• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is why Oklahoma should have been in the playoffs

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way this would work would be if the P5 split and only played other P5 teams...and if that happened, I can assure you, we would not need 8 teams in the playoff to figure out who was the best team.
I think this would provide the data points needed. JMO.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU whipped ur ass in Norman.

True. And Clemson lost to Pitt. However, if Oklahoma takes care of their shit against Houston none of this matters.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say the math was hard...

So...in your formula, playing a Troy team that went 10-2 and played nobody but Alabama is better than playing a 6-6 Virginia Tech team who played an ACC schedule plus say Penn St and Alabama. Even throwing in the opponents winning % gets skewed because other Sun Belt teams play mostly other shitty Sun Belt teams and other ACC teams play mostly other ACC teams.

The only way this would work would be if the P5 split and only played other P5 teams...and if that happened, I can assure you, we would not need 8 teams in the playoff to figure out who was the best team.

This is an argument to expand the playoffs

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU whipped ur ass in Norman.
...and you guise lost to North Carolina at home. Push? Nah, tOSU is WWWWWAAAAAAAYYYYYY better than UNC.

The loss to Houston is what did us in. If the tOSU loss was the only loss, we would have been in ahead of Washington.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck the playoffs...

BCS was fine and any controversy was fun

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread

raw

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There really aren't enough data points unless we get a lot more meaningful interconference games among the P5 teams. Like all three or four open OOC slots taken up by scheduling other P5 teams.
Then the G5 teams will have 0 shot at getting in. They have very little now...unless they're willing to schedule a serious gauntlet of P5 schools to prove they're worthy...and none have so far

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and you guise lost to North Carolina at home. Push? Nah, tOSU is WWWWWAAAAAAAYYYYYY better than UNC.

The loss to Houston is what did us in. If the tOSU loss was the only loss, we would have been in ahead of Washington.
I agree with you and Romeo. Others fail to deal with reality and fact and search for excuses why their team failed to get in. I remember before the play off's began how people were satisfied with the committee's selection. Now all is wrong. 4,8,12 teams would not satisfy everyone.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever "formula" is used, as long as it is even partially based on a poll (coaches' or AP), it will be flawed.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not saying FSU should be in the playoffs. OU is not that good and the big 12 was the worst power 5 conference this year. Florida St has the talent of a top 5 school but we lost games.

OU would have gotten rolled just like OSU did.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big 12

:lol:

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you and Romeo. Others fail to deal with reality and fact and search for excuses why their team failed to get in. I remember before the play off's began how people were satisfied with the committee's selection. Now all is wrong. 4,8,12 teams would not satisfy everyone.
we could do 64 and there will still be gripes...

The committee does what they do and there isn't a damn thing any of us can do about it. A little more transparency and adherence to a STANDARD or SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED SET OF PARAMETERS would be nice though.

Remember all of the gas the Big XII got in year one when their best team lost to the conference's second best team (WHO WAS RANKED 5th AT THE TIME) by 3 points in Baylor's house because of a bogus PI call and made field goal with no time on the clock? By all accounts and purposes TCU should have went to the playoff that year, their only loss came on the road to a conference foe on the last play of the game...but the Big XII was spanked by the committee and public opinion for trying to loft a non-conference champion into the playoff.

What happened this year? Wow...a non-conference champion was in the playoff.... :L

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nobody wants that. There will always be controversy and something to argue over. The difference is the arguments are a lot less meaningful in 8 team playoff, compared to a 2 team. It is odd how people seem to forget that

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we could do 64 and there will still be gripes...

The committee does what they do and there isn't a damn thing any of us can do about it. A little more transparency and adherence to a STANDARD or SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED SET OF PARAMETERS would be nice though.

Remember all of the gas the Big XII got in year one when their best team lost to the conference's second best team by 3 points in their house because of a bogus PI call and made field goal with no time on the clock? By all accounts and purposes TCU should have went to the playoff that year, their only loss came on the road to a conference foe on the last play of the game...but the Big XII was spanked by the committee and public opinion for trying to loft a non-conference champion into the playoff.

What happened this year? Wow...a non-conference champion was in the playoff.... :L

This is exactly the point.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then the G5 teams will have 0 shot at getting in. They have very little now...unless they're willing to schedule a serious gauntlet of P5 schools to prove they're worthy...and none have so far
I'm an advocate of the G5 having their own playoff as I think the odds are so stacked against them ever getting in regardless of how good they are. I can't ever see a year when there aren't at least 4 blue bloods with resumes good enough to get in.

I also don't see many of the lower level P5s ever getting in unless it goes to 8. Those are P5 in name only IMHO.