• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Todd McLellan returning to Sharks

CJdublé

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My favorite bit from that article

"Wilson said the major change he wanted from the team was going from one that was "passive and reactive" to one that would be "aggressive and proactive" next season."

Cali Steel

Poster Extraordinaire !!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.18
Fav. Team #1
Guess that's good news???
Not sure there is a better alternative available?
They really need to figure a few things out.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well TMac better prove something, because he is going to be on the HOT seat.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Looks like former CBJ head coach Scott Arniel is getting the assistant position.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like former CBJ head coach Scott Arniel is getting the assistant position.

Hopefully that'll make Rick Nash NOT want to come here. :heh:

WhyTF are we dumpster diving from Columbus if we want to find a coach to help keep goals OUT of our net?

Last edited by a moderator:

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WhyTF are we dumpster diving from Columbus if we want to find a coach to help keep goals OUT of our net?

Pretty much this x 1,000,000.

Do not understand but hopefully not that terrible of a move.

Except, oh yeah, there's that Ricci guy that we all(?) want to see back there.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm going to play devils advocate here. Yes, Arniel blew donkey balls as head coach of the Blue Jackets. However, he has a lot of experience as a player and coach. When he was with Buffalo he was in charge of the defense and PK, a PK that ranked 2nd in the league in 05/06. While head coach in Manitoba thier PK ranked top 5 every year. There is reason to believe that he can help.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could careless who the asst coach is, cause it won't change a damn thing unless Doug brings in the right players. I really don't want to see Pavs/Marleau & Thornton/Couture taking a lot ok pk time.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just because a team is void of talent doesn't mean they don't have coaches that can provide value in our system.

And just in case I'm retarded I have my hat standing by :dunce:

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to play devils advocate here. Yes, Arniel blew donkey balls as head coach of the Blue Jackets. However, he has a lot of experience as a player and coach. When he was with Buffalo he was in charge of the defense and PK, a PK that ranked 2nd in the league in 05/06. While head coach in Manitoba thier PK ranked top 5 every year. There is reason to believe that he can help.

A guy can be a crappy head coach and a good assistant. I'm glad you brought forth some of his history with successful PKs. Being head coach of the CBJs is one helluva difficult job so we shouldn't look at that and conclude he will suck as an assistant. Does this also act as a ploy to lure Nash here?

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Thanks for the info Cmon. Hopefully he can help here too.
I'm not worried about what he did or didn't do in Columbus....Scotty Bowman wouldn't have won with those teams.