• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: The XFL thread

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the problem for them is mid level quarterbacks get paid by the league and continually get another opportunity. Someone like Paxton Lynch would probably be solid here but he already has 15 million reasons not to risk his body for a $60K/year gig. Plus he'll probably spend another 5 years bouncing around as a backup and make more money doing so than either of us will see in our lifetime. For 80% of the players in this league they've made 25% of that if they are lucky and know that this is an audition that could set them up.

Maybe we find some better quarterback play over time here. Cornelius was fine tonight. He isn't a NFL caliber quarterback but in college was more than just a game manager. The Houston QB is undersized for the NFL but looks ok here. Over time the NFL is going to look at this as a developmental league so you may start to see more quarterbacks who need experience before they are ready to play filtering down.
I guess i just see the d perfroming, and other positions, something has to be out there better than murray and jones late round picks from years ago....

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still enjoying myself.

But about this QB talk. There are only two QB's that have been impressive IMO. PJ Walker from Houston and Jordan Ta'amu from St. Louis. That's pretty much it.

Wait... I'm gonna be bias and say BJ Daniels too because he was a baller in college at USF.

So that's three. I guess you can say three is better than zero; glass half full.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still enjoying myself.

But about this QB talk. There are only two QB's that have been impressive IMO. PJ Walker from Houston and Jordan Ta'amu from St. Louis. That's pretty much it.

Wait... I'm gonna be bias and say BJ Daniels too because he was a baller in college at USF.

So that's three. I guess you can say three is better than zero; glass half full.
i wanna take a peak at stats after this game. Because evne the better guys havent performed great .....ta'amu has been nice

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wanna take a peak at stats after this game. Because evne the better guys havent performed great .....ta'amu has been nice

How many teams are in this league? Eight? Actually the QB ratio is better than the NFL as crazy as that sounds.

Mahomes
Jackson
Goff
Brees
Rodgers
Brady
Garoppolo
Wilson

And tbf, Brady and Rodgers are falling off and Lamar is gimmicky. So only 5 to 8 good QB's out of 32 teams. It's more dire when you look at the depth charts.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many teams are in this league? Eight? Actually the QB ratio is better than the NFL as crazy as that sounds.

Mahomes
Jackson
Goff
Brees
Rodgers
Brady
Garoppolo
Wilson

And tbf, Brady and Rodgers are falling off and Lamar is gimmicky. So only 5 to 8 good QB's out of 32 teams. It's more dire when you look at the depth charts.
but the "top" qb's arent really good......they are serviceable at best...............past those 8 you have another 8-15 serviceable. then hit or miss guys too

the rest of the XFL just sucks

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but the "top" qb's arent really good......they are serviceable at best...............past those 8 you have another 8-15 serviceable. then hit or miss guys too

the rest of the XFL just sucks

Oh I'm not really disagreeing.

I think the consensus is Ta'amu is better than Mitchell Trusbisky if you're looking to measure towards a average guy lol. But Trusbisky ( IMO ) is worse than the middle line. He's shit.

Maybe Ta'amu is better than Andy Dalton, Matthew Stafford, or Matt Ryan?

Eh... Depends on the temperature.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the consensus is Ta'amu is better than Mitchell Trusbisky if you're looking to measure towards a average guy lol. But Trusbisky ( IMO ) is worse than the middle line. He's shit.

c the temperature.[/QUOT

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late game turned out pretty decent, with Vipers getting their first win. QB change seemed to be what they needed, why did they wait till the 4th game to make the change?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Landry Jones still sucks @SteelersPride @FaCe-LeE-uS. I know that will surprise you
tenor.gif

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eh... Depends on the temperature.
ta'amu's arm impresses me. some throws he made to the sidelines were bullets.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the qbs are as bad as they look sometimes. I know there are a lot of plays where they'll miss a receiver by a lot but I think some of that is due to the fact that they don't have the chemistry with the receivers yet. In the NFL the receiver roles are pretty well defined after 4 games but in the XFL these teams are still trying to figure out what they've got. Most are using at least 5 or 6 receivers and in some cases the guys that they anticipated being the top receiver was injured for the first game or 2. So there are a lot of miscommunications in the route running.

In the NFL the established QBs often have a go-to guy that they have built a relationship with over many games and sometimes many seasons. Like Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams, Watson and Hopkins, Brady and Edelman, Dalton and AJ Green. I think the XFL QB play will get better over time.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then that is just bad coaching.
welllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

keep in mind their #1 signee was landry jones, id say oliver luck had a rough time finding talent, and assigned those "headliners" to teams.....gotta try those guys first regardless of how it pans out. Id argue he was "forced".

Now we may be seeing the "coaching"......because hes switched QB's and allowed to do what he wants now......

alternative thought........and one i actually believe.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
welllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

keep in mind their #1 signee was landry jones, id say oliver luck had a rough time finding talent, and assigned those "headliners" to teams.....gotta try those guys first regardless of how it pans out. Id argue he was "forced".

Now we may be seeing the "coaching"......because hes switched QB's and allowed to do what he wants now......

alternative thought........and one i actually believe.

I get all that, I'm talking about it taking him until game 4. It was obvious 1.5 games in.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean seriously the XFL assigned "faces of the franchise"

Landry Jones, Matt Mcgloin, Josh Johnson, Aaron Murray, Brandon Silvers.

These were the "highlighted guys"

this was the BEST they can get?

Im not saying these guys WANT the XFL but more interesting names

Johnny Football
Geno Smith
David Fales
Osweiler
Boykin

some may have been on practice squads, but thats just a few.....plus some college guys