• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Un-Official Weekly F'ball Picks Thread

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not sure if this will catch on here or not, but I think it would be cool if we had a thread where you can discuss your weekly CFB and NFL picks. If your not the betting type, post your fantasy picks or make a few picks anyway. Either way, hoping this could become a depository for good insight.

My CFB picks were:
VT(-7) W
Ball St(+5.5) W
ECU(-7.5) L
Miami(-6.5) W
UGA(-10.5) L
OSU(-7) W :whistle:
Outcome: 4-2

Week 5 NFL Picks:

Chargers(-4.5)
Saints (pk)
Chiefs(-1)

Will post final NFL picks before 1, and my parlay.

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Any thoughts on Georgia Tech being 7 point dogs to BYU?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any thoughts on Georgia Tech being 7 point dogs to BYU?

That sounds about right. BYU has a stout defense AND most importantly IMO..the game is in Provo. Still..should be a close game.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BYU won 41-17 at GT last year.

Boise St (-7) looks like free money at Utah State. No Chuckie Keeton, saw their backup QB play last week, he sucks.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure i'd have enough faith in this pick to bet on it, but I like Utah (+9) at home vs Stanford. This screams trap game to me. Stanford coming off tough, emotional win vs Udub, and have a showdown with #11 UCLA next week. Utah also has a top 25 scoring offense.

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Im keeping my eye on Mizz(+8)Georgia. The public money seems to be on Missouri right now although its light money as the line opened at 9 pts. I'm waiting for this line to drop throughout the week and then potentially taking a value play on UGA. That also gives us time to wait and see on Gurley before locking it in.

Another line to watch is Northwestern(+10.5)Wiskey, I wouldnt be surprised if the public money takes the points and the road-dogs thinking that OSU barely cashed on the last play of the game. However, I think Wisconsin runs the ball right down their throats and expect a huge letdown from the Wildcats.

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That sounds about right. BYU has a stout defense AND most importantly IMO..the game is in Provo. Still..should be a close game.

Do you like BYU to cover?

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Cashed the Giants(+9.5) last night. Hate to say it but the Giants running game actually showed its head in the 2nd half vs Philly when David went out and Jacobs came in. The holes were big for Jacobs last night it just seems like David cant find them.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cashed the Giants(+9.5) last night. Hate to say it but the Giants running game actually showed its head in the 2nd half vs Philly when David went out and Jacobs came in. The holes were big for Jacobs last night it just seems like David cant find them.

David didn't play at all, nor will he for a while. Neck injury. Shame he couldn't have been in to see those holes the OL is finally opening.

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
David didn't play at all, nor will he for a while. Neck injury. Shame he couldn't have been in to see those holes the OL is finally opening.

I know he didnt play I guess I worded that wrong if it came off that way, but I dont think those holes just started opening out of the blue when Jacobs came in last week (when his neck injury occurred). Just my humble opinion though. David's never seemed to have elite vision especially at VT, and hopefully it's just getting used to a new offense in NY. Gotta remember, he was in the dog house for most of last year so he really hasnt seen that many live reps.

EDIT: Although I do think he should be used to the O by now.

Last edited by a moderator:

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he didnt play I guess I worded that wrong if it came off that way, but I dont think those holes just started opening out of the blue when Jacobs came in last week (when his neck injury occurred). Just my humble opinion though. David's never seemed to have elite vision especially at VT, and hopefully it's just getting used to a new offense in NY. Gotta remember, he was in the dog house for most of last year so he really hasnt seen that many live reps.

EDIT: Although I do think he should be used to the O by now.

I'll be the first to say Wilson didn't show great vision at VT, but I'm not sure that was the problem the last few weeks. I haven't watched a lot of Giants football this year, but in what I have seen David sure didn't have much to work with. And if I remember the box scores correctly, Jacobs and the other backs were doing no better prior to last week. So maybe those holes did just start opening...

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My Week 7 CFB Picks:

USC(-5.5)AZ [W]
LSU(-7) UF
UGA(-7.5) Mizz
GT(+7)BYU
OK(-11)Tex
VT(-8)

3-team parlay: VT ML, Wisconsin ML, Marshall(-11.5)

YTD:5-2 (CFB only)

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like UF +7. Defense is so good and Driskel getting hurt might be the best thing that could happen to them. Also helps it's a 3:30 game (2:30 LSU time) and not a night game.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Betting the VT and Wiscy moneyline is probably smart, I don't trust either team to cover but both teams should win.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure i'd have enough faith in this pick to bet on it, but I like Utah (+9) at home vs Stanford. This screams trap game to me. Stanford coming off tough, emotional win vs Udub, and have a showdown with #11 UCLA next week. Utah also has a top 25 scoring offense.

Nice. nailed it.

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
^Good call. What are your thoughts on the UCLA match-up. I need to rebound on CFB this week after going 3-3 last week. I generally pick a much better percentage in the NFL than college so that helped last weekend but I'd like to narrow down my misses in CFB now that we've seen enough of most teams to make analysis that isn't based on last year.

I like the Hurricanes tonight, and the line at 9 and a hook sounds about right. Although I'll probably try to buy it down a few points. I actually think UM may have had a harder time with M. Williams than Renner. Anybody agree/disagree?

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going with UCLA, but really think its a toss-up.

I think UNC plays both QB's tonight. UNC will scores some points, but they won't be able to stop the Miami offense. This one will be a 35-24 type game.

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am going with UCLA, but really think its a toss-up.

I think UNC plays both QB's tonight. UNC will scores some points, but they won't be able to stop the Miami offense. This one will be a 35-24 type game.

I agree. A couple other lines Im watching

UMd(-6)Wake
Aub(+13.5)A&M
UF(-3)Mizz
USC-w(+3)ND
Utah(+4)Ariz

LSU started the week as 8 point road chalk at Ole Miss and the line moved all the way up 9.5 today

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Aub(+14) and Duke(+2.5) made me a winner this week, although the if the Trojans had a FG kicker I could've brought home a clean slate. Will post NFL picks shortly