• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Titans/Pats

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a sad shitty ending for Brady. What a giant turd he laid up for every one to see. Pick six ending. Ouchie
This is the way it was always going to end for Brady. You can go out on top or you can play until you're 42+. You can't do both.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All non pats fans are happy this morning that we won't have to see them in the SB this year. Get some new blood in there .....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the way it was always going to end for Brady. You can go out on top or you can play until you're 42+. You can't do both.

Yep. You don't get to do both...last yr was the perfect time to walk away.

On that game.

It was one of those cases of a style making the fight. The Patriots DEF was built to defend the pass, with several high profile players at CB or the backend. The Titans on the other hand are built to pound to ball. Couple that with NE not having much of a response Edelman being doubled aside from James White...it was a perfect storm of a game for the Titans.

If they had asked Tannehill to drop back 35 times in that game they probably have 2 INTS and lose by 10+.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game for the Titans. A tip of the hat for them and their fans. Henry is a beast.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. You don't get to do both...last yr was the perfect time to walk away.

On that game.

It was one of those cases of a style making the fight. The Patriots DEF was built to defend the pass, with several high profile players at CB or the backend. The Titans on the other hand are built to pound to ball. Couple that with NE not having much of a response Edelman being doubled aside from James White...it was a perfect storm of a game for the Titans.

If they had asked Tannehill to drop back 35 times in that game they probably have 2 INTS and lose by 10+.
Imo, the Patriots defense did their part. They got a turnover and they didn't let the Titans score in the 2nd half.

This had way, way, way more to do with the Patriots offense not being able to take advantage of the Titans weakness - their mediocre pass defense. The Patriots oline has been suspect all year and the Patriots couldn't stretch the field and couldn't use Gronk to force defenses off man coverage like they did last year. IIRC the Titans use man coverage just as much as the Chiefs and when you do that you can remove Edelman for the most part.

The Titans also outpunted the Patriots which is something that really shouldn't be lost in this. That was about 30-50 yards of difference there in the 2nd half IIRC.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked it up '81 - '89 ....reruns till '90

That explains why I don't remember much of it. My boys were both born in 87 and my daughter in 91 and I'm sure there was a new hot cartoon show by the time they were 4 or 5 years old and watching TV.

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That explains why I don't remember much of it. My boys were both born in 87 and my daughter in 91 and I'm sure there was a new hot cartoon show by the time they were 4 or 5 years old and watching TV.
Most likely....I cant remember what was hot that time....Ninja Turtles maybe?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, the Patriots defense did their part. They got a turnover and they didn't let the Titans score in the 2nd half.

This had way, way, way more to do with the Patriots offense not being able to take advantage of the Titans weakness - their mediocre pass defense. The Patriots oline has been suspect all year and the Patriots couldn't stretch the field and couldn't use Gronk to force defenses off man coverage like they did last year. IIRC the Titans use man coverage just as much as the Chiefs and when you do that you can remove Edelman for the most part.

The Titans also outpunted the Patriots which is something that really shouldn't be lost in this. That was about 30-50 yards of difference there in the 2nd half IIRC.

Imo Tannehill didn't support the run game all that well in the passing game. Credit the Pats Def on some level, but there were some plays left out there for sure. Where I agree 100% is the NE OFC had issues all night. Inside the two with 1st down and had to settle for 3. I think TN's DEF knew at that point they no fear of the Pats attack.

TN did what NE does to other teams...they doubled their best WR and forced them to beat them with the rest ....#15 may turn out to be a player, but he gave them nothing last night.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone activated the Rex meltdown alert?
Crazy. Such poor character. You win every other SB for decades and he still turns into a whiny baby after one loss lashing out at everyone and everything. Fits the stereotype of crappy NE fan perfectly

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the Cowboys coaches are cleaning out their offices this morning they are all huddled around trying to figure out how Vrabel ran down the clock so much and none of them can comprehend it...:scratch:

Because coaching...

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the Cowboys coaches are cleaning out their offices this morning they are all huddled around trying to figure out how Vrabel ran down the clock so much and none of them can comprehend it...:scratch:

Because coaching...
The student schooled the teacher. Vrabel found studying the rules would pay off.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The student schooled the teacher. Vrabel found studying the rules would pay off.

the shit eating grin vrable had on his face as BB was having a meltdown was priceless. Vrable made it clear he wasn’t happy when the pats traded him. He harbored a grudge for a long time. His perspective was “you want me to be loyal to the team but the team doesn’t give it back”. It’s just the other side of the same coin but it pissed him off nonetheless. Little bit of redemption for him last night.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy. Such poor character. You win every other SB for decades and he still turns into a whiny baby after one loss lashing out at everyone and everything. Fits the stereotype of crappy NE fan perfectly

STFU, dumbass. No one was being a whiny baby, I was having a blast clowning the haters. :L

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is he trying to look like a gnome?

Last edited:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STFU, dumbass. No one was being a whiny baby, I was having a blast clowning the haters. :L
Whiny, salty-teared baby. At least own it. It when on for pages. Sore loser