• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tim Wright waived

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kinda surprised. I know they signed Chandler, but Wright seemed to be complementary to Gronk/Chandler.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll get picked up by Rex.

I guess this means Fred Davis is having a nice camp.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Wright fit quite right. He had a couple of good games, but when the rubber met the road, Hooman was the other TE. From what I saw, Wright could not block and release. He really didn't block that well at all.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far according to Pats Fans.com the three most outstanding players in the OTAs have been.....

1. Aaron Dobson
2. Logan Ryan
3. Jimmy Garrapolo

I'm just telling what I've read.....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far according to Pats Fans.com the three most outstanding players in the OTAs have been.....

1. Aaron Dobson
2. Logan Ryan
3. Jimmy Garrapolo

I thought Garrapolo had that 5 interception day or something like that?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They keep/post stats from an intrasquad practice?

Well it was the talk of OTA's for the Patriots the other day as it was either somebody saying how great the secondary looked or how terrible Garrapolo looked. Just depended on your view. One bad day though doesn't define an OTA so maybe he really kicked it up a notch and has impressed since then.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Wright over hooman
Hooman is an exceptional blocker. We are going to run this year.
Wright faded in 2nd half of season.
We have too many tight ends. cut him loose as respect. He'll sign elsewhere immediately.....

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it was the talk of OTA's for the Patriots the other day as it was either somebody saying how great the secondary looked or how terrible Garrapolo looked. Just depended on your view. One bad day though doesn't define an OTA so maybe he really kicked it up a notch and has impressed since then.

Not sure the guy is much of a practice player. He looked like crap in camp last year and especially in inter-squad practices with the Redskins. Then went out in the preseason game, and lit them up pretty good. This was the big story in last year's camp.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was shocked at first, then I thought about it. Gronk and Chandler are going to be the ones seeing the most of the time. Both can block, huge RZ targets. Also Davis was a nice player in Wash, had some big games and I think he fills that role that Wright was, but prob a little better. Now we have Hooman and don't forget Bequette and Darby. Beguette is now considered a TE, so the move is final, and I have heard some decent things on him. I believe his 3-cone time is comparable to some WR on this team. Don't think we will have 5 TE on this team...I can def see 4 though. I think it comes down to Davis, Hooman, Bequette, Darby (who I think NE would like to land on the PS this yr)

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was shocked at first, then I thought about it. Gronk and Chandler are going to be the ones seeing the most of the time. Both can block, huge RZ targets. Also Davis was a nice player in Wash, had some big games and I think he fills that role that Wright was, but prob a little better. Now we have Hooman and don't forget Bequette and Darby. Beguette is now considered a TE, so the move is final, and I have heard some decent things on him. I believe his 3-cone time is comparable to some WR on this team. Don't think we will have 5 TE on this team...I can def see 4 though. I think it comes down to Davis, Hooman, Bequette, Darby (who I think NE would like to land on the PS this yr)

Nice to have so many good options. Wish that were the case for the back end of the defense. That's what worries me most right now.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Aaron Dobson
2. Logan Ryan
3. Jimmy Garrapolo

Which still means Dobson won't play

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised when I saw on CSN last night that the Patriots still have 7 TEs on their roster.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure the guy is much of a practice player. He looked like crap in camp last year and especially in inter-squad practices with the Redskins. Then went out in the preseason game, and lit them up pretty good. This was the big story in last year's camp.

Some players are like that. They need that true competition where everything is on the line to perform at peak ability. Others are the complete opposite in that they can look great in shorts but then crumble when the lights come on. I remember the Broncos drafted this kid in the 1st round that everybody was raving about in practice of how he was looking but then in actual games the guy was a complete bust.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some players are like that. They need that true competition where everything is on the line to perform at peak ability. Others are the complete opposite in that they can look great in shorts but then crumble when the lights come on. I remember the Broncos drafted this kid in the 1st round that everybody was raving about in practice of how he was looking but then in actual games the guy was a complete bust.

Absolutely bizarre how that happens.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised when I saw on CSN last night that the Patriots still have 7 TEs on their roster.

Not at all surprised (at this time) With the improvement on the O-line and the best TE's in football, e are going to do some serious run - blocking. We have a good cast at RB - someone steps up, this Offense is going to be very difficult to handle.