• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thinking about getting a Tacoma...

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You live in That State Up North which has a proud history of automobile manufacturing. Ford built Detroit. Buy the cot damn F-O-R-D f-150 and put an American flag sticker in the back window and be done with it.

this ^^^^

I will only drive a ford f-150

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if you are buying a work truck, get a ford.
Nothing else comes close.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily a work truck, but it will work. Why do you say Ford over everything else?

if you are going to tow equipment or haul lots of weight, the ford is what you want. It stands up better to heavy loads and pulls better, hands down.

just been my experience, and just about anyone I have ever talked to that have had different brands, they always come back to ford.

If you want a better ride, go with Chevy. Fords just seem to ride rougher.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you are going to tow equipment or haul lots of weight, the ford is what you want. It stands up better to heavy loads and pulls better, hands down.

just been my experience, and just about anyone I have ever talked to that have had different brands, they always come back to ford.

If you want a better ride, go with Chevy. Fords just seem to ride rougher.

It's not going to haul too much weight, mostly small boats and trailers, and wood.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear that the new fords ride better than my 2006.
I have a buddy that has a new Silverado and the ride is far better than mine, that's for sure.

If that's all you are going to use your truck for, it doesn't really matter what you get, they'll all handle that no problem.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a buddy that has a new Silverado and the ride is far better than mine, that's for sure.

If that's all you are going to use your truck for, it doesn't really matter what you get, they'll all handle that no problem.

If I was going to haul heavy stuff, I would probably spring for an F-250 or 2500HD, but the mileage is too bad to use as a daily driver.

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the hemis shits on other v8s and get similar gas mileage to the eco boost fords

the cummings shits on other diesels

the choice should be simple

toyota

Smirishth

Smirishth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I own an 07 f150 lariat 5.7 l v8 and it has 172k miles still rides like a Cadillac
:10:

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just rented a new F150 for a couple weeks while the Waggy was getting painted. So stiff and so hushed...really pretty awesome. My buddy Chico, who owns that Hertz shop, also has the Tundra and T&C minivans and even can get an occassional Ferrari. If you have a local rental shop, instead of out at the airport, it makes testing stuff quite easy.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just rented a new F150 for a couple weeks while the Waggy was getting painted. So stiff and so hushed...really pretty awesome. My buddy Chico, who owns that Hertz shop, also has the Tundra and T&C minivans and even can get an occassional Ferrari. If you have a local rental shop, instead of out at the airport, it makes testing stuff quite easy.

Can't I just test drive for free at the dealership? :noidea:

Plus then I can take the salesman on my patented "Eddie Shack money saver loan reducer ride", where I drive really slow with all the windows down through the hood, blaring NWA as loud as I can and dangling a wad of cash out the window.

birdsonthebat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hard to go wrong with either Silverado or F150. Tundra wouldn't be a bad choice. Personally I would go with Ford if prices similar.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have driven both F-150s, F-250s, and Silverados as work trucks before, I pretty much never see a farmer or contractor with a fleet of Rams unless they are diesel. I think that says a lot. In the end it will come down to what kind of deal I can get, and in my neck of the woods there are always WAAAY more Chevy trucks for sale than Ford.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work for General Motors, so I'm bias, I wouldn't buy a truck built by a car company.