• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to dust off the golf swing

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One shot at a time.

ALL golfers...Nicklaus and Woods included, battle that demon every round for their entire careers.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you talking about Gastrau's or a different place? I live about 2 miles from Gastrau's.

DUDE!! I live about a mile and a half from there

we're practically neighbors!!

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Met on the Net...

DUDE!! I live about a mile and a half from there
we're practically neighbors!!

What are the odds? good stuff guise.

Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Bavaria; 1967. I was one of mebbe 100 people taking the cog to the summit of the Zugspitze to ski on a white-out blizzard "probably shouldn't be out here" day...was 2 feet of crusty powder everywhere. At one point, I fell...and, while struggling to right myself and get up, my hand chanced on a Zippo Lighter (Radiation Inc, Melbourne, FLA, USA) buried deep in the fluff.

~ very weird, eh?
So I collect myself, ski down to the T-bar and link up with one of the only other skiers out there that day...on the tow up, we realized his family lived just across Lake Springfield, ILL, USA from mine.

~ fucking spooky, huh?
So I tell the guy about finding the Zippo lighter. He goes berserkoid! It was his lighter. He lost it in the snow two days earlier.

~ wtf?

He wouldn't take it back...I've still got the thing. Really...what are the odds?

:suds:

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Bavaria; 1967. I was one of mebbe 100 people taking the cog to the summit of the Zugspitze to ski on a white-out blizzard "probably shouldn't be out here" day...was 2 feet of crusty powder everywhere. At one point, I fell...and, while struggling to right myself and get up, my hand chanced on a Zippo Lighter (Radiation Inc, Melbourne, FLA, USA) buried deep in the fluff.

~ very weird, eh?
So I collect myself, ski down to the T-bar and link up with one of the only other skiers out there that day...on the tow up, we realized his family lived just across Lake Springfield, ILL, USA from mine.

~ fucking spooky, huh?

So I tell the guy about finding the Zippo lighter. He goes berserkoid! It was his lighter. He lost it in the snow two days earlier.

~ wtf?

He wouldn't take it back...I've still got the thing. Really...what are the odds?

great story

the older you get, the smaller the world becomes!!

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to hit a large bucket tomorrow with my buddy after catching some breakfast.

Sure hope the only thing I pull is a couple of shots to the left :redface:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

~ very weird, eh?

~ fucking spooky, huh?

~ wtf?

I love Garmisch. Been there several times.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to hit a large bucket tomorrow with my buddy after catching some breakfast.

Sure hope the only thing I pull is a couple of shots to the left :redface:

I'm with you there...lol

ATL weather......5" of snow/ice Wed...if it wasn't going to be so wet (cart path only) on the course I'd play today...60 deg forecasted today and near 70 into the work week.

As it is, I'm going to one of the nicer tracks and work on short game, 40 yds and in it's the best around..hit a bucket....that should kill a couple of hours on a no football Sunday.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pondering how I can get my net set up in the house. Of course, while wifey's away.

Bought a couple of new clubs including a Callaway 7 wood. Never had one before but I don't care for hybrids and there's a pretty good gap between my 5 wood and my irons so we'll see. $35.00 on ebay is worth a try. I have a particular shot in mind too. Our 8th is a pretty long uphill par 3. If there's a good breeze behind you, it's a bitch to get it high enough to carry up the hill but not blow over the back. This might be the ticket. Again, we'll see.

It' all moot if I'm not good to go with my shoulder. I've been swinging and have hit a few out back but not a whole bucket. So far so good. I may tinker with returning to an interlocking grip and get a little more right hand into it. I can't fully stretch out my left side. If that doesn't get wild, it may be a new swing I'll have to groove.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take it easy man...it's still FEB...shoulder has full range of motion I take it?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. It's much better but I can feel it's not 100%. If I hurt it last year, how much easier might it be to re injure this year is my worry.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I shot 68 today. On fire on the back.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GTFO!!!

68?

I get drunk for a week when I break 80!

Nice going man~

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GTFO!!!

68?

I get drunk for a week when I break 80!

Nice going man~

Thank you. Something finally clicked yesterday. First time I've broken par this year. My driver has been going high right for a month now; not yesterday. Headed out today to see if I can follow it up.

I'd give up 10 rounds of 68 though to be holding a fish like you caught in your avatar.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I shot 68 today. On fire on the back.

Wow...I have trouble DREAMING I shot a 68...I keep waking up before the end.

Seriously...I knew you were a pretty good player, but 68 is very good...kudos!!

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,293.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live by a heated inside driving range but usually never go during the winter. I usually will go there one or two times before the local driving ranges open

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...I have trouble DREAMING I shot a 68...I keep waking up before the end.

Seriously...I knew you were a pretty good player, but 68 is very good...kudos!!

Alas, today I went out to see if I could follow it up and shot 78. Strange game.

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my session was much better than I expected for not swinging a club for the last 3 1/2 months although I am a bit sore

just need to keep grinding away and hope my first outing isn't in May :gaah:

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pondering how I can get my net set up in the house. Of course, while wifey's away.

Bought a couple of new clubs including a Callaway 7 wood. Never had one before but I don't care for hybrids and there's a pretty good gap between my 5 wood and my irons so we'll see. $35.00 on ebay is worth a try. I have a particular shot in mind too. Our 8th is a pretty long uphill par 3. If there's a good breeze behind you, it's a bitch to get it high enough to carry up the hill but not blow over the back. This might be the ticket. Again, we'll see.

It' all moot if I'm not good to go with my shoulder. I've been swinging and have hit a few out back but not a whole bucket. So far so good. I may tinker with returning to an interlocking grip and get a little more right hand into it. I can't fully stretch out my left side. If that doesn't get wild, it may be a new swing I'll have to groove.
I love my hybrids. I have 18 and 22 degree Bafflers and it always feels like I have a huge margin of error with those clubs and I'll still find a way to walk away with a decent shot. I'm not exactly a bomber off the tee so without them I'd have some club gaps (especially now that sets start at the 4 or 5 iron).

I think my next golf purchases will be another Titleist Vokey, putter and some new balls. Balls never seem to be priced well so hopefully I can find some mid-grade ones and keep my eyes peeled while I play my first few rounds of the year. If the course isn't jam-packed I usually troll the sides to see if I can find any. I usually find a decent amount of them but those darn ProV1s don't turn up very often.

Last edited by a moderator:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love my hybrids. I have 18 and 22 degree Bafflers and it always feels like I have a huge margin of error with those clubs and I'll still find a way to walk away with a decent shot. I'm not exactly a bomber off the tee so without them I'd have some club gaps (especially now that sets start at the 4 or 5 iron).

I think my next golf purchases will be another Titleist Vokey, putter and some new balls. Balls never seem to be priced well so hopefully I can find some mid-grade ones and keep my eyes peeled while I play my first few rounds of the year. If the course isn't jam-packed I usually troll the sides to see if I can find any. I usually find a decent amount of them but those darn ProV1s don't turn up very often.

I love my 4H...the 2H, not so much...I hit it okay, but too low to hold greens a lot of times...looking the Adams LS 19 deg...swung it good in the store, but waiting for demo days to kick in to try it off the turf.

Balls...Golfsmith is selling the B330RXS for $30 a dz...and I had a 15% discount card from a previous purchase which they let me apply to it making them $25.50 so I bought 3 dz...hopefully they get me thru the year or close to it.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love my 4H...the 2H, not so much...I hit it okay, but too low to hold greens a lot of times...looking the Adams LS 19 deg...swung it good in the store, but waiting for demo days to kick in to try it off the turf.

Balls...Golfsmith is selling the B330RXS for $30 a dz...and I had a 15% discount card from a previous purchase which they let me apply to it making them $25.50 so I bought 3 dz...hopefully they get me thru the year or close to it.

I saw that deal not too long ago but I have no experience with them so I was a little hesitant.

You're right about the trajectory, I tend to use the 22 the most but there are specific situations where the 18 comes in really handy. At the course I mostly play at the 18 is a great choice on the par 5s and off the tee or off the second shot on some dog legs on a couple longer par 4s.