• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This resting shit is fucking ridiculous now

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Don't remember this resting stuff back in the 90s or even 6 years ago....Seems to either be the new thing, or they actually have always done this but now the media with its overreached arm of social media, etc. has just picked this topic out and has made it into a big deal.

It is certainly stupid regardless, these guys get paid millions to play the games. But at the same time, what is the point when everyone knows the outcome at this point is Cleveland/Golden State. We are all just waiting for June so this series can finally happen.

In a league of no parity this happens.

It's always existed, it's just more open now. In the past, teams would just fake injuries to rest a guy. "Tendonitis" or "stomach flu" use to be rampant on the injury reports in the 80s and especially 90s but you rarely see that anymore. They just go ahead and give the DNP-Rest

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, no need to get on Lebron because we did that all season, but wtf is up with teams like the Nets resting their starters for the last game of the season? What are they resting for? They have a whole summer to rest? They are already locked in the worst record seed, so that is no excuse. This new NBA is ridiculous!!!
well- no reason "to get on LeBron" at all. No one has played more NBA games over the last 6 seasons.

I do agree I have no clue why some of these teams are doing what they are doing/did- but to each their own. As long as they are operating in the rules they can do whatever they want- while i think its stupid for the Nets to rest their guys- they are paying people in the front office a lot of money to make these decisions.

I mean- even with Kyrie Irving on the Cavs- i realize he just turned 25----- but last season he went from playing till Game 7 of the Finals- straight to the Olympics- right into the NBA season- coming off the season before when he had fairly serious knee surgery----- and then looking at of course another deep playoff run. Not only that- but the fairly long-term injuries to Love and Smith- (and some of the lesser injuries as well) put a big road block in the Cavs plans to reduce minutes during the regular season.

Why teams that arent making the playoffs at least arent trying at the end? I dunno----- but i have no problem with playoff teams resting anyone- esp. when there is compelling reason to do so with guys not only like LeBron, but Kyrie as well.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you are really stupid, but can you give us a reason why you got on lebron "all season"

The hating losers of this board can't even think rationally anymore lol...last years championship must have caused brain damage.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always existed, it's just more open now. In the past, teams would just fake injuries to rest a guy. "Tendonitis" or "stomach flu" use to be rampant on the injury reports in the 80s and especially 90s but you rarely see that anymore. They just go ahead and give the DNP-Rest

Plus, the vast majority of the resting was done after playoff positions had already been secured or close to it. So, even though everyone knew that the "injuries and illnesses" were bs. No one complained because they knew it was going to happen.

It's this nonsense about resting guys in freaking February that bothers most people.

Not to mention, lousy teams like the Nets resting their guys. As, I believe it was @bksballer89 pointed out, where is the pride from the non-playoff teams in trying to win a game and effect the playoff seeding of teams that are going to be in the playoffs?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well- no reason "to get on LeBron" at all. No one has played more NBA games over the last 6 seasons.

Actually, there is. Not so much about him resting (although resting in January/February and even March is pretty weak). But he's really the only one I see that doesn't appear to be smart enough to stfu about it.

Plus, sitting on the bench drinking coffee and cutting up while his teammates are on the court getting their asses kicked is just a bad look. He'd have been better off just staying in the locker room getting "treatment" for whatever bogus injury the Cavs could dream up.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why teams that arent making the playoffs at least arent trying at the end? I dunno----- but i have no problem with playoff teams resting anyone- esp. when there is compelling reason to do so with guys not only like LeBron, but Kyrie as well.

Yeah, the teams that aren't making the playoffs have no business resting anyone. That's one aspect of resting that the NBA definitely needs to address. I'll bet if they at least partially tied the number of ping pong balls to how much a lottery team's starters rested, those teams would have their starters out there.

As for playoff teams, rest your guys when playoff positions are set. Not before.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you are really stupid, but can you give us a reason why you got on lebron "all season"

The hating losers of this board can't even think rationally anymore lol...last years championship must have caused brain damage.

With every post, you just continue to show how clueless you actually are. The reasons for getting on Lebron have been stated multiple times through out the season. Your inability to grasp it is on you, not everyone else.

Also, your initial response was to something that wasn't said, which only further proves your inability to comprehend what you read.