• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Tennessee Titans Thread

How Far Will the Tennessee Titans Go in 2014?

• Win the Super Bowl.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose in the Super Bowl.

• Lose in the AFCC.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As explained in the Team-by-Team Thread, I am planning on making a thread every three days for a different team. The first few posts will be questions, requests for predictions, etc. There will be a poll unless I don't feel like making one. Some teams are less interesting than others.Please participate in posting articles, predictions, etc.

So far:

The Seattle Seahawks Thread - SB Winner.

The Denver Broncos Thread - Lost to SB Winner.

The San Francisco 49ers Thread - Lost to SB Winner.

The New England Patriots Thread - Lost to SB Runnerup.

The New Orleans Saints Thread - Lost to SB Winner.

The San Diego Chargers Thread - Lost to SB Runnerup.

The Carolina Panthers Thread - Lost to NFCC Runnerup.

The Indianapolis Colts Thread - Lost to the AFCC Runnerup.

The Green Bay Packers Thread - Lost to the NFCC Runnerup.

The Philadelphia Eagles Thread - SB Winner beat the Saints who beat the Eagles.

The Kansas City Chiefs Thread - SB Runnerup beat the Colts who beat the Chiefs.

The Cincinnati Bengals Thread - AFC Runnerup Beat the Chargers who beat the Bengals.

The Arizona Cardinals Thread - Best Record for a Non-Playoff Team in a Hard Division.

The Pittsburgh Steelers Thread - Next Best Record, Controversially Missed the Playoffs.

The Chicago Bears Thread - Same Record as Above, Randomly Selected.

The Baltimore Ravens Thread - Same Record as Above, Randomly Selected.

The Dallas Cowboys Thread - Same Record as Above, Randomly Selected.

The Miami Dolphins Thread - Same Record as Above, Randomly Selected.

The New York Jets Thread - Same Record, Randomly Selected.

The New York Giants Thread - The First of Four 7-9 Teams

The Detroit Lions Thread - The Second of Four 7-9 Teams.

The Tennessee Titans Thread - Third of Four 7-9 Teams.

Last edited by a moderator:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Titans are a tough team make any definitive statement about because they are young, but talented at a lot of key positions. Is Justin Hunter a true #1 or even #2 WR? I think he is. Wright is a player and Nate is still a reliable player...Can Sankey step in and an every down RB?...IDK...the DEF made the biggest leap from '12 to '13...this year they to keep that momentum and get more out the OFC...Locker?

Mettenberger was my favorite QB of this draft class and imo is the future starter in Nashville. Overall I like what they're doing, they've taken down my Steelers 2 yrs in a row, but 2014 is not going to be a playoff year. I think they finish 8-8.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimate sleeper team. Literally no one is paying attention to them. Including me.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0-16 or 19-0. You never know with the Titans.

IF Locker stays on the field all season and IF the OL and IF Sankey are as advertised, we win the division.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0-16 or 19-0. You never know with the Titans.

IF Locker stays on the field all season and IF the OL and IF Sankey are as advertised, we win the division.
Thats kinda how I see it.

On paper, Warmack and Lewan on a good oline is something that should be intimidating. It should help them matchup with the Texans and overpower the Colts and Jags. Warmack has to improve over last season but this is his 2nd year so this is probably when the improvement will come.

Sankey is the spitting image of Doug Martin. Doug Martin is a great running back when you have an oline in place and you don't need the tough yards. Tampa Bays oline has also fallen apart the past couple of years. Sankey will be a solid player assuming that the oline holds up. Top 2 running back in the division probably still behind Foster.

Casey had a big year last year and the Titans have an excellent interior pass rush and a subpar outside pass rush with a 'good enough' back end. Their defense looks average...which again probably means they have a top 2 defense in the division. Probably 2nd best. Lots of speed but I'm not sure their is a lot of greatness there.

Their passing game is going to be what makes or breaks them. They are kinda the AFC version of the Rams except imo slightly less talented

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't know. I think they have the potential to win 9 or 10 games. But I'm not sure that's enough to win the division or clinch a Wild Card spot. I believe the Colts win the division.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't know. I think they have the potential to win 9 or 10 games. But I'm not sure that's enough to win the division or clinch a Wild Card spot. I believe the Colts win the division.

My guess is a 9-win team can get an AFC WC spot this season and that could be the Titans.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is a 9-win team can get an AFC WC spot this season and that could be the Titans.

I think 9 might get the DIV actually...possibly more than one in the AFC...the only teams right now I would comfortably say will win dbl digit games...DEN & NE.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whisenhut will coax a few more games out of them. Wild card team, may make it to the divisional round. Lose there if they do.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Titans are a tough team make any definitive statement about because they are young, but talented at a lot of key positions. Is Justin Hunter a true #1 or even #2 WR? I think he is. Wright is a player and Nate is still a reliable player...Can Sankey step in and an every down RB?...IDK...the DEF made the biggest leap from '12 to '13...this year they to keep that momentum and get more out the OFC...Locker?

Mettenberger was my favorite QB of this draft class and imo is the future starter in Nashville. Overall I like what they're doing, they've taken down my Steelers 2 yrs in a row, but 2014 is not going to be a playoff year. I think they finish 8-8.

Locker will be hurt week 10 or so afetr having a decent half a season, Mettenberger will start a couple games and never look back.
I wanted to see the Pats take Mettenberger.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ Yankee T...I can see that happening...I think the job was officially his in '12 and he's played 18 of the 36 games since then. No a terrible QB actually, but Met was a good pick up...off the field stuff knocked him down the draft.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ Yankee T...I can see that happening...I think the job was officially his in '12 and he's played 18 of the 36 games since then. No a terrible QB actually, but Met was a good pick up...off the field stuff knocked him down the draft.

Minor off the field stuff never scared me (hold the Hernandez jokes please), as I can remember being 20. I didn't turn into a psychopath or a sociopath. Kids just need to screw up a bit and learn from their mistakes.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minor off the field stuff never scared me (hold the Hernandez jokes please), as I can remember being 20. I didn't turn into a psychopath or a sociopath. Kids just need to screw up a bit and learn from their mistakes.

Me as well...every situation is different...the UGA issue was serious, but he was a freshman...drinking...got out of control...ideally you don't want your QB with character issues coming into the league, but it happens...I think he will be okay...the pot thing wouldn't bother me much.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really see Locker being the guy both skillwise and health wise . I like the O-line and the WRs as a group and Sankey could be good but I don't think its enough just yet. And defensively, we still need more impact players. I'd love for them to surprise everyone but I think its more realistic to see them 5-11 or 6-10 with Mettenberger starting games somewhere around week 9

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too early for me to make any type of predictions but I'm really looking forward to seeing Jake with a new offense. I really think a Whisenhunt influenced offense could be something cool to see using using Sankey and McCluster both. With all the changes I don't see how anyone could guess whats gonna happen, I just know I'm excited to not see a Mike Munchak bore fest after dropping all the money.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indianapolis, @Philadelphia, @Cincinnati, @Indianapolis: Win 2 (1).
Dallas, @Washington, @Kansas City, Pittsburgh, @Baltimore, @New York Giants: Win 3 (4).
Jacksonville, Cleveland, Houston, @Jacksonville, New York Jets, @Houston: Win 4 (3).

7-9 to 10-6.

8-8 because I think over that is optimistic. I've heard some say Whisenhunt is overrated and Locker is injury-prone. So, I will go with the low end. But Whisenhunt will prevent a free fall. Tempted to guess 7-9, input?

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Locker + Sankey = championships

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Locker + Sankey = championships

I'd love that, but worried about Locker staying healthy and Sankey hasn't really grabbed the starting job yet. It kind of looks like they will use a 2 RB approach to start with.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of now, a little over a day left to vote.