• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Weeks Silver Lining: Dolphins Mighty Defense "Back to the Drawing Board"

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor corner play the first game and poor LB play both games is a much issue.

shitty D-Line play in the 2nd half of the SD led to a lot of what you're talking about with the LB's and Mathis and nickle- CB play. IMO only. The entire defense, minus Slay and Quin for the most of their play to date, doesn't have any chemistry, cohesion and continuity. It's down right FUGLY to watch and so is the OL.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shitty D-Line play in the 2nd half of the SD led to a lot of what you're talking about with the LB's and Mathis and nickle- CB play. IMO only. The entire defense, minus Slay and Quin for the most of their play to date, doesn't have any chemistry, cohesion and continuity. It's down right FUGLY to watch and so is the OL.

Everyone pretty much stunk in the second half. They were gassed. I mentioned that they look like they are not in football shape yet. I agree with Quin and Slay being pretty good too.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone pretty much stunk in the second half. They were gassed. I mentioned that they look like they are not in football shape yet. I agree with Quin and Slay being pretty good too.

if the cotdamn offense cannot get a few 9-12 play series going then you have to expect the defense to be gassed. I blame the OL in combination with play calling right in conjunction with skill players not being able to execute as a whole. It's fucking everybody with the offense to blame, players, OC, HC, position coaches, you name it.

I was never sold on the OLine being good from the get go this early but I sure as hell thought there might be a small progression to the good. haven't seen it yet. Swanson and Tomlinson are still learning on the run. You should expect some issues there with limited action.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any explanation for the DTs sucking in Austin's DT friendly super system?
Our DTs should've always been considered average players from the jump. I don't think anyone expected them to be great. They thought Ngata could help stop the run and Walker has some upside. He has a nice bull-rush also. Maybe they are too high on Reid but we will see how that plays out.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the cotdamn offense cannot get a few 9-12 play series going then you have to expect the defense to be gassed. I blame the OL in combination with play calling right in conjunction with skill players not being able to execute as a whole. It's fucking everybody with the offense to blame, players, OC, HC, position coaches, you name it.

I was never sold on the OLine being good from the get go this early but I sure as hell thought there might be a small progression to the good. haven't seen it yet. Swanson and Tomlinson are still learning on the run. You should expect some issues there with limited action.

Plenty of blame to go round, no doubt. As far as the O-line, I figured that most of them were in the second year of the system that maybe it would kick in and they would have some continuity, but it actually looks worse. Plus no Sims and Raiola had to be addition by subtraction. Came to the realization that the scheme is a big factor.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of blame to go round, no doubt. As far as the O-line, I figured that most of them were in the second year of the system that maybe it would kick in and they would have some continuity, but it actually looks worse. Plus no Sims and Raiola had to be addition by subtraction. Came to the realization that the scheme is a big factor.

no one should have expected Swanson to come out playing guns a blazing, not even having a year of NFL camp and 1 damn start at C behind him. Tomlinson is learning a far more complex scheme now than what he had at Duke, I would think. I don't even give him a break with his off-field IQ coming in to play with the complexity of NFL terminology. I mean come on guys, Raiola and Sims both talked about how difficult the scheme and the terminology was last year and they were both smart on field players that each had 12 years and 9 years of experience. So, where does that lead you to believe the problem exists within ? Fuck the zone blocking scheme and go back to power man blocking scheme that was in use pre-2014.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see some confusion along the o-line also. Both SD and the Vikings were bringing all sorts of guys to the line of scrimmage and either backing out or blitzing. Teams used to never blitz the Lions. I think they are exposing the o-line if you ask me. They know Swanson is in there. They know the scheme is fairly new. They know a lot of things.

How would you attack the Lions knowing they are in the mist of transition along the o-line and don't have a real starter at RT? You bring it every snap until you can't any more.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. the defense is Bad because Levy is missing. Also, Tulloch and Mathis are not what they were last year. Suh is also a piece of it but by far not the main reason. You are making an overly optimistic analogy plain and simple.
Agreed. Mathis was a huge part of why our defense was so good last year, but he looks like a completely different player this year. If he can't pull it together we're in trouble because the guy they drafted to groom behind him is nowhere close to being game-ready at this point.

Tulloch was off to a ridiculous start last year before the injury. He hadn't played a real game in almost two years going into San Diego, and was much better this past Sunday, so he may just need to shake off the rust and get his body back in game shape. I'm anxious to see if he can build on that improvement again this week.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor corner play the first game and poor LB play both games is a much issue.

Every coach and player will tell you it all starts in the trenches. Suh and our feared D line masked these holes. Without them, this is what you get.