• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This year vs 05

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it crazy to think that I felt more confident and less nervous about the 05 team's run despite knowing that this year's team is probably better?

I was only in high school (junior year?) then so maybe I didn't understand the magnitude of the superbowl run and how precious it really was. I probably took it for granted thinking yeah we'll be back in Miami next year whereas this year even though the team is younger and probably has a much bigger window to contend for a superbowl for years to come...we all have this feeling like it's all in for 2013-2014.

Also the level of hype and excitement for the team in this city has gotten to a point where my friend has called it an "epidemic." Everyone I know from die hard fans, casual fans, and just people in general in the city are all in for the Seahawks. I was at the Seattle Municipal Court to pay my speeding ticket and even there they had 12th man flags and employees all in Seahawk attire.

I know listening to KJR yesterday I heard that Macklemore was just walking around the downtown area and just soaking it all in....seeing all the flags and banners hung up, the lights altered to spell out 12 on hotels, people walking everywhere in their jerseys or some sort or Seahawks attire for blue friday. And after work I kind of did the same thing and it just felt amazing.

What do you guys recall from 05 and how does it compare to this year?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt more comfortable w/ Hasslebeck. Nothing to knock against our budding superstar. I think #8 was better seasoned.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2005, CAR was no where near as good as SF is this year. I was more nervous about beating WAS that year and once we got past them, I knew we were beating CAR. When we won that game, I had tears of joy and my kids saw me cry for the first time ever. The SB that followed was the worst day of my life and it isn't even close.

This year, we have a much better team, but the other teams still alive are better too. I am nervous and not as confident as I was in 2005, but this team will make it to the SB. I am constantly reminded of the Real Rob Report from when we returned from ATL and people lined the streets from the airport to the VMAC showing their support for this team, I hope the players remember that too and it helps motivate them.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was way more confident back in 2005 as well. I think it has to do with having a solid offense that you know will get you first downs. Our 3rd and short conversion rate that year was astronomical and it seemed like a forgone conclusion that we would take home the trophy. Especially after Indy was knocked out. I am very nervous about tomorrow because of what it means for the region but I am still confident that we win fairly easy.

Kaepernick is just too awful to beat us in Seattle

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our road is much tougher this year then in 2005. To get the Super Bowl that year we only had to beat an aging Mark Brunell and an ok Redskins team and then a Jake Delhomme led Panther led team who's only threat was Steve Smith.
This year we had to beat the Saints and a Hall of Fame quarterback Drew Brees and then hopefully get through one of the best well rounded teams in football.

For me it has nothing to do with our 2005 team vs this year because I think our 2013 team easily gets the SB in 05. The road is just much much more difficult.

hawkturnal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
,If we only had that '05 o-line we'd be a lock.....

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think many forget how stressful the 05 season was. It melts away after the game and is forgotten days later. It's How we are wired we don't remember how stressful things were, we remember it was stressful just not how stressful.

I did not think i was stressed in 05 but my brother made a video before the 05 NFCC game so i watched it just a couple days ago. Oh boy I was a wreck. Thing is this 49er team is better than any team we played in the 05 playoffs.

I just hope the Hawks are the team of Destiny this year, I felt they were in 05 but they lost in the Superbowl. I don't feel like they are this year so maybe they win? lol who knows.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it crazy to think that I felt more confident and less nervous about the 05 team's run despite knowing that this year's team is probably better?

I was only in high school (junior year?) then so maybe I didn't understand the magnitude of the superbowl run and how precious it really was. I probably took it for granted thinking yeah we'll be back in Miami next year whereas this year even though the team is younger and probably has a much bigger window to contend for a superbowl for years to come...we all have this feeling like it's all in for 2013-2014.

Also the level of hype and excitement for the team in this city has gotten to a point where my friend has called it an "epidemic." Everyone I know from die hard fans, casual fans, and just people in general in the city are all in for the Seahawks. I was at the Seattle Municipal Court to pay my speeding ticket and even there they had 12th man flags and employees all in Seahawk attire.

I know listening to KJR yesterday I heard that Macklemore was just walking around the downtown area and just soaking it all in....seeing all the flags and banners hung up, the lights altered to spell out 12 on hotels, people walking everywhere in their jerseys or some sort or Seahawks attire for blue friday. And after work I kind of did the same thing and it just felt amazing.

What do you guys recall from 05 and how does it compare to this year?

I feel the exact same way.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah it is way better,this team is far more just the :It: yah know.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will be in the playoffs for years with this team,it's great to be 12th man.