• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The "Whatever Happened to..." thread

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What were the rankings over on CBS? I joined there in 06 or 07 and got up to superstar or something like that and the mods took it away from me after using foul language. Took a long time to get it back lol

Nothing like waking up and going over to CBS like I have been doing every morning for several years and be like "WTF happened to the message boards?" I haven't really been back since

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What were the rankings over on CBS? I joined there in 06 or 07 and got up to superstar or something like that and the mods took it away from me after using foul language. Took a long time to get it back lol

Nothing like waking up and going over to CBS like I have been doing every morning for several years and be like "WTF happened to the message boards?" I haven't really been back since
I seem to remember them changing the ranking system every so often too. Which was weird. And you could actually lose your status if you didn't post enough, and lose privileges, like access to basic features, if I remember right.

Same though, I hadn't posted in a couple months, when I went to log in I couldn't find the message board. A quick Google search found a forum discussing it, someone mentioned a lot of posters moved here, the rest is history.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you weren't part of a particular user's little clique of retardos, your shit prolly got reported by their main account and every other alt account they had. I know for a fact that at least two users there had 10 or more alt usernames in play at any given time. If they didn't like you or what you had to say, they would report your post with all of their alt accounts. If that happened enough times, hello automated IP ban.

Motherfuckers would have made this place unsufferable....thank god they didn't stick around.

lol I had about 10 accounts. GoBucks62,MeLoveBucksForLongTime, DrunkGaryMoller,Jesbow(he could walk on water too bad it was swamp water) and that's all I can think of...

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I seem to remember them changing the ranking system every so often too. Which was weird. And you could actually lose your status if you didn't post enough, and lose privileges, like access to basic features, if I remember right.

Same though, I hadn't posted in a couple months, when I went to log in I couldn't find the message board. A quick Google search found a forum discussing it, someone mentioned a lot of posters moved here, the rest is history.

Bwah...I remember when they introduced the ratings. People went all batsheet over their status. You could bust people from Superstar down to Pro by reporting a post, so nobody ever stayed a Superstar for very long.

I actually managed to make it to "Top 100" for a brief period, then got shelled with reports.

Remember when they started the "Glogs?" And you could only Glog if you were at a certain rating level, so if people found out you wanted to do game logs, well..."reported!"

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SPINKILLER!!

That Sooner would have set the Blue Turf on fire if he could. Nobody hated Boise State more than that dude.
It was such a strange thing. He was a very knowledgeable and obvious OU fan.

I don't think he ever said a damn thing about Texas...... it was always BSU. postings at 4:30am...it did not matter. It was his fulltime job. thousands of pages of Boise hatred.

I don't think I have even seen one person so obsessed with a team in the 11 years of posting on boards.

believe me, darkboys, an alleged Bama fan and self professed super duper GI Joe, was as obsessed with OU as Spin was with Boise. At least Spin did occasionally throw out a post that had nothing to do with BSU. DB seemed to be pretty clueless when it came to Bama football. Oh ya, he was also a Cowboys fan, (steerike 2!)but didn't seem to know much about them, either.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn sounds like CBS changed quite a bit from when I was there. That was probably 12 years ago and I left after about 2 years for ESPN. And my god was Disney a shit show in it's last days. Can't say it wasn't entertaining though.

Archangel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly after going round and round through message boards, I came to the conclusion that SH was the elitist, the NYT, the pinnacle of sports message boards, at least for CFB...who betta?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn sounds like CBS changed quite a bit from when I was there. That was probably 12 years ago and I left after about 2 years for ESPN. And my god was Disney a shit show in it's last days. Can't say it wasn't entertaining though.

It did. I started on their boards sometime around 2001/02, the graphics were pretty low-end...no avatars, couldn't post images unless they were owned by CBS, and I'm not sure if you could even post hyperlinks back then. You got banned for excessive profanity, but they actually blocked out your swear words in the first place.

Getting banned was no big deal, you just created another user name and were back on pretty quickly. I remember guys that just kept adding another number to their screen name, and were up to "jimbo56" or "Huskies88" and the like. Eventually they learned to ban the IP address.

Did you use the same screen name there?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It did. I started on their boards sometime around 2001/02, the graphics were pretty low-end...no avatars, couldn't post images unless they were owned by CBS, and I'm not sure if you could even post hyperlinks back then. You got banned for excessive profanity, but they actually blocked out your swear words in the first place.

Getting banned was no big deal, you just created another user name and were back on pretty quickly. I remember guys that just kept adding another number to their screen name, and were up to "jimbo56" or "Huskies88" and the like. Eventually they learned to ban the IP address.

Did you use the same screen name there?

That's pretty much what I remember. I definitely did not use the same screen name over there, picked this one up just because I was getting banned weekly on ESPN for basically no reason. Went through about 100 different variants of "ThatsWhatSheSaid" before I just started throwing out any random name of some character or famous person. This one just didn't get banned for some reason so I held onto it.

I think my name on CBS was "Squeag" or something like that. I was little douchebag on that site though, basically just trolled and acted like an asshat.

Admittedly that's not much different than what I do here.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my name on CBS was "Squeag" or something like that. I was little douchebag on that site though, basically just trolled and acted like an asshat.

Admittedly that's not much different than what I do here.

I hear ya...my Huwaryu account was my smarmy, pissant, sarcastic account. I had one other alt, which I used for my serious discussions.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spinkiller from CBS who was, by all indications, an OU fan who had suffered serious emotional trauma over the Statue of Liberty play because that mother fucker was obsessed with Boise State.

Every single thread he started was about why Boise State shouldn't get to go to a BCS Bowl and shouldn't get to play a team like OU and just about anything else that he could think of to try and discredit anything Boise State would do.

Texas thread? Big 12 thread? No posts from Spinkiller.

Boise State thread? Spinkiller didn't just post in it. He was the OP!
3+ years later I still have the headache that fucker gave me in his last posts there. :L

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
believe me, darkboys, an alleged Bama fan and self professed super duper GI Joe, was as obsessed with OU as Spin was with Boise. At least Spin did occasionally throw out a post that had nothing to do with BSU. DB seemed to be pretty clueless when it came to Bama football. Oh ya, he was also a Cowboys fan, (steerike 2!)but didn't seem to know much about them, either.

I remember DarkBoys! I think he and Spinkiller went at it a few times.