• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"The Williams Brothers"

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Head of the Russian Tennis Association , Shamil Tarpischev, has been suspended for 1 year for calling Serena and her older sister, Venus" brothers."

"He made his comments during an appearance on a Russian talk show this month alongside former Olympic singles champion Elena Dementieva. When Dementieva was asked what it was like playing against the Williams sisters, Tarpischev interjected and called them the "Williams brothers." He also said that "it's scary when you really look at them." Read more from Serena Williams responds to Russian Tennis Federation official's comments, supports suspension - ESPN

According to Serena ""I think the WTA did a great job of taking [the] initiative and taking immediate action to his comments," Williams said Sunday in Singapore ahead of her WTA Finals defense. "I thought they were very insensitive and extremely sexist as well as racist at the same time. I thought they were in a way bullying."

"Russia's Maria Sharapova, also in Singapore for the WTA Finals, condemned her compatriot's comments.
"I think they were very disrespectful and uncalled for, and I'm glad that many people have stood up, including the WTA. It was very inappropriate, especially in his position and all the responsibilities that he has not just in sport, but being part of the Olympic committee," she said.

Read more from Serena Williams responds to Russian Tennis Federation official's comments, supports suspension - ESPN

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
human slime.

itsmall minds on here that have made the same kind of comments, and all intelligent people just roll their eyes. time and education are the silver bullet.