• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Throwbacks to be worn vs. Browns

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they have stated the new green is Apple green so yeah it's not the old forest green. I like it way better than the Forest green to be honest. The brighter blue and apple green pops better than the darker blue and forest green 100%.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just threw this together real quick to show the difference. Old colors were just boring/Dull compared to the new.

colorchange.png

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just threw this together real quick to show the difference. Old colors were just boring/Dull compared to the new.

View attachment 334711
Wait what? The new color has the new lame lime green which is not lime enough and then a lighter blue when the blue Seattle wears is dark navy?

Not quite getting where you're goin' here screamin.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait what? The new color has the new lame lime green which is not lime enough and then a lighter blue when the blue Seattle wears is dark navy?

Not quite getting where you're goin' here screamin.

I was saying they changed the color is all what dont you understand. Those are not the original colors but they are fine and they still have that 90's look.

If you look at the colors i post the OLD COLORS are the original 76-01 colors the "New colors" is what they put on the new Throwback jerseys. And they even stated " Apple Green" when the original was "Forest green".

I am fine with the slight color change it makes them POP more. I would like to see that blue used on our "current" uniforms.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was saying they changed the color is all what dont you understand. Those are not the original colors but they are fine and they still have that 90's look.

If you look at the colors i post the OLD COLORS are the original 76-01 colors the "New colors" is what they put on the new Throwback jerseys. And they even stated " Apple Green" when the original was "Forest green".

I am fine with the slight color change it makes them POP more. I would like to see that blue used on our "current" uniforms.

OOOOH gotcha, I was unaware it got changed for the upcoming season, my bad.

I get it. I'll be curious to see it.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just expecting the "New" Throwbacks to use the same color scheme as the original 90's uniform colors that they are copying and was a little miffed why they would make a throwback uniform then change the colors on the throwback so it's different than the original 90's era uniforms colors. I am 100% fine with it as i think they look really sharp but the current uniforms are better but not by much. The Color change on the throwbacks saved them in my eyes and look better than the original 90's uniform.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will look cool but wondering why we are only throwing back to the 90s and not to the time when the franchise was born.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll do that later to sell more jerseys

I mean... the Negative Nancy side of me agrees that's the reason (which sucks but it's what it is... I work for a Company that has to make profit for me to get paid). I'd like to think otherwise, but that's not really how things work.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will look cool but wondering why we are only throwing back to the 90s and not to the time when the franchise was born.

From what I read they said it was because when looking back the 90's was one of the most influential times for the Team and the city of Seattle. With the Franchise almost moving away and the fans stopping the moving trucks, the fight to save the team for Seattle, the end of a Era with the Kingdom implosion and the stadium vote etc. etc. Only to have Paul Allen step in and save the team for the city. So in a way it's also a way to honor a great man that saved football in Seattle. In my Honest opinion it was more than the best era to bring back the throwbacks.

Thank you Mr. Allen My you rest in peace and may we never forget what you did for our City, Team and fans.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish they'd make these permanent and ditch our current ones:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish they'd make these permanent and ditch our current ones:

The brighter colors do make them look much better than the original 90's uniform but nah man the current jersey is better. I hate the old style Hawk also it looks so damn goofy. Funny thing is everyone always wants something new and different. If they were in these uniforms and they busted out the current ones everyone would be like "Those are awesome!". People just get bored and Shark if you are married you cant trade in your wife after 12 years. lol

I want them to change the Wolf grey back to the silver then ware the silver pants with the blue tops and or white tops for road games and use the single color look blue pants blue top for special games like Sunday night, Monday Night and Thursday night games.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The original logo is directly borrowed from native american designs I believe, I dont think its goofy is just lacks modern stylizing like the current logo.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I
The original logo is directly borrowed from native american designs I believe, I dont think its goofy is just lacks modern stylizing like the current logo.
know why it looks like that but i still think it looks goofy, I always thought it looked goofy.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know why it looks like that but i still think it looks goofy, I always thought it looked goofy.

I wouldn't mind a little bit of a logo re-vamp (which I think is all MrS was saying), but I like the color scheme.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the 90's Pants being more shiny, they are just gray and not much different than the wolf gray pants they have now other than being a little lighter and the leg striping.
shiny.jpg
yep they were shiny.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The brighter colors do make them look much better than the original 90's uniform but nah man the current jersey is better. I hate the old style Hawk also it looks so damn goofy. Funny thing is everyone always wants something new and different. If they were in these uniforms and they busted out the current ones everyone would be like "Those are awesome!". People just get bored and Shark if you are married you cant trade in your wife after 12 years. lol

I want them to change the Wolf grey back to the silver then ware the silver pants with the blue tops and or white tops for road games and use the single color look blue pants blue top for special games like Sunday night, Monday Night and Thursday night games.
I like that idea for the primetime games as well. Anything would be preferrable to the color rush neon shit they run out there now, though.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the 90's Pants being more shiny, they are just gray and not much different than the wolf gray pants they have now other than being a little lighter and the leg striping.
View attachment 335202
yep they were shiny.
Yep... Those jerseys remind me of Chris Warren toten the rock 30x's a game...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really should have brought back the Throwbacks last year, then worn them when they played the AFC West teams.