• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riggs leaving would be career suicide. He needs to ride this out for all its worth.

I am not a comic reader. Would it be possible for Enid to take Carl's story arc if they had to kill off Carl?
Exactly. This show isn't going to go on forever. Riggs can always go to school when the show ends.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riggs leaving would be career suicide. He needs to ride this out for all its worth.

I am not a comic reader. Would it be possible for Enid to take Carl's story arc if they had to kill off Carl?
Enid is already taking Sophia's place.

While anything is possible, there would need to be so many changes to the story to make that work, they might as well change everything up anyway.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enid is already taking Sophia's place.

While anything is possible, there would need to be so many changes to the story to make that work, they might as well change everything up anyway.

Ah, didn't know about the Sophia thang...

Well, let's just say if they suddenly introduce a kid that is Coral's age, that maybe his days are numbered... :D

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think Chandler Riggs can do both school (part time) and TWD.

Riggs has been accepted into Auburn, which is not too far from the Atlanta area where the show is filmed... just a short jaunt down I-85. Also... the 7 month TWD production season each year runs from May to just prior to Thanksgiving week.

So...
...Riggs can skip the Fall semester at Auburn for his first few years of school, and only enroll in classes at Auburn for the Winter semester running January thru April during his status as a Freshman & Sophomore. The basic classes he would need to take during his first two years of school will be offered year round.

The problem will eventually come in his Junior and Senior years when some of the required advanced classes for his particular major will probably be offered only once per year... many of those 300 and 400 upper level classes will most likely be offered in the Fall semester only. However, Chandler can cross that bridge when he gets to it in a few years when he finally attains Junior Status at Auburn... Heck, TWD will most likely be history at that point anyways because attending Auburn only in the Winter Semester will probably take Chandler 4 years to finally attain Junior academic status, and I really cannot see TWD lasting another 5 years.

So it could take Riggs 6 to 7 years to finish his bachelor degree... that's not a big deal at all.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Annnnddd we're back to the cheesy rubber zombie masks. :tsk::tsk::tsk:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
H O L Y F U C K the scene where Michone thought Rick was lunch was stupid as shit, is this the jump the shark moment???

Also, could the deer look more fake...

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, not gonna work. When you made it seem like Rick died, I was fully expecting there to be a dumpster for Rick to have gotten under. The writers have lost all credibility and we're not buying it when they do shit like that.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, not gonna work. When you made it seem like Rick died, I was fully expecting there to be a dumpster for Rick to have gotten under. The writers have lost all credibility and we're not buying it when they do shit like that.

The TV audience buying it or not was not the point of that scene. I don't believe any TV audience member with any common sense at all believed Rick to be dead at that point.

The panel (including executive producer Denise Huth) discussed that scene on The Talking Dead... basically the point of the scene was to show Michonne's reaction to witnessing Rick dying in front of her eyes. Michonne essentially gives up.... she drops her sword and is pretty much ready to accept death. Again, Michonne, a badass warrior character with a penchant for surviving almost any situation is shown to simply give-up... that's quite a big deal for that character. Danai Gurira, the actress who portrays Michonne even recorded a short clip (which was shown on The Talking Dead) regarding Michonne's reaction to Rick's death.

The same theme (Michonne losing Rick and/or vice versa) is re-visited again in the car when Rick tells Michonne that they both could die in the upcoming war.

Last edited:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:SIGH:

Horrible episode.

The deer special effects might just have been the worst SFX yet on the show. Sooooo cringe-worthy. And why in the hell does Rick, in the middle of clearing walkers, decide that that is the perfect time to go deer hunting?

And me hate Jadus. Jadus group talk dumb.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I particularly loved the scenes where they stumbled upon the various parcels labeled

Batteries

and

Ready To Eat Food

They are the master foragers! ;)

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the next episode of the Walking Dead:

God damn it Coral, where the fuck is my cat? And where the fuck is Carol, Coral?

I've figured Jadus out. Their group happened to pick a mentally retarded woman as their leader and thought the way she spoke was really cool so they started to mimic her.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1: If Riggs quits the show, it would be a stupid move on his part. But he does not have the perspective that others have as he is still basically a kid. As a 40-something, advise him to address school as suggested here but stick with the money train while he can because when it is over, that might be the only one he ever rides.

#2: The deers was f'n horrible and stupid to top it off. I have never seen a deer before that would stand there while a guy climbed above it on one side and a bunch of hissing creatures stumbled towards it on the other side. The only explanation as to why it would just stand there would be that it was really sick. Otherwise it would have been long gone.

#3: The point of Michone's reaction was kind of lost due to the stupidity of making it look like Rick was dead to the viewers also. No one believed it, and most resented the implication due to the Glen-dumpster disaster. The better way would have been to show Rick scrambling into the box for the viewers but still play out the Michone reaction like it did. As it was, I saw the walkers eating and it took less than a millisecond for me to realize that it was the deer and not Rick so why try to play it that way?

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason last week was so good is that you didn't know what Eugene was going to do or say.
He had to make spontaneous decisions that helped us learn more about his character.

With Rick and Michonne, there is no risk involved. You know they are not going to die. While it's nice that they get their groove on, this part just seemed to drag on. Is it plausible that Negan and co. wouldn't have discovered this place? Don't you think they have canvassed just about a few hours from their place in all directions? It just seemed forced.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they still played it to Rick actually being killed. These close locations are just too much now. You are so right in there is no way they would not have found this carnival at an army base and all these guns. Honestly, Negan probably should have sent one of these towns he is bullying to get the stuff.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How old is judith now anyways ..? 3?? She mute? They dont give her a line because then she has to join sag or something?

After tara lets out all her emotional inner conflict i was hoping judith would say " you said ass!"

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The deer was so bad I didn't even see it the first few times. Kept asking my wife, "What is he looking at?"...

Then... "ohhhhh. Wow that's horrible looking!".

Collapsible roof, onto gymnastics mat, to where all the food you will ever need is located.

How did Michonne get out of the trunk? Was this sedan equipped with a trap door into the back seat?

And yes, Rick busting out of that crate (or whatever it was that he was hiding in) like freaking Indiana Jones and throwing Michonne her sword was George Lucas bad...

And yes, I can only assume the Junkyard Clan relocated from Flint, Michigan?

I'll forgive this episode. Don't ever let whomever wrote it EVER write another episode EVER again, and back to the drawing board with the holographic images. Hell, claymation would have looked more realistic.

And yes, chf... I will keep watching. ;) :D

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Payton has covered the entire episode perfectly. :thumb: