• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Todd McShay's Mock Draft 2.0

augustisback003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
After looking at this mock I can actually see Trent Richardson falling to the Bengals if the Seahawks re-sign Lynch but I would shit my pants if our draft played out like this.

excerpt~

17. Cincinnati Bengals (from OAK)Record: 9-7 Dre Kirkpatrick*, CB, Alabama
Character is not high on the Bengals' list of priorities when evaluating prospects, so they won't be turned off by Kirkpatrick's recent off-field issues. Cincinnati needs help on the defensive perimeter with Leon Hall coming off an injury and uncertainty surrounding Pacman Jones and Kelly Jennings, and Kirkpatrick can provide it. He will never be an elite man-to-man cover corner, but he has good size and is instinctive, athletic and physical.

21. Cincinnati BengalsRecord: 9-7Lamar Miller*, RB, Miami
Cedric Benson is set to become a free agent, so the Bengals need speed in the backfield, and Miller is a burner. No back in the class has a better combination of lateral agility and acceleration, and while this might be a bit of a reach given his postseason shoulder surgery, Miller is a home run threat who would be a nice complement to budding starts QB Andy Dalton and WR A.J. Green.

2012 NFL Mock Draft - Defenders balance out the top 10 in Todd McShay's latest projection - ESPN

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I could live with this ONLY if we use that 2nd round pick on a G and preferably sign one who can actually play as a FA.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If we go into next year with no improvement at the G position, Lamar Miller will be a wasted pick.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we go into next year with no improvement at the G position, Lamar Miller will be a wasted pick.

Agreed....we simply must get at least one, and preferably two guards who can start immediately.....

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one strength and conditioning guy said Boling is a beast and should start. Take that with a grain of salt, though.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, of course Kirkpatrick would be an awesome 1st pick. Miller, not feeling any RB besides Richardson in the 1st and he'll be long gone. Dont know how the mock goes but Kirkpatrick + Cordy Glenn would be a kick ass first round.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed about guard. It HAS to be upgraded one way or another. Getting any RB won't matter much if that position is not taken care of.

Not to mention, the pass protection for Dalton. Livings rated out as one of the worst pass protecting guards in the league this year, if I"m not mistaken. I think it was in that article about the guard who was with the Bengals, now with the Saints starting, but couldn't start here. Go figure.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agreed about guard. It HAS to be upgraded one way or another. Getting any RB won't matter much if that position is not taken care of.

Not to mention, the pass protection for Dalton. Livings rated out as one of the worst pass protecting guards in the league this year, if I"m not mistaken. I think it was in that article about the guard who was with the Bengals, now with the Saints starting, but couldn't start here. Go figure.

Profootballfocus ranked the Bengals o-line 3rd in the league in overall pass protection. Not sure what stats or attributes they use to determine their rankings, but color me skeptical.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profootballfocus ranked the Bengals o-line 3rd in the league in overall pass protection. Not sure what stats or attributes they use to determine their rankings, but color me skeptical.

I also wonder how much the game plan effected that. Dalton had a lot of 3 step, and throw type passes.

Trying to go for a 5 step drop seemed not to be the norm, but then again, I don't keep track of these things. The bigger pass plays down the field can't be more regular until the OL overall does better at protecting the QB in those 5 step drops. Hard to sack the QB when it's 3 steps and fire.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Good point. So essentially, they were very good at doing the little they were asked to do in the pass game.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't be too bad to get:

1: G David DeCastro, Stanford (best guard in college)
1: RB Lamar Miller, Miami (speed RB)
2: CB Trumaine Johnson, Montana (larger CB to play bump/run)
3: S Kelcie McCray, Arkansas St. (great size, good speed)
4: WR Tommy Streeter, Miami (field stretcher)
5: ILB Shawn Loiseau, Merrimack (tough, smart LB, underrated due to college)
6: RB Terrance Ganaway, Baylor (power back)

Sign the following free agents: (yeah I know..we don't sign quality FA)

CB Cortland Finnegan, Tenn
G Carl Nicks, NO
WR Dwayne Bowe, KC

That would be one quality offseason right there.

I would be super duper excited about the upcoming season if we did that.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The draft is definitely going to be affected by what we "do" in free agency. If, and this is unlikely, we were to sign somebody like Finnegan, then we don't need to spend a high pick on CB.

Side note: I don't want Dwayne Bowe at all.