• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 15,000 posts for an NCAA Tournament appearance

NUance

my lysdexia is actign up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Now, with all of this said..........we are 3-6 currently :lol:

A lot needs to happen, and the Huskers need to stay focused for once.

Oh I know. And it's NU basketball. So we're constantly swimming for our lives while we swirl around the ole drain. But like it said in the bullshit thread, it's possible.

Here's from the b.s. thread--it's more appropriate here anyway:

We're sitting at 3-6 in conference play right now. I see four games we *should* win left on our schedule. Two or three we will most likely lose. And two that (hopefully) will be close--Northwestern and Purdue . If we find some way to win both Northwestern (away) and Purdue (away) we could break .500.

Here's my best guess at our sched through the end of the regular season:

Thu, Feb 02__Northwestern (away)—??—too close to call
Sun, Feb 05__Minnesota (home)--W
Wed, Feb 08__Michigan(home)—L(?)
Sat, Feb 11__Penn State (away)—W
Sat, Feb 18__Illinois(home)—L
Wed, Feb 22__Purdue(away)—??—too close to call
Sat, Feb 25__Michigan State(away)—L
Wed, Feb 29__Iowa(home)—W
Sat, Mar 03__Minnesota(away)—W

NUance

my lysdexia is actign up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:L 2 this thread

Did you every see the old Charlie Brown cartoons where Lucy holds the football while CB tries to kick it? Well, I am Charlie Brown. NU basketball is Lucy.

Happens every damn year. I'm such a sucker.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you every see the old Charlie Brown cartoons where Lucy holds the football while CB tries to kick it? Well, I am Charlie Brown. NU basketball is Lucy.

Happens every damn year. I'm such a sucker.

haha, haven't had Red_Alert warn you enough times :pound:

NUance

my lysdexia is actign up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This year will be different. You wait and see.

Sech a damn sucker I am...

NUance

my lysdexia is actign up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Huskers lost to Northwesson. 74-84.

Well that sucks.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ this thread en sech.....

be lucky to make it past the first round of the fucking NIT......

We would be VERY lucky to even make it into the NIT sir.

Teams that go to the NIT are generally on the bubble of the NCAA Tourney.

Huskers have about a 95% chance of sitting at home eating cheetos after they lose in the first round of the BIG Tournament.

NUance

my lysdexia is actign up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
final score, Minn over NU 69-61. Diaz done for the year. This season is now officially flushed down the shitter. sumbich

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A healthy Diaz is what makes this team work unfortunately.

Against Northwestern he was hurting.......and against Minnesota he couldn't even suit up. We win both of those games with him........

Without him, we may not win another game this season.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan and Michigan State will both destroy us........that is for damn sure.

With Diaz though, we would have a chance against Michigan. Since he won't be playing, we're gonna lose by double digits.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should doc be fired? I'm sick of that fucking question. So osborne will have "fired" 3 coaches in only 4 years :L

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he will fire him.

Most of theee people calling for his head are people who haven't even followed the basketball team in the past decade.......but they see the end results and think they know the whole story.

I think Osborne knows that recruiting is the real issue at hand here.......not coaching.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Doc is a fucking shitty recruiter, jjm.. idk how that isnt obvious

:L

These are some of the best recruits Nebraska has had since we had Erick Strickland back in the 90s.........

They just had it in the Omaha World Herald 2 years ago, Nebraska Basketball was ranked dead last in BCS schools for quality of basketball facilities and playing arena.

What kids would have ever wanted to come here to a no-name school, with the worst facilities in the country......where they have to actually practice on the same court that they play games on?!

I mean like I said, people just plain and simply aren't in the know on this subject. We have had the best football facilities in the country since the addition to North Stadium...........and all we can recruit to that is 3-stars...........but we have had the worst basketball facilities up until last year. And Doc's class this year right now has three 3-stars and two others.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KEEP DOC.

I cannot stress the importance of this enough.

It was Doc who originally pushed for the new facilities and arena until Osborne finally decided to make it happen. The overwhelming feedback that Doc has gotten from prospects is that they didn't like our facilities and tiny arena. Doc told Osborne with new facilities and a new arena, he believes he can recruit.

If we jump ship right now just to save on ticket sales, it would be a huge mistake.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as far as developing players goes, you'd be pretty hard-pressed to find a head coach at a Major basketball program who has had to work as hard as Doc to develop sub-JC talent into what they are now.

Brandon Richardson was the water boy for the LA Clippers........because he was 160lbs coming out of high school and not 1 school recruited him.......not even a community college. But Doc went after him after 1 year of being out of high school and saw the potential some how.

Since then, Richardson has put on 30lbs of muscle......is our best defender, best ball handler, best free throw shooter....leads the team in assists, steals, and averages 37 mins of playing time per game.

Jorge Bryan Diaz (while many people complain about this guy, they don't know how bad he once was) stands in at 244lbs currently. Diaz was 215lbs before Doc recruited him, and he was also recruited by nobody. He has put on 30lbs, and at one point this season led the BIG in blocked shots and rebounds...........and then his condition started with his feet and he has missed something like 7 games putting a dent in his stats.

Before recruiting these two players for example, they were both 0-star athletes according to the experts. After recruiting them, Richardson became a 2-star..........Diaz remained a 0-star. Yet, these 2 players played the biggest roles in upsetting #2 Texas last season.........go figure.

Last edited by a moderator: