• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2014 Nebraska Recruiting thread.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abu Lamin released his top 8 today... it goes like this:

Arizona State
Arkansas
Auburn
Florida
Georgia
Nebraska
South Carolina
Tennessee

Personally I think it's the SEC schools and us...

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billy Ray Mitchell apparently is very intrigued with the offer you guys have him. His dad played for Ole Miss so if they offer (should find out today) he will likely go there but he loves Nebraska as well. We are in on him as well, but the Nebraska offer blew him away. I will let you know anything I hear.

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billy Ray Mitchell apparently is very intrigued with the offer you guys have him. His dad played for Ole Miss so if they offer (should find out today) he will likely go there but he loves Nebraska as well. We are in on him as well, but the Nebraska offer blew him away. I will let you know anything I hear.

Billy Ray? well, why not, I always wondered with guys that go with the two names, do you have to call him Billy Ray, can I just call him Billy? or Ray? What about BR? Just seems like too much work. Billy Ray, what are you up to? Nah, fuck that, I'm going with Billy.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His offer isn't listed on 247 or Rivals but I have it on pretty good authority they are in contact. Maybe it's not formal yet of they want him to visit. Still, they are in contact for sure.

As far as the name, at his size I would just call him "young man."

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so everyone knows Billy Ray is a Guard from New Jersey... realy good, has great hands, would play Guard or Center at the next level. If Nebraska can get him that would be good but I think he's a little ways down on their board for OL... DJ Foster and Nick Gates are probably 1-2 and I think they only take 2 guards in this class. I suppose they could offer him as a center Tanner Farmer is really their only Center prospect they have a shot at right now. Would be worth a look, thanks for stopping by forty.

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so everyone knows Billy Ray is a Guard from New Jersey... realy good, has great hands, would play Guard or Center at the next level. If Nebraska can get him that would be good but I think he's a little ways down on their board for OL... DJ Foster and Nick Gates are probably 1-2 and I think they only take 2 guards in this class. I suppose they could offer him as a center Tanner Farmer is really their only Center prospect they have a shot at right now. Would be worth a look, thanks for stopping by forty.

Sorry, but Tanner Farmer? Farmer's tan! awesome.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on DT Clark, Nut

Last I knew, Nebraska made his Top 5 but he seems to be a pretty heavy Miami lean. Perhaps Zack Darlington can get in his ear or Kevine Maurice or Ernest Suttles. We'll need some help if we want to seriously land this guy. Got to get him on campus.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Khairi Clark just committed to Florida... a surprise for nearly everyone involved. If you ask me i'm not sure how solid he is but I think we best focus our efforts on Peyton Newell and Thomas Holley.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison Phillips has been offered by Stanford and just now UCLA

Are we really going to let this kid get away? :L
Word is we are getting full on the DL and are contemplating how to use him..... da fuq?

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison Phillips has been offered by Stanford and just now UCLA

Are we really going to let this kid get away? :L

The article on huskerpedia clears up alittle bit but still can't let home talent go away.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't offer a guy just for the sake of offering....

With that said, we will offer him. Bo just knows he has time is all......

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, if you're full at a position then you're full..........no ifs ands or buts about it.

If the top 5 QB recruits in the country all want to come to Nebraska we aren't gonna offer all 5 of them just because they're talented.

The cupboard needs to be filled with a variety of positions, depending mainly on the current situation of the team.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, if you're full at a position then you're full..........no ifs ands or buts about it.

If the top 5 QB recruits in the country all want to come to Nebraska we aren't gonna offer all 5 of them just because they're talented.

The cupboard needs to be filled with a variety of positions, depending mainly on the current situation of the team.

Very true can't argue that

But with how people have left and it being defense it don't hurt. If it was offense I understand that cupboard is doing ok but defensive line has been so injured prone or hasn't shown up.

But I understand the waiting game

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA offered Phillips as well, I don't think most places are looking at him for defense. I think he's a Center for most schools. We are pretty well stocked on OL recruits right now, and I think we chose Stoltenberg over Phillips. I think he goes to Stanford.