• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 years into this zombie apocalypse you'd expect everyone who lived this long to be badass
Right. That’s the point.

Why focus the first 8+ seasons on some schmoe? Why even start the show with the group we started with? Not a single character from the opening credits of the first season is still in the opening credits.

Negan is still alive and kicking. Why not start the show with him?

Why not start the show in Alexandria following Deanna? At least when she died, it was still just part of the story of Alexandria.

Why not start the show in Pittsburgh?

All of these ideas now have much more to do with the big picture than Rick Grimes does. Without a focal point, there is no point. Without a focal point, the show is Fear.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I figured out why I have lost interest in this show...

It isn’t about anything. Everyone we meet from here on out is more badass than Rick Grimes. Why did we start following a dude who leaves the overall story midway through? Now the show is just meandering, following random people.

When Rick was “alive”, we were watching his story. His adventures. We were meeting people who assisted him in rebuilding society. With him gone, we aren’t watching anything at all.

It's whether the society this group has built (Hilltop, Alexandria and the Kingdom) will survive..

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus and Melissa McBride are still in the opening credits of season 9
Nope, nope and nope.

Lincoln is no longer in the opening credits.

Reedus did not debut until 1.3 and was not added to the opening credits until S2 or S3.

McBride also did not debut until 1.3 and was not added to the opening credits until S4 or S5.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. That’s the point.

Why focus the first 8+ seasons on some schmoe? Why even start the show with the group we started with? Not a single character from the opening credits of the first season is still in the opening credits.

Negan is still alive and kicking. Why not start the show with him?

Why not start the show in Alexandria following Deanna? At least when she died, it was still just part of the story of Alexandria.

Why not start the show in Pittsburgh?

All of these ideas now have much more to do with the big picture than Rick Grimes does. Without a focal point, there is no point. Without a focal point, the show is Fear.

idk, the 3 communities are all either lead or majorly influenced by Grimes and his crew...

so to understand where the 3 communities are now, don't you need to know about Grimes and the crew??

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally feel the show has had a major upswing & rebirth of goodness, if you will, this season. I think the writers/directors spoiled the Negan arc. Could have been so much better....like the comics.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally feel the show has had a major upswing & rebirth of goodness, if you will, this season. I think the writers/directors spoiled the Negan arc. Could have been so much better....like the comics.
How was it so different from the comics? I think they ruined Dwight and his hesitant flip.

In the books, he was just positioning himself to be on the winning team. In the show, he just all of the sudden had a relationship with Darryl and was the inside guy. I am still shocked they didn’t have the pow wow in Ezekial’s auditorium where Dwight made his surprise appearance working with Zeke. That could have been a GREAT scene to end an episode.

As for Negan, though, the final fight was pretty close to the books. I do like that the books made Rick look like the bad guy, though. They met under a white flag and Negan appeared to be totally sold into Ricks image of the future. All the sudden Rick jumps Negan. That’s bad ass. And to an extent, evil as fuck. In the show, Rick was further shown to be the good guy instead. I think they missed an opportunity to give Rick more depth. Further show his transformation into Shane.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, nope and nope.

Lincoln is no longer in the opening credits.

Reedus did not debut until 1.3 and was not added to the opening credits until S2 or S3.

McBride also did not debut until 1.3 and was not added to the opening credits until S4 or S5.
So what they are in S9 credits

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was it so different from the comics? I think they ruined Dwight and his hesitant flip.

In the books, he was just positioning himself to be on the winning team. In the show, he just all of the sudden had a relationship with Darryl and was the inside guy. I am still shocked they didn’t have the pow wow in Ezekial’s auditorium where Dwight made his surprise appearance working with Zeke. That could have been a GREAT scene to end an episode.

As for Negan, though, the final fight was pretty close to the books. I do like that the books made Rick look like the bad guy, though. They met under a white flag and Negan appeared to be totally sold into Ricks image of the future. All the sudden Rick jumps Negan. That’s bad ass. And to an extent, evil as fuck. In the show, Rick was further shown to be the good guy instead. I think they missed an opportunity to give Rick more depth. Further show his transformation into Shane.
The comic is the comic and the show is the show

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoyed tonight's episode. Nice payoff to that mystery. I'm looking forward to the final 2 episodes. I've kind of gotten use to Judith's cringe-worthy dialogue, but still not really a fan of that character.

Seriously though, how many kids went missing and they send a 90-week pregnant woman as 1 of the only 2 people to go after them? I kind of assumed others had gone searching as well but they had split up but then they were all back at the gate waiting for them.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strong episode. But it added to my dislike of Judith. She has a toy sword and is taking out zombies. Hard to grasp.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly influenced by Children of the Corn, but I kept thinking of the Star Trek (TOS) ep with the kids.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have it on good authority that the following main characters get it: Tara, Henry and Enid. Several other small characters get it as well.

Edit: I changed the tag on the spoiler since it had spoilers itself. cal

Last edited by a moderator: