• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to ramp up the ridiculous predictions thread

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson, S.C.
As fall practice begins, the entirety of the Tiger Nation waits with bated breath to see what the 2011-2012 season will hold. With a new offensive coordinator and starting quarterback combination, the Tiger faithful are hopeful that the team can recapture the short-lived glory of the 2009 season that finally brought them oh-so-close to the ever elusive conference championship. Considering four of five starters from the offensive line return along with the top two pass catchers and considerable potential at the running back position, the Tigers have a fair chance of becoming a threat offensively. However, that ability all hinges on Tajh Boyd's ability to run Chad Morris' uptempo spread with the precision Morris expects.

On the flip side, Kevin Steele returns very little on the defensive side of the ball. With the loss of titanic tackle Jarvis Jenkins and the (finally!) productive monster that was DaQuan Bowers, not to mention three starting defensive backs to the NFL, the perennial top 25 defensive has some big shoes to fill. The arrival of Tony Steward, Stephone Anthony, and Lateek Townsend at the linebacker position may finally give Steele the play makers he relishes in the middle of the defense, and with Corey Crawford, Brandon Thompson, and Andre Branch on the front line the cupboard isn't totally bare. The youth and inexperience in the secondary may be a focus of opposing offenses, but there is a dearth of talented potential in Rashard Hall, Bashaud Breeland, Johnathon Meeks, and Xavier Brewer.

On paper, as usual, Clemson has the talent to push for supremacy in the Atlantic Division. The schedule is front loaded with the usual snoozers against Troy and FCS Wofford before playing #23 Auburn, #6 FSU, and then traveling to Lane Stadium to face off against #13 VT. Ending on Thanksgiving weekend with #12 SCar won't be easy, but never in the sordid history of the rivalry have the Tigers ever dropped three in a row to their in-state rivals.

Prediction: Clemson will finish 8-4 with losses to FSU, VT, GT, and the annual head-scratcher/d'oh loss to Textile Bowl rival NC State.

_clemscott_

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Predicting a Clemson football season is becoming nearly an impossible feat. I will say that for the first time in a while something "feels" different and I mean that in a good way.

Points per game is everything this year. In our last 5 regular season games, we only averaged 14 points per game. We still managed to win 2 of those games because our scoring defense was solid. If we gain average around 24-28 points per game in the "Big" games then look out.

The new no-huddle, "Smash-Mouth" spread could be a real problem early. I expect to beat Auburn and I have to tell you, I am no so certain we lose to both FSU and VT. FSU is more vulnerable. They haven't won in the valley since 2001, we get them after what I hope is a tough Oklahoma game, and the word is E.J. Emmanuel is not developing as expected.

I see a 3-0 start.

Then a Split in the VT-FSU game (4-1)

I see only one more loss against either USC or NC State. I am looking at 9-3 and that is a very possible score.

I don't see GT as you do. I think the HS offense is exposed in the ACC and it will only be successful against the school of inferior talent.

That's my 2 cents

The first 5 games is so vital to our season. Another 2-3 start IMO would be a step back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We never play well in Atlanta. The last time we won in Bobby-Dodd stadium was 2003, and special teams cost us the last three down there. GT does have some questions on there offense, but the system itself will produce at least 14-24 points (particularly with our youth and inexperience in the LB corp). I am by no means giving up all hope on the FSU/VT games, but I don't expect us to win either one, especially having to travel to Lane stadium. If we start 3-2 with the offense improving every game, we have a great chance to win 9+ games though; it all hinges on our ability to run a balanced offense though.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson, S.C.
As fall practice begins, the entirety of the Tiger Nation waits with bated breath to see what the 2011-2012 season will hold. With a new offensive coordinator and starting quarterback combination, the Tiger faithful are hopeful that the team can recapture the short-lived glory of the 2009 season that finally brought them oh-so-close to the ever elusive conference championship. Considering four of five starters from the offensive line return along with the top two pass catchers and considerable potential at the running back position, the Tigers have a fair chance of becoming a threat offensively. However, that ability all hinges on Tajh Boyd's ability to run Chad Morris' uptempo spread with the precision Morris expects.

On the flip side, Kevin Steele returns very little on the defensive side of the ball. With the loss of titanic tackle Jarvis Jenkins and the (finally!) productive monster that was DaQuan Bowers, not to mention three starting defensive backs to the NFL, the perennial top 25 defensive has some big shoes to fill. The arrival of Tony Steward, Stephone Anthony, and Lateek Townsend at the linebacker position may finally give Steele the play makers he relishes in the middle of the defense, and with Corey Crawford, Brandon Thompson, and Andre Branch on the front line the cupboard isn't totally bare. The youth and inexperience in the secondary may be a focus of opposing offenses, but there is a dearth of talented potential in Rashard Hall, Bashaud Breeland, Johnathon Meeks, and Xavier Brewer.

On paper, as usual, Clemson has the talent to push for supremacy in the Atlantic Division. The schedule is front loaded with the usual snoozers against Troy and FCS Wofford before playing #23 Auburn, #6 FSU, and then traveling to Lane Stadium to face off against #13 VT. Ending on Thanksgiving weekend with #12 SCar won't be easy, but never in the sordid history of the rivalry have the Tigers ever dropped three in a row to their in-state rivals.

Prediction: Clemson will finish 8-4 with losses to FSU, VT, GT, and the annual head-scratcher/d'oh loss to Textile Bowl rival NC State.

So far my predictions have not been very good, which has been a good thing. We are currently 8-1 coming into the bye week; I thought we would be 5-3. Somehow we made it through the gauntlet undefeated and just did not play well against GT, 4 turnovers is not gonna get the job done against any team. We have an excellent chance of winning our remaining games and rolling into Charlotte at 11-1, but it has to start with practice today. The coaches have done an excellent job at adjustments thus far, but no amount of coaching can overcome turnovers.