• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

think this bama fan is mad?

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tipped employee minimum wage (at least in alabama) is $2.13 per hour. that's the rate most servers get before tips. when i worked in the industry in high school into college i would frequently get paychecks that were 0.00 because the 2.13 per hour that i was to be paid was less than the tax i owed on my declared tips.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a douche bag...

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, if the tips for a waiter equals out to less than minimum wage, then they are paid minimum wage. There is nobody out there making $1.25 an hour. The reason servers make so little base pay is because their tips usually put them well over minimum wage. Like wayy over.

I am a good tipper in general. I grew up in the business. My mom was a waitress when I was younger, became a general manager and now she still bartends and waits tables because despite the pay being lower, she makes great tips. I'm someone who gets on to people for not tipping.

And while that person should have tipped, the waiter is a dumbass for mentioning the Auburn thing to start with. That's not what you do if you want good tips. It has nothing to do with Alabama directly, it's just part of being a good server.

if someone cant take a joke about sports they are probably a very douchy person.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems fake since the bill isn't itemized. Also, lol at the prepaid regions card! He didn't leave a tip cause his ass is broke!

typically at a restaurant you get an itemized receipt, but the one you leave the server with the total and tip on it is not itemized. at least at most restaurants i go to...

could it be fake? sure. but i'd actually be shocked if this didn't happen quite a bit after that game. the bitterness just hours after was really, really, really high. really, the bitterness will last for decades.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that look like female hand writing on that receipt? I think this waitress got stiffed by a bitch not a dude. Look at the exclamation points if its a guy writing he's gay.

Here she is.
Alabama%20fan.jpg

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sad a fan takes thier frustration out on a person knocking down $1.25 per hour. Feel entitled much. Loser. No wonder Auburn was able to run back a missed field goal.

Next time man the fuck up and tip the winner 34% instead of running out the door like a bitch.

Hope the food gave him the shits.

Poor losers.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I travel all over the west for work, 1 thing I have learned is never wear BSU gear when going out to eat. I just don't trust servers in Oregon, Washington, Utah and especially in Moscow Idaho. I always leave a tip, the amount is determined by how good the service was.

xpuctaqpGT

Modern Major General
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, if the tips for a waiter equals out to less than minimum wage, then they are paid minimum wage. There is nobody out there making $1.25 an hour. .

Yes, by federal law, the server can go to management if their hourly wages fall under normal minimum wages due to lack of tips. And management is required by federal law to make up the difference.

HOWEVER, In most of the "At will employment" states, the moment you do that is the moment you will be fired.

So if you are a server you are faced with the dillema of suffering through below minimum wage for one day/shift, or getting fired.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, by federal law, the server can go to management if their hourly wages fall under normal minimum wages due to lack of tips. And management is required by federal law to make up the difference.

HOWEVER, In most of the "At will employment" states, the moment you do that is the moment you will be fired.

So if you are a server you are faced with the dillema of suffering through below minimum wage for one day/shift, or getting fired.

I thought you were only entitled to the minimum wage over the course of a pay period (typically 2 weeks) not every shift. I could be wrong though.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If a waiter/waitress is unable to get enough in tips to make above minimum wage and the restaurant wants to fire them over it, then they probably deserve to be fired. The only exception to that rule would be one where the food prices were extremely low, in which case the restaurant would probably be understanding of them not being able to make the minimum wage. In such a case, that server should probably look for a better job anyway if they are actually deserving of better tips.

And I believe it's not over 1 shift, but over the pay period, but I'm not totally sure on that. I've never known a server who actually had to get comped for making below minimum wage, because they all make way more.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has always fascinated me that the feds routinely go after waiters and waitresses over tip income, but somehow allow corporate types making 6 figure salaries the benefit of the doubt.

But of course, in Alabama, having a used 4x4 and a mobile home with tie downs and skirting is considered living the good life.

Just kidding!:suds:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has always fascinated me that the feds routinely go after waiters and waitresses over tip income, but somehow allow corporate types making 6 figure salaries the benefit of the doubt.

But of course, in Alabama, having a used 4x4 and a mobile home with tie downs and skirting is considered living the good life.

Just kidding!:suds:

Quality of life cannot be measured in dollars and cents

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tipped employee minimum wage (at least in alabama) is $2.13 per hour. that's the rate most servers get before tips. when i worked in the industry in high school into college i would frequently get paychecks that were 0.00 because the 2.13 per hour that i was to be paid was less than the tax i owed on my declared tips.

That's most of my buddies' "pay checks."