• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Forum Is Boring This Week !!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am expecting Kelly to go on IR to have a full year to heal up his ACT tear. He tore that pretty late in the college season last year.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nugz gonna get Kyrie Irving?

It would cost them my Kentucky boy Jamal Murray.

I'm conflicted about the Nugs getting Kyrie Irving, but his game really fits the need.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving is a franchise changer though. I love Murray, but it depends on what else it would cost Denver. I'd love to see Denver get to that next level since my Trail Blazers obviously are gonna stay being a 7th, 8th seed in the West, but if It's Murray and a ton else to go with it then I would pass.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving is only under contract for two years. I'd keep Murray who is developing nicely for the longer time the Nuggets have him under control.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understand but I mean if you trade for Irving I would think it would be with the assumption/probability that youre locking him up long term.

The Nuggets would be doing a piss poor job if they traded for him without any talk/thought that it would be for long term because they're going to have to pay a very heavy price for him. It would be a HUGE get but at the same time you have to figure if you're doing that type of trade you have to lock him up long term. You aren't going to sell the farm for a guy who will only be there for two years. The price isn't going to come for peas and carrots, you better lock him up for a long time because you're going to be giving up a crap load to get a guy like Irving.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the Nuggets - have Murray - some salary dump players and draft picks as a package.

Any opinions on whether Irving is a locker room cancer? He can play D, but doesn't seem to bother with it - unless it is the playoffs.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say with Irving. He is a Duke guy and usually those guys are well coached, prepared for the NBA, and usually not an issue, but the fact that Irving didn't really talk to teammates later in the year is a bit concerning during a championship run. Great player, but seems he wants spotlight too and stats. Part of me gets it, part of me doesn't. Cavs want a good young player a good vet and draft picks. I don't think they will be getting Irving for "Salary cap dumps", the price is going to be heavy. He is an elite player and those are VERY costly in the NBA. If they don't get more players then just Murray you may be looking at first round picks for a decade if it is salary cap dumps. ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say with Irving. He is a Duke guy and usually those guys are well coached, prepared for the NBA, and usually not an issue, but the fact that Irving didn't really talk to teammates later in the year is a bit concerning during a championship run. Great player, but seems he wants spotlight too and stats. Part of me gets it, part of me doesn't. Cavs want a good young player a good vet and draft picks. I don't think they will be getting Irving for "Salary cap dumps", the price is going to be heavy. He is an elite player and those are VERY costly in the NBA. If they don't get more players then just Murray you may be looking at first round picks for a decade if it is salary cap dumps. ;)

Thanks for the response. What I saw in print once was - Murray, Gary Harris - Wilson Chandler - maybe Hernangomez - and picks.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing the Cavs having going against them is that no team at this point like the Timberwolves appear willing to give a young star like Andrew Wiggins nor the the Suns appear willing to give them Josh Jackson. The best suiter might just be the Nuggets.

Suns for Bledsoe and Jackson made the most sense to me, but Phoenix isn't willing to part with Jackson it appears.

I think teams might low offer the Cavs for awhile because of that. Irving demanding to get out is going to hurt his value a bit, that is where the Nugz may have some leverage not giving up a proven young star or multiple good players. I think in the end it is going to cost a lot, but may come just a tad bit cheaper because of the demand.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad you noticed - I change my avatars - as often as LGM changes his underwear.

What is this... underwear?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay the truth comes out on LGM ..panty's

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00