• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is just sad

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder who the decision maker is to be held accountable for 51 pass attempts vs 9 runs.

That's not going to beat the better teams in the NFL.

nope but it worked today and a W is all that counts TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just more Fool's gold...even if they win and beat a 1-6 team, he is absolutely the worst decision making QB in the entire league.

Really you might just want to do some research WFRYE

of course your Hate wil not let u be objective but fine your so Biased its sad :omg:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even though we all know he isnt a Cowboys fan ......

Frye will botch any time the Cowboys win

Murray gets 4 carries? LMAO and it's Romo's fault

Frye you are without question the biggest troll to ever touch a forum.

And I have no clue why you are still allowed to post.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what point do we say "This team can't run the ball, so quit trying?" I know that we need to have a decoy back there, but talking about how we are unbalanced...so what? If we can throw but not run, why keep wasting downs trying?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win is a win is a win. If you can sneak home with a bad performance take it and smile.

Especially with this team and in this division, I agree with you. We just aren't good enough to assume or expect a win. I think each incremental injury has been debilatating for us. I worry that the Waters injury is going to be hte real back breaker. We know how bad the injuries have been on the defensive side, but if we can still score with the other teams we have a real shot. I expect Ryan to bring a lot of pressure up the middle next game.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what point do we say "This team can't run the ball, so quit trying?" I know that we need to have a decoy back there, but talking about how we are unbalanced...so what? If we can throw but not run, why keep wasting downs trying?

Few statements I could disagree with more than this one and so many reasons for it.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Listened on the radio last week Darren Woodson called us a finesse Team and I have to agree we are pass first run second because we don't have the OL to pull off running the ball effectively IMHO

Not that the players are soft but more so like the old Indy teams manning was on. No I am not comparing Romo to Manning but those teams and the current Cowboys are similar in their makeup the Colts had a better running game to balanced it out though

Waters going down is really going to hurt us Jerry has lots of work to do in the off season and in the draft on both sides of the line in the trenches

Not happy about it but it is what it is
JMHO

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few statements I could disagree with more than this one and so many reasons for it.

I know lots will. I'm all about balance as well, but when it isn't there it isn't there. Look at Detroit. They haven't had a solid RB in how long? So they just don't really try. Look at the Saints. They can't run the ball, so they don't really try. Sure they have a RB that gets carries, but they aren't out there saying "ok, we have thrown a dozen more times than run so we need to throw a few running plays in the mix to balance up the attack". They simply go with what is working and no worries about the run/pass balance.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a difference between maintaining a balance and giving up on the run. I never said it needs to be a 50/50 split. Also, don't use the Saints as they are a special case. We don't have their passing Offense or QB. Detroit is fair, but they are only over five hundred because we let them beat us and last year their record was not good...plus, they do have Calvin...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a difference between maintaining a balance and giving up on the run. I never said it needs to be a 50/50 split. Also, don't use the Saints as they are a special case. We don't have their passing Offense or QB. Detroit is fair, but they are only over five hundred because we let them beat us and last year their record was not good...plus, they do have Calvin...

I'm not saying it is a path to success, but I'm tired of seeing 2nd and 10 and 3rd and 8 because we have tried to run the ball the first two times in the interest of a "balanced attack". If we had a line or RB that could push the ball up field for 4 yards more often than not, then I'd be all for a RB. Discounting the one per game 15 yard run out of sheer determination or a blown lane coverage, Dallas can't be averaging more than 2 yards per carry. I'm not willing to give up 10 downs per game for little to no gain in order to hopefully get that one rushing first down.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
come on ford ... 4 carries for 30+ yards????? And we couldn't run?

Not couldn't We just didn't

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad Sham said on the radio this morning that "in his Opinion with Romo having more input into the offense he believes that Romo does not think we can run the ball therefore he will audible out to a pass play at the line"

Interesting thought from the Cowboys play by play Radio announcer

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until the Cowboys can find a running back that can stay on the field more than a quarter, they will continue to pass. Murray seems to be made of glass.

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
quote from Garrett

You’d certainly like to have more balance than that, obviously,” Garrett said. “We’ll keep striving for that. We did run the ball a little bit fairly well early on. DeMarco looked like he was going to have a good day, but as it wore on there were some minus runs that happened that got us behind the sticks a little bit.”

You mean the two other times that he touched the ball? :noidea:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
come on ford ... 4 carries for 30+ yards????? And we couldn't run?

Not couldn't We just didn't

Included in that is 1 carry for 27 yards. One blown lane assignment accounted for like 80% of our ground game.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Included in that is 1 carry for 27 yards. One blown lane assignment accounted for like 80% of our ground game.

Most games are just that .... you pound the ball and hope to break off a big run.

4 carries for 31 yards.... 7.8 avg

You dont give up on that Or teams aren't going to even give play action a second thought.

Even if you aren't running well... the fact that you CAN break off a long one will make defenses atleast play you honest

Last edited by a moderator:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most games are just that .... you pound the ball and hope to break off a big run.

4 carries for 31 yards.... 7.8 avg

You dont give up on that Or teams aren't going to even give play action a second thought.

And I'm fine pounding the ball when a large majority of the runs aren't for 2 yards or less.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even if you aren't running well... the fact that you CAN break off a long one will make defenses atleast play you honest

Ding ding ding...and what is it that Romo is as good at as any QB in the league??? Play action. He often holds the ball too long and gets happy feet. He needs the defense to NOT be able to pin their ears back and come after him and our OL as well...One or two "two minute drives" at the end of the game when we are going for it 4 times, OK. But as our regular offense it's just stupid to abandon the run altogether and is going to get Romo killed.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm fine pounding the ball when a large majority of the runs aren't for 2 yards or less.

what large majority?

4 carries isnt enough to have a majority of anything?

and we already know everything behind Murray sucks moose dong. So I don't count the other fucks that ARE ALL a waste of roster space

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what large majority?

4 carries isnt enough to have a majority of anything?

and we already know everything behind Murray sucks moose dong. So I don't count the other fucks that ARE ALL a waste of roster space

I will agree that 4 is too small of a number, but for the most part the entire running game sucks moose dong. If you can't run, you can't run. Why waste downs trying? Line 5 WR's up or keep a RB for blocking and let er rip. We have an accurate QB and receiving weapons that can get us down the field. We don't have a RB that can run the ball 25 times and get 100 yards a game.

My comments aren't based on this game, it is based on people who have said all year we need to balance our running game. No we don't. We need to stick with what works. Nolan taught me that :)