• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to dust off the golf swing

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that deal not too long ago but I have no experience with them so I was a little hesitant.

You're right about the trajectory, I tend to use the 22 the most but there are specific situations where the 18 comes in really handy. At the course I mostly play at the 18 is a great choice on the par 5s and off the tee or off the second shot on some dog legs on a couple longer par 4s.

For us ams...you probably won't find a better ball than the Bridgestone 330 RXS ...irons, and short game spin like a PV1, but not as much side spin off the driver...I can keep it between the trees.

LY most of the greens here were so soft I played Noodles most of the time but when I got on the courses with this firm, fast champions bermuda...it's not the ball to play unless you bump-n-run most of the short game shots.

My 4h is a 24 deg I want to say...nice high flight I can stop it like a 5 or 6i...the 2h is mostly used on longer layups or ff the tee on shorter par 4s...there is an uphill par 3 over 200 yds that it does hold but I don't pull it much....I've thought about a regular flex shaft maybe with a softer tip for more height, but the cost is only a few buck less than the Adams.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost time to break out the clubs! Just one more month till warmer weather! Gonna go check out the new PGA tour store over here by me soon!

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For us ams...you probably won't find a better ball than the Bridgestone 330 RXS ...irons, and short game spin like a PV1, but not as much side spin off the driver...I can keep it between the trees.

LY most of the greens here were so soft I played Noodles most of the time but when I got on the courses with this firm, fast champions bermuda...it's not the ball to play unless you bump-n-run most of the short game shots.

My 4h is a 24 deg I want to say...nice high flight I can stop it like a 5 or 6i...the 2h is mostly used on longer layups or ff the tee on shorter par 4s...there is an uphill par 3 over 200 yds that it does hold but I don't pull it much....I've thought about a regular flex shaft maybe with a softer tip for more height, but the cost is only a few buck less than the Adams.

I do like to bump in run in certain positions but I can't say it's my standard approach. I'll give a dozen a shot this season and see how I like them.

Unfortunately the cost pretty much anything golf related is too high! If that's what you do hopefully you can just sell the old one and get a nice discount on something that works a little better for you.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my OP...I take it your a right hander

-"inside out swing"

-rotate threw the ball at impact

YOU WILL draw the ball.

GL:yahoo:

hahahaha

when I draw the ball, I inevitably pull it left :gaah:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you. Something finally clicked yesterday. First time I've broken par this year. My driver has been going high right for a month now; not yesterday. Headed out today to see if I can follow it up.

I'd give up 10 rounds of 68 though to be holding a fish like you caught in your avatar.

Oh man, I've caught dozens of giant fish....you could have them all for me carding just one 68!

I've broken par on a couple of nine hole rounds but 73 is still my lowest for eighteen. The great thing is that it came on the first round of the club championship in the scratch flight I really had no business signing up for. I got a few looks for that but of course the two mid eighties rounds to follow didn't leave me too close to having my name on the plaque.

Man am I excited though you guys. I told you that I missed all of last year due to this damn shoulder injury. Well I've been hitting balls and so far so good. I still have some dull pain but nothing apprears to be torn. I know it can still happen but swiping that first full shot after 10 months without swinging felt so awesome.

Hoping to return to my league again this spring~

How many of you play in a league?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man, I've caught dozens of giant fish....you could have them all for me carding just one 68!

I've broken par on a couple of nine hole rounds but 73 is still my lowest for eighteen. The great thing is that it came on the first round of the club championship in the scratch flight I really had no business signing up for. I got a few looks for that but of course the two mid eighties rounds to follow didn't leave me too close to having my name on the plaque.

Man am I excited though you guys. I told you that I missed all of last year due to this damn shoulder injury. Well I've been hitting balls and so far so good. I still have some dull pain but nothing apprears to be torn. I know it can still happen but swiping that first full shot after 10 months without swinging felt so awesome.

Hoping to return to my league again this spring~

How many of you play in a league?

Good to hear you're getting better...playing golf with pain sucks, but I can't imagine not playing at all.

League...we don't really have league play...unless you're a member somewhere and I'm not at the moment. We have a flighted AM tour...the beauty of it is we get to play some really nice tracks at a fair price...the ugly part is it's stroke play and your point about the cleanups are magnified 10 fold...even the sub 10 index flights can take 5+ hrs on the wrong course.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, last year sucked. It was the first time in 29 years that I couldn't play.

Playing in a league will advance your skills really quickly. You don't have to be all serious but playing by the rules in organized matches while keeping score will force you to get better.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hurt my foot last summer and had to basically golf with one shoe (and one without) or with a boot. It was tough.

I normally play a league but I skipped out on last year because of a hectic schedule. I've been meaning to get another My24 golf pass (discounted rounds at various public courses in the area from a local TV station) but all of the courses listed are either out in Waukesha or west of that. Normally they have a north and south card for different regions but not yet this year.

Once the snow melts I'm going to start working on my chipping at a park nearby. Chipping and wedge shots are the areas of weakness I really want to work on this season.

My girlfriend got me a rangefinder for my birthday a few days ago and I think it's going to help out a lot with club selection (especially since I don't play at one course often).

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...the body just will not do what the mind wants it too. Went to the range last week, everything either went left or right, nothing down the middle.

FOR SALE:

24 used golf clubs (forged Ben Hogans, Nike woods, various wedges, 4 putters, 3 hybrids)

Current golf swing-n-game are unavailable for fixing. Time to go fishing and find a new hobby. Mark Twain said it best, "Golfs a good walk spoiled."

Make offer

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...the body just will not do what the mind wants it too. Went to the range last week, everything either went left or right, nothing down the middle.

FOR SALE:

24 used golf clubs (forged Ben Hogans, Nike woods, various wedges, 4 putters, 3 hybrids)

Current golf swing-n-game are unavailable for fixing. Time to go fishing and find a new hobby. Mark Twain said it best, "Golfs a good walk spoiled."

Make offer

You got pics a them Hogans, Wallace? I have an incomplete set of 61 Power Thrusts, I doubt yours are that old but I'd love to take a peak.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FOR SALE:

Make offer
It's better to get them out of the way at the range than on the course.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's better to get them out of the way at the range than on the course.

Hah...Jeff Foxworthy takes the opposite approach:

"I only have about ten good shots in me per day; I'm not about to waste any of them on the range."

Personally, I like the range better. Who cares if I hit a lousy shot? I've got a whole bucket full of balls, let's line up another one. It's less frustrating to me than a round on the course, where I have never yet broken 100.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like to bump in run in certain positions but I can't say it's my standard approach. I'll give a dozen a shot this season and see how I like them.

Unfortunately the cost pretty much anything golf related is too high! If that's what you do hopefully you can just sell the old one and get a nice discount on something that works a little better for you.

330RSX...definitely not the cheapest ball you can play.

As I mentioned...everything was so soft here LY that I played Noodles ($12-$13 per dz) for most of the year with no problems. Around the greens, I bump-n-run as much as possible, but short sided shots you need spin...On firmer greens Noodles were not as good for getting the ball to stop near the cup. That's really what got me looking for more spin.

On chipping and putting practice I use my my game balls instead of the range balls so I know how they will respond...Try a sleeve 1st maybe and see how you like them.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purty, but I prefer the blades. Can't find a decent picture of my particular model at the moment, though.

I tried the Hogan blades, but the sweet spot is so small they were not for me...nice clubs tho.

I love the sound of a good "click" on a forged iron...you know ya hit the sweet spot.:clap:

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FOR SALE:

Make offer

you want to get lower scores???

switch to bowling

:suds:

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you want to get lower scores???

switch to bowling

:suds:

Scary thought right there, last time I bowled, I rolled a 150. Have NEVER come close to that on a golf course, cept when I played here...

Pacific Dunes Course - Bandon Dunes

...of course the wind was blowing around 20-30 MPH and rain was coming down sideways...final score was 134 and I felt really good about it too...:laugh3:

Awesome golf course...IF ya'l ever get to Oregon w/ your clubs, take it from me, THIS IS WHERE ya wanna play here.
:suds::whistle::gaah::scratch:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol...the ball comes back when you miss!

To anyone not breaking 100 after a couple of years of trying you need to 1) check your course management...don't try a miracle recovery out of the woods. Remember you just hit it there and it was up on a fucking peg then, now it's in the sticks and leaves. Punch it back out AND do it carefully. A ball that doesn't get all the way clear or that goes all the way through into shit on the other side won't help you. 2) chip and putt, chip and putt, chip and putt. This entire game is 4ft putts. Make those and you're maximizing your scoring potential.