• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Todd Bowels

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd Bowels is now HC of the Wets. Happy he has an HC job, but it sucks that it is with such a lousy organization set up for an HC to fail and possibly have his career ruined.

It sucks he , as well as Rex are off the list of possible Fins DC’s. A bigger problem is that Coyle has not yet been fired. Jim Schwartz is still out there - Lebeau is still out there.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coyle isn't going anywhere...get over it

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, then our defense and team as a whole, wont go anywhere ,either.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, then our defense and team as a whole, wont go anywhere ,either.

You do realize that the defense was top 5 until injuries decimated the unit right? It's more a personnel issue than scheme. They never got a true nose to take on 2 blockers and not be moved. That was the biggest issue all season.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that the defense was top 5 until injuries decimated the unit right? It's more a personnel issue than scheme. They never got a true nose to take on 2 blockers and not be moved. That was the biggest issue all season.

I agree RE the Fins needing a NT. I'd like to see the Fins run defense become less predictable. A big active nose tackle in a 3-4 defense changes teams ability to run the ball. The Fins have versatile players that could switch from 4-3 to 3-4 with more development of their talents. The Broncos showed that the Fins could be run on. The Fins D never adjusted to that when they played other teams. Also the Fins need a true ILB. They have guys like Trusnik & Sheppard for depth but when Misi was out injured for 5 games the defense wasn't the same. NT, ILB & CB are big needs for the Fins. More depth at safety is needed also. If the Fins ever want to beat a top QB in a late season game they have to be able to get pressure up the middle. The Fins have quality edge rushers at DE but that isn't enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep I agree with both of you their depth on D wasn't good enough simple as that. I will wait and see if Coyle was part of the problem or not but he can only put the players that he has out there. I would have loved to see Jordan all over the place but maybe the kids not capable yet?

Definitely need a DT, MLB, S and CB. Pisses me off that the DT's didn't succeed as I thought going in that they'd excel. May find some of that in FA not just the draft.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You DO realize, that when Coyle took over, our defense was rated SIXTH in the NFL, right? Then it was eighth, this past season it was 20th.....but lets (once again) give our coaching staff a 'pass' for mediocrity. Shocker.....THE ONLY coach I would keep at this point would be Bill Lazor. Everybody else is completely clueless. Dion Jordan would be an absolute beast on any other team in the NFL. In Miami, he plays special teams.....fucking hilarious. Good job Coyle.....Perhaps Mr. Ross will award you with a 6 yr extension.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol, neither is Joe 'don't disagree w/me or you'll be gone' Philbin. You should prepare yourself to 'get over' Miami turning in yet another pathetic season.....probably 7-9, MAYBE 8-8. Its just ridiculous to me that ANYBODY that disagrees with our idiot head coach is shown the door. Wallace is probably next. Odrick is more than likely gone as well. Both guys will be 'ALL-WORLD' on any other team. Maybe, just maybe, if we continue down this road, we will have a team full of 'yes men', and everybody will hold hands at team meetings and agree with our dumbass coach, regardless of how wrong he might be. Of course, we will be winning 3-4 games/season because we have chosen 'behavior' over talent, but hey-wins are simply over rated in todays NFL. Just ask the Miami Dolphins.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You DO realize, that when Coyle took over, our defense was rated SIXTH in the NFL, right? Then it was eighth, this past season it was 20th.....but lets (once again) give our coaching staff a 'pass' for mediocrity. Shocker.....THE ONLY coach I would keep at this point would be Bill Lazor. Everybody else is completely clueless. Dion Jordan would be an absolute beast on any other team in the NFL. In Miami, he plays special teams.....fucking hilarious. Good job Coyle.....Perhaps Mr. Ross will award you with a 6 yr extension.

Just going to ignore the fact that the defense took a shit when injuries and depth were exposed? Ok, carry on.

Anyway, there is no way Philbin was going to bring in a new defensive coordinator in a make or break year for him. New scheme would not provide the continuity for a win now season for Philbin.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The proof will be in the pudding...next year is definitely make or break for all of the coaches contract or not. I hope that they prove everyone wrong. I'm just happy Rex isn't our head coach.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just going to ignore the fact that the defense took a shit when injuries and depth were exposed? Ok, carry on.

Anyway, there is no way Philbin was going to bring in a new defensive coordinator in a make or break year for him. New scheme would not provide the continuity for a win now season for Philbin.

The Fins' offense was effected at the MLB position by injury. Misi missed 5 games. I thought Trusnik & Sheppard played OK in his absence. Especially since Trusnik was taking so many snaps on special teams during that time. That said, I'm still not sure that Misi is the answer at the MLB position. The secondary was effected a lot of injuries yet the team still finished 6th in the NFL verse the pass. I'm not going to blame injuries for the reason the Dline struggled though. Some of the later draft picks were hurt such as Anthony Johnson & Terrrence Fede but the starters were healthy during the season. I like what they did verse the pass but they were 24th in the league verse the run. Was it coaching, player effort, or talent level? I think it could be some of each of those things. RE Coach Coyle: I've been on the fence this year about if he should go or stay. I think if both he & Philbin don't start producing winning seasons they are both probably gone within a year or two. I'd like the team to have stability with the tenure of the coaches. For that to happen though the Fins need to get better as the season goes along not get worse.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins' offense was effected at the MLB position by injury. Misi missed 5 games. I thought Trusnik & Sheppard played OK in his absence. Especially since Trusnik was taking so many snaps on special teams during that time. That said, I'm still not sure that Misi is the answer at the MLB position. The secondary was effected a lot of injuries yet the team still finished 6th in the NFL verse the pass. I'm not going to blame injuries for the reason the Dline struggled though. Some of the later draft picks were hurt such as Anthony Johnson & Terrrence Fede but the starters were healthy during the season. I like what they did verse the pass but they were 24th in the league verse the run. Was it coaching, player effort, or talent level? I think it could be some of each of those things. RE Coach Coyle: I've been on the fence this year about if he should go or stay. I think if both he & Philbin don't start producing winning seasons they are both probably gone within a year or two. I'd like the team to have stability with the tenure of the coaches. For that to happen though the Fins need to get better as the season goes along not get worse.

Part of the reason why the pass defense ranked so highly is because in the second half of the season teams were running on Miami at will. Misi is not a good MLB (personnel issue). The DTs played the way they have always played. Starks, Odrick and Mitchell are one-gap, penetration DTs. They do not have a 2-gap NT on the roster, again, personnel issue, not scheme.

As for Philbin and Coyle. It's simple. No playoffs in 2015, everyone will be fired. It's going to be tough because Miami needs to trim roster in order to sign rookies and it's own FAs. Unless young players step up, 2015 is going to be rough...

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Such a ridiculous cop out.....like other NFL teams don't 'deal' with injuries? Gimme a break.....and you could put Bozo the Freakin' Clown in charge of our defense starting next damn season and there's absolutely no way we could be any worse. And, oh, BTW-there was a guy available.......oh, what the hell is his name??????? I think its something like, 'La snow', or 'La Crow'......Dick effin Lebeau, you know, perhaps the best defensive mind in all of football? Not saying that was even an option, but I can personally guarantee you there were SEVERAL guys that would have been an instant upgrade over Kevin 'I don't know what to do with Dion Jordan' Coyle. The fact that our illustrious head coach that Ross clearly is in love with couldn't see this just adds more laughter to an already full blown comedy show in South Florida. Pathetic....

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Miami has had an awful reputation for a LONG time for not properly developing talented players. Go ahead, go down the list. Sooooooo many average players have left Miami and turned into pro-bowlers on another team. Coincidence? I'm gonna go with absolutely not. I hear you about having stability in an organization....but that comes with an exception as well. If you choose 'stability' over 'quality', then you are not only inviting mediocrity(Miami Dolphins), you're promoting it(Miami Dolphins). Miami DOES NOT have the right head coach....STILL. Sadly, it is going to take another 'ho-hum' season for our absolutely clueless owner to figure that out. With Philbin and Coyle still in Miami, I'm pretty sure the Dolphins have already been mathematically eliminated from next years playoffs.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a ridiculous cop out.....like other NFL teams don't 'deal' with injuries? Gimme a break.....and you could put Bozo the Freakin' Clown in charge of our defense starting next damn season and there's absolutely no way we could be any worse. And, oh, BTW-there was a guy available.......oh, what the hell is his name??????? I think its something like, 'La snow', or 'La Crow'......Dick effin Lebeau, you know, perhaps the best defensive mind in all of football? Not saying that was even an option, but I can personally guarantee you there were SEVERAL guys that would have been an instant upgrade over Kevin 'I don't know what to do with Dion Jordan' Coyle. The fact that our illustrious head coach that Ross clearly is in love with couldn't see this just adds more laughter to an already full blown comedy show in South Florida. Pathetic....

Easy killer. You got a lot of anger in your posts. Just want to touch on a couple things. Lebeau. Why do you think he is done in Pittsburgh? Their defense hasn't been elite for several years. I've read multiple reports stating that his scheme is outdated and easier to attack in today's NFL.

Dion Jordan. Let's face it. Dion Jordan is not a defensive end. He has no pass rush moves or skills since he put on weight to be able to defend the run anymore. He used to be a freak athlete. Now he is still a great athlete, just not crazy quick anymore. He should be moved permanently to LB because he is the best on the team covering TEs and RBs, except maybe fore Jenkins, and you can still blitz him to get after the QB.

As I said before, it's playoffs or fired for Ross this year. Attempting to implement a new scheme in a make or break year is universally frowned upon in the NFL.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy killer. You got a lot of anger in your posts. Just want to touch on a couple things. Lebeau. Why do you think he is done in Pittsburgh? Their defense hasn't been elite for several years. I've read multiple reports stating that his scheme is outdated and easier to attack in today's NFL.

Dion Jordan. Let's face it. Dion Jordan is not a defensive end. He has no pass rush moves or skills since he put on weight to be able to defend the run anymore. He used to be a freak athlete. Now he is still a great athlete, just not crazy quick anymore. He should be moved permanently to LB because he is the best on the team covering TEs and RBs, except maybe fore Jenkins, and you can still blitz him to get after the QB.

As I said before, it's playoffs or fired for Ross this year. Attempting to implement a new scheme in a make or break year is universally frowned upon in the NFL.

Ok, first of all.....if some of my posts appear to be angry rants and/or pessimistic in any suggested way, it is only because I've virtually bled aqua and orange for more than 30 years....and I'm worn the F out with what was ONCE a very proud franchise quickly becoming a 'textbook model' on how NOT to run an NFL franchise. I want my Dolphins to take a lesson from the successful blueprints in todays league(New England, Green Bay, Baltimore to name a few) and implement a damn coaching staff that has more than a clue about winning football games. Lebeau? He was merely an example. I could coach our defense from the Wendy's drivethru and have more success against opposing offenses than our complete joke of a DC. You could be right about Jordan, however, I think he could be an elite end. Heaven forbid our coaching staff ACTUALLY develop a player, something we haven't done in over a decade. As I said before, this is no longer a 'personnel' problem. Its a coaching problem. And the fact that Ross decided to give Philbin another year is ridiculously past puzzling. He technically should have been gone after last season, and most certainly should be unemployed after this one. We are seriously ONE GOOD COACH away from making a deep playoff run. Tannehill has the best year since Dan Marino, and we finish 8-8....hilarious.