• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Ten Greatest Programs in College Football History

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody gives a shit about leather helmet and no face mask days
Then feel free to create a list that only encompass a specific period of CFB history you care about. I don't care about the leather helmet days either. But in an "all time" list it's hard to ignore, you know, "all time".

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The doofus who wrote this must have an expression on his face that says "I just ate your butterfly collection, and I have seven scented erasers in my butt hole".
giphy.gif

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan has the most wins ever ... a powerhouse 100+ years ... history didn't start 20 years ago ... look it up.

Maybe you don't give a shit, but others won't deny "College Football History". Should Michigan be #1 ... No, because of recent history. Alabama is a good choice for #1. Get over it, history matters.

Then feel free to create a list that only encompass a specific period of CFB history you care about. I don't care about the leather helmet days either. But in an "all time" list it's hard to ignore, you know, "all time".

Michigan.jpg

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Common sense and knowledge of the landscape throughout history goes a long ways. Michigan belongs somewhere around Pitt.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I know alot of anti OU homers, but I don't know anyone who could in their biased mind justify them at 10.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the hype around Oklahoma, all these lists always has the Sooners in the top 3 somehow, Since the 90's Oklahoma has won a lot of games, but only 1 national title for a program that is consistently mentioned as one of the best all time, it just seems underwhelming to me.

With that said, Texas should NEVER be ranked ahead of Oklahoma in an all-time ranking list.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the hype around Oklahoma, all these lists always has the Sooners in the top 3 somehow, Since the 90's Oklahoma has won a lot of games, but only 1 national title for a program that is consistently mentioned as one of the best all time, it just seems underwhelming to me.

With that said, Texas should NEVER be ranked ahead of Oklahoma in an all-time ranking list.

Hey, ESPN has been running a segment called Trevor's Tour or something, where Trevor Matich goes around to schools and does a piece on them.

Recently, it was the Ducks and he was talking to the O-line. While being interviewed and doing demonstrations on the field, Dallas Warmack was carrying a purse. If he is going to subject himself to the embarrassment of carrying a women's bag on national television, I can only imagine he must have been keeping something VERY important to him in that purse. Like his tampons.

Seriously, what the fuck?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Common sense and knowledge of the landscape throughout history goes a long ways. Michigan belongs somewhere around Pitt.
most wins and highest winning percentage. Try again.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most wins and highest winning percentage. Try again.
Most of which game against only white players wearing leather helmets. If Michael goes on this list, so does Army and Princeton.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you don't give a shit, but others won't deny "College Football History". Should Michigan be #1 ... No, because of recent history. Alabama is a good choice for #1. Get over it, history matters.
Then bring in the Ivy League schools. Seriously, the list is solid if you are looking historically.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"a powerhouse 100+ years ago" :laugh3: No other fanbase in the country takes so much pride in stuff done that long ago.

It's funny that so many meeeechegan fans still celebrate all those Natty's from 100+ years ago though. So that team of yours has the most wins. That doesn't make up for the fact their last outright title was in 1948. But on the plus side your team has Harbaugh. The greatest CFB coach ever that hasn't won anything.

Michigan has their place in history. Right there with Army, Harvard, and Princeton

I never make stupid Michigan claims and I never whine about losing and blame it on anything else. But to ignore history in an all time list is just stupid. I never said Michigan was too low, I think the list may be fair. Michigan right now is a very good football team, but they are not in the same class with Alabama and Clemson. Until we beat ohio state a couple of times, I will not say we are better than ohio state. I can read final scores.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of which game against only white players wearing leather helmets. If Michael goes on this list, so does Army and Princeton.

Then bring in the Ivy League schools. Seriously, the list is solid if you are looking historically.

Then we would have to bump Georgia off the list (reading the list again) ... oops, sorry ... I didn't realize. Now I understand your butthurt.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tenor.gif

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
false, because unlike those two other teams Michigan continued a lot of it's success. While we have fewer national titles, our winning percentage in most decades is top 10/top 15.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then we would have to bump Georgia off the list (reading the list again) ... oops, sorry ... I didn't realize. Now I understand your butthurt.
We’re not delusional like Michigan fans when it comes to our place in history

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never make stupid Michigan claims and I never whine about losing and blame it on anything else. But to ignore history in an all time list is just stupid. I never said Michigan was too low, I think the list may be fair. Michigan right now is a very good football team, but they are not in the same class with Alabama and Clemson. Until we beat ohio state a couple of times, I will not say we are better than ohio state. I can read final scores.

Name another CFB team whose fans are always bragging about things accomplished so long ago. Your team has exactly 1.5 Natty's in more than 70 years. The only reason you're always talking about the past is that's all you've had for a while now.

You claim to be a rational UofM fan. But your defense of what was done when Cy Young was still playing is no different that the nonstop gibberish turstmeimright & maize-n-blue09 are always yapping about.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name another CFB team whose fans are always bragging about things accomplished so long ago. I mean your team has exactly 1.5 Natty's in more than 70 years. The only reason you're always talking about the past is that's all you've had for a while now.

You claim to be a rational UofM fan. But your defense of what was done when Cy Young was still playing is no different that the nonstop gibberish turstmeimright & maize-n-blue09 are always yapping about.

When does “All Time” begin?