• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: There's no place like home: Rangers host A's 7/25-7/27

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brett Nicholas had 3 hits today to raise his average to .302.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think he would come at a reasonable cost.

At his salary I might agree. Also, that 10 million dollar option doesn't look bad either.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys see where a Dallas Cowboys bus with 4 Cowboys employees on board was involved in a fatality accident today in Arizona? None of the Cowboys employees were hurt.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys see where a Dallas Cowboys bus with 4 Cowboys employees on board was involved in a fatality accident today in Arizona? None of the Cowboys employees were hurt.

Haven't seen that anywhere

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brett Nicholas had 3 hits today to raise his average to .302.

Thinking Brett might be a trade piece the other day. Saw where the Mets offered D'Arnaud to the Brewers straight up for Lucroy and the Brewers said NO!

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking Brett might be a trade piece the other day. Saw where the Mets offered D'Arnaud to the Brewers straight up for Lucroy and the Brewers said NO!
I wonder between guys like Ortiz, Tate, Mendez, Guzman, Cordell, and Sadzeck how many of those we will lose over the next few days?

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what they're asking for Lucroy, they can keep him.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Nathan fans side in first MLB appearance since second Tommy John
Granted, it wasn't the prettiest frame for the 41-year-old

When Joe Nathan underwent his second Tommy John surgery, back in April 2015, you would've been justified in thinking his big-league career was over. Nathan was 41 years old and coming off a miserable season. Even if he got through the soul-testing rehabilitation process, he'd have to find a contract and then pitch well enough to earn a roster spot. Unlikely, right?

Maybe so, but unlikely things happen every day, especially in baseball. So, naturally, Nathan found his way back onto a big-league roster over the weekend, and made his first appearance since the operation on Sunday. Things got odd along the way, because that's baseball for you.

Nathan allowed a triple, a walk, and a stolen base to begin his outing -- a sequence that seemed to suggest he was in for a long afternoon. That's when those darn unlikely started happening again. First Nathan fanned Ryan Braun. Then Jonathan Lucroy. Then Chris Carter. Just like that, Nathan escaped a bad situation against the Brewers' heart of the order without so much as a run allowed.

To make things better for Nathan? He was awarded the win, his first since September 23, 2014.

Presumably Nathan will be working with a short leash and he probably won't finish the season in the majors. Still, at this rate, it seems like the unlikely is the likely when it comes to Nathan's career.

Joe topped out at 94, hardest he's thrown since Sept 2014

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid Torres who is supposedly the best prospect in the Cubs offer to the Yankees for Chapman is ranked by Baseball America 11 spots below Brinson.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everyone has had such high expectations of Gallo which is pretty difficult to meet nut what we have in him now to me seems pretty usable regardless of his growth. A low batt I g avg guy with heavy pop can definitely contribute. I doubt he becomes a bust. Also there seems to be player chemistry with this young bunch. I would like to see it to continue. The ChiSox can take a hike IMO. I also think Ortiz will be good.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Nathan fans side in first MLB appearance since second Tommy John
Granted, it wasn't the prettiest frame for the 41-year-old

When Joe Nathan underwent his second Tommy John surgery, back in April 2015, you would've been justified in thinking his big-league career was over. Nathan was 41 years old and coming off a miserable season. Even if he got through the soul-testing rehabilitation process, he'd have to find a contract and then pitch well enough to earn a roster spot. Unlikely, right?

Maybe so, but unlikely things happen every day, especially in baseball. So, naturally, Nathan found his way back onto a big-league roster over the weekend, and made his first appearance since the operation on Sunday. Things got odd along the way, because that's baseball for you.

Nathan allowed a triple, a walk, and a stolen base to begin his outing -- a sequence that seemed to suggest he was in for a long afternoon. That's when those darn unlikely started happening again. First Nathan fanned Ryan Braun. Then Jonathan Lucroy. Then Chris Carter. Just like that, Nathan escaped a bad situation against the Brewers' heart of the order without so much as a run allowed.

To make things better for Nathan? He was awarded the win, his first since September 23, 2014.

Presumably Nathan will be working with a short leash and he probably won't finish the season in the majors. Still, at this rate, it seems like the unlikely is the likely when it comes to Nathan's career.

Joe topped out at 94, hardest he's thrown since Sept 2014
I was really surprised JD didn't land Nathan a few months back. He likes to take low cost chances on guys like that.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what they're asking for Lucroy, they can keep him.

A 30 year old catcher with 13 HR's doesn't make me too interested in sending any big haul for him

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder between guys like Ortiz, Tate, Mendez, Guzman, Cordell, and Sadzeck how many of those we will lose over the next few days?

Profar keeps saying he wants to play SS everyday next year and unless EA is moved, that isn't likely IMO. I wonder if he isn't the one moved now? It will be interesting to see how many of the guys you mentioned we retain as well. I would like to retain as many pitching prospects as possible due to the lack of much depth in our system

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really surprised JD didn't land Nathan a few months back. He likes to take low cost chances on guys like that.

yeah wouldn't have surprised me at all