• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Mike Montgomery?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed but if he pitches 3 r 4 times and does well maybe we deal him.

I like your over optimism but noone is going to deal squat for Kuma which defeats the purpose. IMO Kuma is done as a starter but he could be very useful as a long reliever similar to how Hasagawa was for the M's.

I might have been reading that wrong, you meant deal Kuma or Montgomery?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would we deal Montgomery? Pitching is the only reason we're in games... Montgomery is finally pitching up to his draft status... We have a very strong, young nucleus in our starting pitchers - we need to hang onto them...

I agree with you though... I don't think Kuma will pitch good enough to warrant a starting job... ... I'd deal him in a heartbeat...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your over optimism but noone is going to deal squat for Kuma which defeats the purpose. IMO Kuma is done as a starter but he could be very useful as a long reliever similar to how Hasagawa was for the M's.

Kuma and yes he would have value if he pitches well between now and end of July. He has to show he is healthy and that his pitch is sinking again. He was a top pitcher just 2 years ago and he is a cheap rental. I hope Jack or whoever the GM will be at the end of the month gets value for him before he walks.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree. I think if Kuma goes out there and has a few good starts teams would be calling. Teams can get desperate for starting pitching and overpay. I think teams would view him as an option they should be able to add for fairly cheap (meaning they don't have to sell the farm to get him). I think if you can get a player that projects as a major league level anything then I think you take the chance. It does the M's no good to hang onto him imo.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I think if Kuma goes out there and has a few good starts teams would be calling. Teams can get desperate for starting pitching and overpay. I think teams would view him as an option they should be able to add for fairly cheap (meaning they don't have to sell the farm to get him). I think if you can get a player that projects as a major league level anything then I think you take the chance. It does the M's no good to hang onto him imo.

So who is Kuma going to steal away starts from? Better not be Montgomery... Elias is the odd man out at this point imo...

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who is Kuma going to steal away starts from? Better not be Montgomery... Elias is the odd man out at this point imo...
That is the question. Personally I am not convinced Kuma is a better option to start games than any of the guys we already have right now. But you know that Jack Z is going to force him into the rotation that is just how this org. does stuff.
I think you are right Elias is the odd man out at the moment, so it will be interesting to see what Jack Z does.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the question. Personally I am not convinced Kuma is a better option to start games than any of the guys we already have right now. But you know that Jack Z is going to force him into the rotation that is just how this org. does stuff.
I think you are right Elias is the odd man out at the moment, so it will be interesting to see what Jack Z does.

I actually think him returning to rotation makes baseball sense IF Jack has the balls to deal with the situation properly. Meaning trading him for a nice piece even if it is a prospect piece if he does well. I don't think Jack has that in him though.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I find it hard to believe any team is going to give anything up for Kuma, maybe package him with somebody but he could get what 4 starts in? And he is going to be on a pitch count I just have no faith he can come out and have more than possibly 1 QS that would generate any buzz.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto needs some pitching badly... They have a lot of hitters... Dealing Iwa/Ackley combo could net us something in return...

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In all reality though these are the teams that will make desperate moves and my hope is that someone would take a shot on him if he proves to be healthy and effective.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iwa for Grady Sizemore?