• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TJ Hockenson, TE, Iowa

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am starting to see the value in a pick like this at #11. He is a tremendous blocker according to Jeremiah, is listed as the 5th best prospect by him, not that he is the end all expert. However, with the injuries at TE, inconsistency, and the need for a decent blocker, this could be the best value pick for us if Devin White, LB, LSU is off the board. White would still be my 1st pick if he is there.

Daniel Jeremiah's top 50 prospects for 2019 NFL Draft 2.0

Would be nice having another difference maker on offense especially when we deploy a TE that can be used for both facets of the game, not just one.

#11 TE TJ Hockenson, Iowa

#42 LB Mack Wilson, Alabama

#72 OT Caleb McGary, Washington

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, please! Look at how much better Dalton is when Eifert plays.... Given that Eifert will likely never play more than a handful of games we need to look toward the future.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying this is a bad idea, but the focus has to be on the OL - has to be. This is a guy you add as a final piece to the puzzle - but won't matter much when you are scrapping Dalton off the turf every 3rd play.

Also, this defense needs LB's, and really could use a guy to rotate in with Atkins - while he did just sign he's 30 and he can't last forever.

Maybe they can land a decent F/A for once under ZT - BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying this is a bad idea, but the focus has to be on the OL - has to be. This is a guy you add as a final piece to the puzzle - but won't matter much when you are scrapping Dalton off the turf every 3rd play.

Also, this defense needs LB's, and really could use a guy to rotate in with Atkins - while he did just sign he's 30 and he can't last forever.

Maybe they can land a decent F/A for once under ZT - BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Like I said, Devin White is my #1 pick if he is there.

However, I would not be disappointed in Mack Wilson from Alabama either. Honestly, I think he is a great player and could be there with our pick in the 2nd round. These 3 picks fill a major void for us.

TE to help put pressure on the LB's in the pass game, while giving Dalton another tremendous blocker on the line. Hockenson is supposedly the best blocking TE in college football also to go along with his hands and agility. Then you add a McGary, huge dude on the right side of the line with massive arm span and decent feet, you helped our Oline a lot right there.

Imagine Dalton lined up in the shotgun more often than not now, with a single back in Mixon, single TE in Hockenson, and then AJ Green, Tyler Boyd and John Ross lined up at WR?

That is a a wet dream for a QB to play behind. Plus, add in the fact Hockenson can really make Mixon that much better of an outside runner, because he is said to have many pancake blocks on DE and LB's in the second level. A Hines Ward at TE. Dalton can virtually go anywhere on the field and potentially get a TD.

Then you have the LB we desperately need in Wilson, who is said to be the hardest hitting LB in college football to go along with his ball hawking skills and instincts.

I think ideally, these 1st 3 picks would solve many of our issues.

Still not opposed to signing a FA RT like Ju'Waun James of Miami (you know we have some Miami connections now).

Then you can maybe sign Eifert to an incentive 1 year deal again, let him take some pressure off the rookie and then become the backup in hopes of keeping himself healthy throughout an entire year.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In reality, we only have one position we are really looking at filling in our starting offensive line, RT.

Westerman will probably be our starter next year at RG, then you have Price, Boiling and Glenn.

So while you want that oline fixed, replacing Redmond with Westerman if Taylor is smart (plus Rod Taylor will be back this year) is the only fix we are doing besides getting a new RT.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am liking this idea more and more as I think about it.

Have a fully functional TE who is a BEAST in run blocking and a tremendous pass catcher and route runner. It helps the passing game and the blocking of the offensive line. Then a guy like Mack Wilson taking heads off like Burfict used to before JuJu killed him roaming from the center of that defense.

I think drafting Hockenson and reupping Eifert for a an incentive based contract for a year or two would be excellent. You could deploy two TE sets without giving up pass catching threats on the outside, because both Eifert and Hockenson can run routes.

Sign Ju'Waun James from Miami to be our RT. Draft one too.

Our defensive line is not bad. Wilson, Vigil and Lawson (mostly on 3rd down). Maybe Malik Jefferson has his head out of his ass now and can play some ball. I would still look at trying to get a guy in FA like Preston Smith from Washington. Then, who knows if Burfict comes back. At this point it probably doesn't matter, but Burfict on the bench as a relief role would be nice to back that LB core up.

Mack Wilson
Nick Vigil
Preston Smith
Carl Lawson
Malik Jefferson
Vontaze Burfict (can backup Wilson at MLB)
Jordan Evans

I think we could live with that LB core for a year.

We need to resign Darqueze.

Hubbard is not a bad looking player at DE, but we could use drafting another one.