• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on the MNF game

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a bad note I have been saying this over and over and over and over and over but nobody listens to me. WE HAVE NO RUN GAME. CM is a good guy but he is an average RB and I had a feeling that he was because he was cut by two different teams 3 if you count the seahawks. He would have an explosive play here and there but he isnt that consistent reliable 4 to 5 yards type back. He would get stopped at the line or for 2 or 3 yards then get his one 60 yard explosive run which would make his YPC avg look better than what it really is. on the hawks last offensive drive even the commentator said that the hawks had to throw the ball to kill the clock and move the chains due to the lack of efficiency in the run game.
Why do you think no one is listening? Do you need to be acknowledged every time? I think everyone here recognizes that our running game is feeble. But I think laying it all the feet of Christine Michael in an "I told you so" kind of way is weak sauce. No one here proclaimed he would be great or even a pro bowler. But the QB has been banged up, who has been a big part of the run game, and we've had obvious OL issues. It's not just one thing.

The good news is RW's gradual health improvement is going to help both aspects of the offense, and Rawls' return should provide a boost as well.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a bad feeling about the New England game.

1. Seattle struggles to cover tight ends, and NE has 2 pro bowler TEs.
2. Seattle has no running game.
3. The defense cannot stop drives
4. Shallow underneath crossing patterns give the Seahawks fits.

This is the first time in a long time I'm worried about Seattle getting blown out. You always have a few games marked down as losses beforehand, but I could see this being a 34-13 type victory for New England. Just a lot of weaknesses to exploit with Seattle right now.

Hope I'm wrong.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, there were things to love and things that caused more concern in that W over Buffalo. Most of them have already been covered so no need for me to rehash it.

I'm sure the team will finish strong like they always do but next week might be a rough one.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, there were things to love and things that caused more concern in that W over Buffalo. Most of them have already been covered so no need for me to rehash it.

I'm sure the team will finish strong like they always do but next week might be a rough one.

My biggest concern about the Pats is Gronkowski. I don't think they're going to be able to double him with New England's running game taking some of the focus off of Gronk, so whomever they put on him (Chancellor?) is gonna have to win that matchup more often than not if they want to neutralize him. The defensive line can help by getting to Brady and disrupting his timing. We can assume that Brady is gonna try to get the ball out quick, so it won't be easy getting to him, but they're gonna have to.

Offensively, the Hawks looked better on Monday night than they have in a while, but there was still one glaring issue. They have to be able to run the ball. If they don't and they can't get some sustained drives going, it could be a long night and a bad result. It looks like Prosise is gonna get a good long look this week, so hopefully he can breathe some life into the running game. I heard we might be getting Rawls back as "soon" as the Eagles game, but that's still more than a week away, so it's on Prosise to get it done this week.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think the Hawks will win this game, but I think we have a shot and would be shocked if we were blown out for a few reasons. Reason #1 is RW is clearly getting healthier. Not all the way back for sure but on an upward trend and certainly throwing the ball at a high level with JG being a big part of the O. Reason #2 is it sounds like PC is embracing what makes the offense go right now and is going to let Bevell cut it loose a bit more with down field shots and potentially a higher volume of passing. Reason #3 Kam is back and should provide an emotional lift. Reason #4 is this team's style of play just makes it nearly impossible for them to get blown out. Our game travels really well.

It's gonna be tough for sure.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gut says we throw the ball all over the place and lose a high scoring game, maybe 34-29 or something weird

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a bad feeling about the New England game.

1. Seattle struggles to cover tight ends, and NE has 2 pro bowler TEs.
2. Seattle has no running game.
3. The defense cannot stop drives
4. Shallow underneath crossing patterns give the Seahawks fits.

You forgot to mention the Pats are also coming off a bye week, and were coming off a short week and traveling to the East coast as well... It's a tall order... One positive is Kam is back, and Russ does tend to step it up in big games like this... I don't think he's 100 percent yet but he's definitely starting to look better...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot to mention the Pats are also coming off a bye week, and were coming off a short week and traveling to the East coast as well... It's a tall order... One positive is Kam is back, and Russ does tend to step it up in big games like this... I don't think he's 100 percent yet but he's definitely starting to look better...

Yes it's a short week but lucky to have it on Sunday night instead of a 1 or 4pm start time. Those few extra hours does make a difference. I think RW will be on point, he's got a little chip on his shoulder from a couple of years ago.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think no one is listening? Do you need to be acknowledged every time? I think everyone here recognizes that our running game is feeble. But I think laying it all the feet of Christine Michael in an "I told you so" kind of way is weak sauce. No one here proclaimed he would be great or even a pro bowler. But the QB has been banged up, who has been a big part of the run game, and we've had obvious OL issues. It's not just one thing.

The good news is RW's gradual health improvement is going to help both aspects of the offense, and Rawls' return should provide a boost as well.

NO I need to be acknowledged every time he has a bad game, I need to be recognized for my brilliance for spotting this weakness a mile away. Its about time you guys put some respek on my name

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it's a short week but lucky to have it on Sunday night instead of a 1 or 4pm start time. Those few extra hours does make a difference. I think RW will be on point, he's got a little chip on his shoulder from a couple of years ago.

True, Sunday night does help us a bit....