• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2012 Huskers Baseball thread

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we do. That is why I mentioned them. I was actually being serious with the 3 sports I named.

You should have just asked Brasky if I was being serious there since he knows me so well. :L

LOL Rifle just hired a first time head coach. A former Husker.

Hello everbody. Hope all is good.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit sandhill. Where de fuck u been

Good ta see ya

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Rifle just hired a first time head coach. A former Husker.

Hello everbody. Hope all is good.

lots of people have been coming and going recently...hard to keep the mail straight. not that it was particularly easy before, we got something for Mike Anderson last week :L

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lots of people have been coming and going recently...hard to keep the mail straight. not that it was particularly easy before, we got something for Mike Anderson last week :L

38099_12.jpg

??

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predictable response

Yeah, 100 years when things were 1000 times different

That just sounds like a horrible excuse to me.

Nowadays AD's can't hold a job if they don't get rid of a guy who can't win a Championship in the first 6 seasons...........

If people could just be patient, things would settle in for a lot of programs and Championships would come.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That just sounds like a horrible excuse to me.

Nowadays AD's can't hold a job if they don't get rid of a guy who can't win a Championship in the first 6 seasons...........

If people could just be patient, things would settle in for a lot of programs and Championships would come.

Right or wrong the pressure to win is 1000 times greater now!!!!! If you want to throw out the Osborne example then I will respond with the Solich example. It is a different time now.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably.......but I can tell you right now that I personally am patient enough to put up with 10 more average seasons if it means that we'll win a National Title in 2023.

And trust me it eats me alive to see the Huskers lose......but I am all about building for the future. I just don't believe in quick fixes. Yea a guy like Urban Meyer comes along and just takes Florida straight to the top instantly........but I can count on 1 hand the amount of coaches that are out there that are able to do that.........not to mention, at the right school.

If Urban Meyer came to Nebraska he'd do no better than Bo has done. It is more difficult to recruit to this place.......it just is. It's Nebraska........there's not much to sell other than the fact that we've spent a billion dollars on facilities and we used to be good.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me add, that is my opinion ^^

But I seriously do believe that.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably.......but I can tell you right now that I personally am patient enough to put up with 10 more average seasons if it means that we'll win a National Title in 2023.

And trust me it eats me alive to see the Huskers lose......but I am all about building for the future. I just don't believe in quick fixes. Yea a guy like Urban Meyer comes along and just takes Florida straight to the top instantly........but I can count on 1 hand the amount of coaches that are out there that are able to do that.........not to mention, at the right school.

If Urban Meyer came to Nebraska he'd do no better than Bo has done. It is more difficult to recruit to this place.......it just is. It's Nebraska........there's not much to sell other than the fact that we've spent a billion dollars on facilities and we used to be good.

I completely disagree about Urban. Yes Nebraska is an extremely difficult place to recruit to buy Urban's name carries so much weight right now that he would get people here and he is a great coach. I believe their are a handful of other coaches out there that could do the same thing. Saban, Chip Kelly, Dantonio, Hoke, Miles, Stoops, and of course the greatest coach in the history of all sports Frank Beamer. Ok, so maybe that last one was a joke but I do believe it about the others.

I used to be as patient as you are but that asshole Stevie P opened my eyes to the reality of sports today and changed my view point.

I am really glad you clarified that it was your opinion because I was starting to take it as a fact since it was said on a message board. I was really confused. ;)

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is exactly my point about Erstad and Bo. Nebraska has turned into a training ground for head coaches. Let's just let our sports flounder as our coaches learn as they go. After all, it's "only" Nebraska.

It worked out with Tom Osborne :dhd:

I hear what you are saying JJM in that Osborne has no head coaching experience. But actually it was quite different with T.O. He just had to continue what he was doing (and allow a defense to continue as it had been.)

Devaney made Osborne OC in 69 after 5 years on the team and 2 6-4 seasons. Osborne immediately revamped the offense and updated recruiting efforts for this offense. The 1969 season started 2-2 and ended up 9-2.

A year later Nebraska won Devaney's first Natl Title. And again in 71. Devaney retired after 72 as HC to dedicate his energy to his position as AD.

Osborne had been running his offense on this team for 3 years now and continued to as HC.

He took his first team to the Cotton bowl as underdogs against a top ten Texas team (texas #8, nebraska #12) and beat them 19-3.

Nebraska was in the top 10 of at least one of the polls for the next 15 years.
He then had 4 years outside the top ten, these being years immediately prior to 3 years where he went 35-1 and won two natl titles.

He never from day 1 lost more than 3 games in a season.

Osborne may not of been an experience head coach when he took over but he was an experienced Husker coach and the Husker offense was his and was proven when he took over.

Not really much need for a learning curve when he took over. He was already in the race.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gamecocks won 18th straight playoff game today!
Start getting our rooms ready, Omaha!

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we need to keep this thread stickied on page anymore since our season is over?

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you need to get rid of Sticky for your Irule/TM gay love thread