• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE SEC Thread

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say I was surprised at the lack of defense from Georgia. You guys think this will be a trend or just something that needs adjusted.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say I was surprised at the lack of defense from Georgia. You guys think this will be a trend or just something that needs adjusted.

They were mediocre last year, finished around 35th, and then lost 5 starters.
Of course, losing starters from a mediocre squad isn't necessarily bad, but it didn't look good. Facing USC and LSU in the next 3 weeks won't make it look much better, but maybe around mid-season they'll find a groove (though they didn't last year).

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were mediocre last year, finished around 35th, and then lost 5 starters.
Of course, losing starters from a mediocre squad isn't necessarily bad, but it didn't look good. Facing USC and LSU in the next 3 weeks won't make it look much better, but maybe around mid-season they'll find a groove (though they didn't last year).

They got better as the year went on, but they lost their superstars in the draft.

Georgia seems to have a history of starting seasons off badly with losses when playing decent teams. Last year they made it 5 weeks before they played anyone tough.

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is a fake punt on offense not offense? Pretty sure those are called "rushing yards." It's not a punt until it's a punt. Put down the vodka, this concept is obviously too complex for you to handle while drunk.
Of course, the real irony in your lame argument is that no matter how much "garbage" we were, Georgia was more garbage. So keep it up, the worse you make us, the worse you make Georgia for losing to us... and losing to us... and losing to us again.

My argument is that USC is not all that great on the road, just don't get butt hurt when you're team isn't playing as good as you expect them too

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think GA bounces for a big win.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My argument is that USC is not all that great on the road, just don't get butt hurt when you're team isn't playing as good as you expect them too

Well we've won 2 of the last 3 in Athens (lost the other by 4 points). Doesn't sound like all that much to worry about.
And don't worry, my gf is a Georgia fan. It will be her getting butthurt after the game, whichever way it turns out... :dhd:

bravesfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we've won 2 of the last 3 in Athens (lost the other by 4 points). Doesn't sound like all that much to worry about.
And don't worry, my gf is a Georgia fan. It will be her getting butthurt after the game, whichever way it turns out... :dhd:

South Carolina is 2-2 in Sanford Stadium during the Steve Spurrier era, largest margin of victory is 4 points

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa, the SEC gets it's own Thrid?? Novel...

This game is almost always close, even when the talent is loaded towards one team. Sure there have been blowouts, but in between those, the games are decided by about 4 points.

UGa is going to be pissed, and if the Carolina Dee hasn't gotten their sea legs under them, then this could be an upset.

Carolina 76, Georgia -3.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia continues to dominate the all-time series numerals, which are currently at 46-17-2. This is the longest winning streak the Cocks have ever had in the series: 3 measley games. The Dawgs have had a 10-game win streak (not in consecutive years) between 1908 and 1941, including four straight meetings where Carolina didn't bother to score (1911, 1919, 1920, 1924).

Also, Georgia had an unbeaten run of 15 meetings where they either won, or the game was tied (1960-1977, not all consecutive), including another ten in a row from 66'-77' (they didn't play in 72 or 73). There were "only" three shutouts during that run.

Since the Expansion, Cocks have fared better: 13-8 since 1992. Since 2000 it's even closer: 7-6 Georgia, with the overall points scored in that time frame being 240-237 in favor of Athens. Overall since the merger, it's a more lop-sided 530-357. Don't even ask about the overall points scored since 1894...they have shut us out ELEVEN times in the history of the series, vs. 2X from the Cocks, which happened waaaaay back in 1903-04 (17-0, 2-0, respectively).

There have been nine double-digit wins in the series since the merger in 91, with 6 of those belonging to UGa and 3 to the Cawcks. (Carolina also won by 9 points in 1996, 23-14) There have been 11 games since the merger that were decided by 7 points or less, with Georgia winning 7 and SC winning 4. A team has failed to score in double figures 9 times since the merger: UGa has had the honor 3 times; Carolina 6 times.

Only one shutout since 1992: an 18-0 Bulldawgs win in 2006.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one could go either way. If Georgia can tighten up that defense, they should win as IMO, their offense is as good as anyone in the country...South Carolina is also excellent as well. I think Georgia's offense has no holes and has one of the top 3 quarterbacks in the country. I would normally go with the home team in a close one, however it's tough to bounce back from a really hard fought game and both Clemson and Georgia left it all out there on that field and both teams will have a hard time repeating that performance. To me this one is dead-even and going to be decided on one great play.

bravesfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one could go either way. If Georgia can tighten up that defense, they should win as IMO, their offense is as good as anyone in the country...South Carolina is also excellent as well. I think Georgia's offense has no holes and has one of the top 3 quarterbacks in the country. I would normally go with the home team in a close one, however it's tough to bounce back from a really hard fought game and both Clemson and Georgia left it all out there on that field and both teams will have a hard time repeating that performance. To me this one is dead-even and going to be decided on one great play.

Turnovers and Penalties have historically hurt UGA, if this continues on Saturday then Murray and the offense will be on the sidelines watching USC were down their defense

bravesfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia continues to dominate the all-time series numerals, which are currently at 46-17-2. This is the longest winning streak the Cocks have ever had in the series: 3 measley games. The Dawgs have had a 10-game win streak (not in consecutive years) between 1908 and 1941, including four straight meetings where Carolina didn't bother to score (1911, 1919, 1920, 1924).

Also, Georgia had an unbeaten run of 15 meetings where they either won, or the game was tied (1960-1977, not all consecutive), including another ten in a row from 66'-77' (they didn't play in 72 or 73). There were "only" three shutouts during that run.

Since the Expansion, Cocks have fared better: 13-8 since 1992. Since 2000 it's even closer: 7-6 Georgia, with the overall points scored in that time frame being 240-237 in favor of Athens. Overall since the merger, it's a more lop-sided 530-357. Don't even ask about the overall points scored since 1894...they have shut us out ELEVEN times in the history of the series, vs. 2X from the Cocks, which happened waaaaay back in 1903-04 (17-0, 2-0, respectively).

There have been nine double-digit wins in the series since the merger in 91, with 6 of those belonging to UGa and 3 to the Cawcks. (Carolina also won by 9 points in 1996, 23-14) There have been 11 games since the merger that were decided by 7 points or less, with Georgia winning 7 and SC winning 4. A team has failed to score in double figures 9 times since the merger: UGa has had the honor 3 times; Carolina 6 times.

Only one shutout since 1992: an 18-0 Bulldawgs win in 2006.

When Lou Holtz came to Columbia, he completely changed the football culture at USC. USC has been far more competitive since then

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Lou Holtz came to Columbia, he completely changed the football culture at USC. USC has been far more competitive since then

He did some good things, he also did some stupid recruiting things, but he didn't totally purge the losers' mentality that Spurrier continues to say we need to get rid of. I appreciate that he took us to places that we had bever been before (which have been eclipsed since by SOS), but for all his success, he STILL couldn't beat Clemson.

I think at the end, he was realizing that he just couldn't stack up against the younger coaches in the SEC and he wasn't getting the same level of talent he had at Arkansas and Notre Dame. I don't know that Spurrier would have taken the job had Lou NOT been here before him, so at the end of the day, I think he was good for the program in the long run.

Not everyone agrees with me...

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn is a 13 point favorite against Arkansas St??? Free money

BlackSand

Pirate At Large
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bama at aTm who you got?

Satan FTW :thumb:

They both have Offenses that can produce some points ... But I think Defense is going to make the difference in this game.

The Aggie defense may not be able to keep Bama off the scoreboard.
AJ, any number of receivers, and Yeldon can often do a good job at nickel and dime plays early in the game as well.

Bama can pay attention to clock management ... And keep the ball out of Aggie hands.
If they are patient and use the first half to beat the living crap out of the Aggie Defense ... The second half could turn into a bloodbath.

I don't think The Aggie defense can keep up with Bama ... So I am going with the got-damn Tide.

VISDODEN.gif