...the hype is real, some team in the top 10 is going to take a shot at him. It would not surprise me to see him go #1 overall, or #26 overall.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JW has been successful because #1 he's not asked to be a playmaker as a runner that often. #2 SEA was a perfect storm location for JW...great DEF, great RB, solid WRs.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JW has been successful because #1 he's not asked to be a playmaker as a runner that often. #2 SEA was a perfect storm location for JW...great DEF, great RB, solid WRs.
They said the same thing about Brady and Big Ben at one point in time

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I totally agree with that. I also think that Manziel will need rely less on his legs in the NFL than he did in college in order to avoid injury. I just don't understand why some people are convinced that he won't succeed in the NFL. A lot of people said similar things about both Wilson and Griffin before they proved otherwise.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said the same thing about Brady and Big Ben at one point in time

Very true...but also 2 prototypical QBs, height/weight/arm...JM is going to be a little unconventional even by the standard out there for mobile QBs now.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree with that. I also think that Manziel will need rely less on his legs in the NFL than he did in college in order to avoid injury. I just don't understand why some people are convinced that he won't succeed in the NFL. A lot of people said similar things about both Wilson and Griffin before they proved otherwise.

I'm not convinced that he won't succeed, but you pointed out my biggest reason for being a skeptic...will his game transfer? Can he adjust to the pro game? What made him a star in CFB imo doesn't translate to being successful as a pro QB...Vick/RG3 were exceptional (4.3 speed strong arm) athletes playing QB, still the game caught up to their athleticism. JM is shifty, and elusive, but he's not fast, nor does he have a strong arm.

I guess the easiest way for me to say it is I have more questions than answers about JM as a starting QB in the NFL.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not convinced that he won't succeed, but you pointed out my biggest reason for being a skeptic...will his game transfer? Can he adjust to the pro game? What made him a star in CFB imo doesn't translate to being successful as a pro QB...Vick/RG3 were exceptional (4.3 speed strong arm) athletes playing QB, still the game caught up to their athleticism. JM is shifty, and elusive, but he's not fast, nor does he have a strong arm.

I guess the easiest way for me to say it is I have more questions than answers about JM as a starting QB in the NFL.

I already posted that I too understand that he is a risky pick. Pretty much all players have some risk, and JM perhaps more than most. I know that you didn't write that he is a sure bust, but I've read posts claiming that he is.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's officially draft day. Thank god. I couldn't stand any more days of the nonstop hype. Fuck the NFL for moving it. I ain't watching a second of it in protest.