• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"The Rock" buys, and possibly saves, the XFL

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the product was ok.

Rock-solid buy: Ex-WWE star, group to own XFL

A group including actor and former WWE star Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has agreed to purchase the XFL for approximately $15 million, according to a news release issued Monday morning.

The XFL declared Chapter 11 bankruptcy April 13 and has been seeking a buyer for the past three months, marketing itself as a made-for-TV product that could transition as early as 2021 to a bubble concept during the coronavirus pandemic. It is unclear when Johnson and his investors -- who include his business partner and ex-wife, Dany Garcia, along with RedBird Capital Partners -- plan to revive the league.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the product was ok.

A group including actor and former WWE star Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has agreed to purchase the XFL for approximately $15 million, according to a news release issued Monday morning.

The XFL declared Chapter 11 bankruptcy April 13 and has been seeking a buyer for the past three months, marketing itself as a made-for-TV product that could transition as early as 2021 to a bubble concept during the coronavirus pandemic. It is unclear when Johnson and his investors -- who include his business partner and ex-wife, Dany Garcia, along with RedBird Capital Partners -- plan to revive the league.

Good buddy deal.

I would try and talk with the NFL about making this a developmental league.

Kinda like AAA in Baseball or AHL in Hockey.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good buddy deal.

this

good idea

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good buddy deal.

I've been saying this since the train wreck that was NFL Europe folded. The NFL got gun shy because they were losing 30 million dollars a year on a minor league system that was doomed to fail because Europe will NEVER accept American Football.

If this is promoted and produced properly, (and The Rock has been good at promoting for 20+ years) I think that it could have success.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying this since the train wreck that was NFL Europe folded. The NFL got gun shy because they were losing 30 million dollars a year on a minor league system that was doomed to fail because Europe will NEVER accept American Football.

If this is promoted and produced properly, (and The Rock has been good at promoting for 20+ years) I think that it could have success.

Vince and Rock have different styles of Promoting.

Vince is very " hands on" and can be very "my way". It shows sometimes in his product which life longers like you truly sometimes don't appreciate.

Rock can be hands on but he listens and reaches out

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell of a linebacker before the injury took him out...
and some guy...cant recall his name :dhd: took his job. the U was a hell of a program back in the 90's.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the product was ok.

Nice to see it saved, I was starting to enjoy it. Totally agree with using it as a farm league. No sports will be successful until the fans are back though. I sat down to watch playoff hockey last night and I swear it was like watching a practice. All the seats covered with grey plywood. It just doesn't sell.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see it saved, I was starting to enjoy it. Totally agree with using it as a farm league. No sports will be successful until the fans are back though. I sat down to watch playoff hockey last night and I swear it was like watching a practice. All the seats covered with grey plywood. It just doesn't sell.

Nice win on Saturday.

Like most Canucks fans here. Little Salty/Pissed about our performance last night.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found the product to be lacking. They put together great highlight videos that made me want to go back and give it another chance a couple times though.

It felt like watching the some random weekday MACtion games. Which is all well and good, I’ve watched plenty of G5 Tuesday night college football. But I don’t see it ever having the broad appeal to have the post football season draw to football it would need, unless the idea to officially turn it into a developmental league with NFL backing happens.