• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE Way Too Long League line up thread Playoff Edition

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So by reading some of yer comments here I think I still haven't explained the playoff game rules two gud. Here they are:

1610042503243.png

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam what about the PK

i do like Myers over Hopkins this week but... for the 2 week combo the odds of you playing Hopkins next week or pretty small

so lets say Myers bests Hopkins by 4 this week 10-6

now next week hits and you do not have a kicker so you score a 2 week total of 10

but if ya go with the reverse and Hopkins gets ya the 6 this week you may score a whole lot more than 10 total if ya play Myers in week 2

now the worst case is ya short yourself in my scenario is 4 points if Myers loses as well

and really who says Myers outscores Hopkins this week.... ok ok he prob does

but i surely like my chances of having a kicker for 2 weeks with Myers getting through rather than banking on Hokins getting through
Week 2 will only count fer teams that have Chiefs or Packers.............Imma post the line ups fer the 2,3,5 matchup and that might make it clearer.........lol.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this will help:

Week 1 Mart's Moose
QB Trubs
RB Carson
WR MBrown
WR CDavis
WR DK
TE Knox
K Sloman
D Buff

Week 2 Mart's Moose
RB AJones

That is 9 starters over the 2 weeks. I have to start all my guise this week or chance them not playing next week.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my best bet to get points from a D this week is Indy..........but I almost surely will lose the 6 point bonus. Damn. I need Indy to score a shit ton of points on Buff.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So by reading some of yer comments here I think I still haven't explained the playoff game rules two gud. Here they are:

View attachment 261642

yea, I don't think I get the playoff rules still... this will help me if you answer these questions

1. can you use a different roster week 19 than you do week 18??
2. if you do have 2 games at any position can you choose after week 18 whether you want to use that players stats or not... example- if you pick Russell Wilson this week, and they win can you opt out of his points this week and use his potential points the next week??

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, I don't think I get the playoff rules still... this will help me if you answer these questions

1. can you use a different roster week 19 than you do week 18??
2. if you do have 2 games at any position can you choose after week 18 whether you want to use that players stats or not... example- if you pick Russell Wilson this week, and they win can you opt out of his points this week and use his potential points the next week??
1. You HAVE to use a different roster in week 19 than you did in week 18. I will be starting nobody in week 19 as they are all playing this week. Now, I could take a chance and not start a QB this week in hopes fer a better match up next week, but if the Colts, Hawks and Saints all lose, I would be SOL at the QB position. Again, the only players that will be started in week 19 are Chiefs and Packers as they don't play week 18.
2. Nope. The only way to play Russ in week 19 is to sit all 3 QB's and hope one gets into the next round.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. You HAVE to use a different roster in week 19 than you did in week 18. I will be starting nobody in week 19 as they are all playing this week. Now, I could take a chance and not start a QB this week in hopes fer a better match up next week, but if the Colts, Hawks and Saints all lose, I would be SOL at the QB position. Again, the only players that will be started in week 19 are Chiefs and Packers as they don't play week 18.
2. Nope. The only way to play Russ in week 19 is to sit all 3 QB's and hope one gets into the next round.

so the league expects you to take out your players and start an empty roster??? that's funny...

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so the league expects you to take out your players and start an empty roster??? that's funny...
Yeah, but if you think about it it does make sense. We are using 2 weeks to make 1 roster. Can't start any Chiefs or Packers this week right? If this were a normal season Chiefs, Bills, Packers and Saints would be unplayable this week.

EDIT: Trust me, it took me 2 seasons to catch on...............lol.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Sammy you play complicated league - - almost too many rules for my feeble mind to grasp. .....

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 2 will only count fer teams that have Chiefs or Packers.............Imma post the line ups fer the 2,3,5 matchup and that might make it clearer.........lol.
no Sam i do get it (or i think i do) if Seatlle gets through they play next week so you can use Myers next week if you dont use him this week right

ok you cant play 1 kicker this week and 1 next week i get it now... sorry

well i still go Rivers but ya i go Myers

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Sammy you play complicated league - - almost too many rules for my feeble mind to grasp. .....
Yeah, this league has been around since the early 80's.........lol. Weird shit fer sure, but we have made a few changes in the 5 seasons I've been in it. Went to decimals, added a flex, can't put anybody with a Q on IR....................

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this league has been around since the early 80's.........lol. Weird shit fer sure, but we have made a few changes in the 5 seasons I've been in it. Went to decimals, added a flex, can't put anybody with a Q on IR....................
What I don’t get is that if there is only one keeper then how do you guys make trades such that all these fantasy playoff teams have so many players from playoff teams.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don’t get is that if there is only one keeper then how do you guys make trades such that all these fantasy playoff teams have so many players from playoff teams.
Dude, they don't trade fer shit in this league. So you have to take that into consideration when drafting! Crazy right? I took THIll with my 17th pick (out of 19 rounds) just fer the playoffs. I figured Carolina would give it a go in the expanded playoffs so I took him as my first pick, Russ 2nd and Henry was a keeper. That and working the wire all year long to position yerself. I saw the way the NFC East was playing out and took a shot with Wash D and Thomas and lucked out.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, any of youse guise have a sleeper WR on any playoff team???? I just grabbed Humphries but he's hurt. Pringle is there too.......lol.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is someone like Lazard, MVS, Demarcus Robinson or Watkins out there ? At least you could have one player going next week.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well buddy - think Rivers was the correct choice - - Wilson is stinking (again). ...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't think ppl are understanding the two week setup, or maybe I'm not understanding it.

Between this wk and next wk, you just have 1 total score, but still only field 1 player per slot, correct?

As in, if you had Allen and Mahomes, and started Allen this wk, that means you're benching Mahomes for this 2wk scoring period. So you don't have to field a new QB next wk if you had one use up that slot already.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't think ppl are understanding the two week setup, or maybe I'm not understanding it.

Between this wk and next wk, you just have 1 total score, but still only field 1 player per slot, correct?

As in, if you had Allen and Mahomes, and started Allen this wk, that means you're benching Mahomes for this 2wk scoring period. So you don't have to field a new QB next wk if you had one use up that slot already.
If you had Allen and Mahomes, you would have a choice of starting Allen this week or Mahomes next week but you don't get them both. BUT since the Bills won, and Allen is moving on, you would have a choice of starting either next week.