• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John McEnroe Won’t Apologize for His Serena Williams Ranking

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall I agree with this. I think she could beat someone, at some time. But not regularly. And even if she did beat one person, if she played him 5 times, she'd probably lose 4 of those matches.

I do think there's a chance she or Venus could beat someone in the top 100 though, but just based on matchups.

For example, I'm thinking of Giles Simon. Doesn't serve fast or big, and doesn't create a lot of winners.

His game is more on his stamina.

I think Venus or Serena would match up with someone like him better.

Marcos Baghdatis (makes a lot of errors) or Dudi Sela might be my other picks.

I'd probably pick the Australia Open surface for Serena, and Wimbledon for Venus. Unless she was going against Baghdatis, then I'd pick hard courts. The USO is his worst surface, so I'd pick that.

If Dudi Sela can beat John Isner, then I might have to re-think whether Serena or Venus could beat him hypothetically even 1 out of 5 times.

The only difference is that I might pick a different surface for Serena. I might pick the AO instead. But maybe that would help Sela even more.

I'll also have to rethink Giles Simon. I thought Simon and Sela had less powerful games and thus could potentially be better matchups. But now I'm even less sure.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McEnroe probably made a mistake. he didn't mean 700...............................he meant 2700.