• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tiger Woods still not taking full swings, says 'too soon' to determine when he'll return

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,293.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seven weeks after undergoing surgery to alleviate a pinched nerve in his back, Tiger Woods still isn't hitting full shots and remains uncertain about when he will be able to return to competitive golf.

That would appear to rule out next month's U.S. Open, which starts June 12 at Pinehurst No. 2 in North Carolina.

"There really is no timetable," Woods said Monday at Congressional Country Club. "I think that's been kind of the realization to all of this, is that there's no date.

"It's just take it on a daily basis. It's not going to be up to me whether I play or not, it's going to be up to my docs. I want to play now. It would be nice to be able to go out there today and play ..."

On Monday, the day he was passed by Adam Scott for the No. 1 spot in the Official World Golf Ranking, Woods made his first public appearance since the March 31 surgery at Congressional Country Club, where the Quicken Loans National will be played starting June 26. The tournament benefits the Tiger Woods Foundation.

Source: ESPN