• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Things We're Cooking

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm new to the smoking.

I'm making these bitches tomorrow on my fucking gas grill and I don't give a fuck what all you phegget purists say about it.

Using hickory chips en sech.

They are fucking smoked right? I skimmed that shit accurately, no?

Don't make me click the link again:happy:
Oh. I just used indirect heat on a charcoal grill and added some pecan chips, I believe. it might have been apple. Doesn't matter, they are fucking awesome!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So.. for tomorrow....and lol at loserville, but this is just for the wife and I...nobody's coming over...lol

@Edisto_Tiger 's onion rings
homemade mozarella sticks for the wife and kid
and chicken satay skewers

:L but for realz, fuck other people besides my immediate family.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is skewering em' a necessity?
No. The first few times that I did them, I did NOT skewer them, but I have done it the last two or three times and it seems to help keep them together when turning them or moving them. But it's NOT necessary at all.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. The first few times that I did them, I did NOT skewer them, but I have done it the last two or three times and it seems to help keep them together when turning them or moving them. But it's NOT necessary at all.

I gotta fuck with em'? lol Was hoping I could just toss those bitches in and walk away. lol maybe add some more chips bout halfway thru is all?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, That's me and my cousin (Tailgatin' partner).

I figured it was you. I was just making a joke because I've seen people say they figured you were an old guy based on your avatar.

comedic rule #1: if you have to explain the joke, it wasn't funny.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to tell me how to do this.

It's so simple.

It's a rub/paste. For two racks, here's the measurements:

2 Tbs - extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbs - minced garlic
1 Tbs - chili powder
2 Tsp - kosher salt
1 tsp - fresh ground pepper

Rub the paste on the racks and let them sit out 30min to an hour.

When I'm grilling meats, I typically sear them on the grates, then move them up to the rack with a strip of aluminum foil underneath until done. The foil keeps them from getting too charred.

That's what I do with these racks. 2-3 minutes per side on the grates until seared/charred to your liking, then up on the rack with foil underneath until done. I use a meat thermometer, and you want to pull these out of the grill at about 127 degrees and let them rest under loosely tented foil (if it's too tight, it will steam and the crust will be mushy) for medium rare - it will come up another 5 or more degrees as it rests. If you want a different temperature, I use food network's guide.

I will warn you that you want to be careful with the bones because they can burn up fairly easily. If you're concerned about it, you could always wrap them in foil - I imagine that would work.

If you want the presentation, I lightly grilled some rosemary sprigs and laid them across the racks.

People love those and they're easy as hell.

I've got some awesome recipes for rack of lamb and lamb rib chops that are really popular when I make them - I'll share more as we get further into this.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta fuck with em'? lol Was hoping I could just toss those bitches in and walk away. lol maybe add some more chips bout halfway thru is all?
You don't have to. I do it if I see part of the grill cooking a little faster than the other, just to keep things nice and even. I probably do more than you're suppose to, but when I'm "manning" the grill, I have to fuck with shit.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to. I do it if I see part of the grill cooking a little faster than the other, just to keep things nice and even. I probably do more than you're suppose to, but when I'm "manning" the grill, I have to fuck with shit.

There's the old adage - if you're lookin' you ain't cookin'

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are those your sons?
part deux:

sanford-and-son-group-laugh-o.gif

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
direct or indirect heat?

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the time, I'm cooking on a weber kettle grill, so I'll rotate anything on the outer edge of the center back to the center and move things from the center to the outer edge of center. My grill has two baskets for charcoal that sit out to the outer edges of the grill. I'm thinking about just using one basket next time and slide some foil in the grill between the basket and the meat and see what happens.