• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fast & Furious Beef: Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson vs. Vin Diesel

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Fate of the Furious' Beef: Dwayne Johnson, Vin Diesel Kept Apart on Press Tour

thr-logo-082710_052641.png.cf.jpg
Tatiana Siegel 18 hours ago
Screen-Shot-2017-03-29-at-3.19.03-PM.png.cf.jpg

Vin Diesel and Dwayne Johnson (Photo Illustration by John Ueland)

Last August, Universal insisted that The Fate of the Furious stars Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Vin Diesel had buried the hatchet after feuding on the set of the eighth film in the Fast and Furious franchise. Fast-forward eight months, and the bad blood continues.

Sources say the two tough-guy actors are being kept from one another as the Fast team continues its press tour in the run-up to the F. Gary Gray-helmed film hitting theaters April 14.

"They're keeping them separated as much as possible," says an insider.

That sequestering will be most obvious today when Universal brings footage of the film to CinemaCon in Las Vegas, where Diesel, Charlize Theron, and the rest of the cast will be on hand to promote the eighth installment in the $4 billion franchise. That is minus Johnson, who is already back on the set of Ballers in Miami. But just 12 hours earlier, Johnson was in Las Vegas, participating in Paramount's Baywatch presentation at CinemaCon. And Monday night, he introduced Sony's Jumanji at the high-profile exhibition showcase.

Universal downplayed any simmering tensions and said the two actors simply have been on different continents throughout the tour. But sources say that the CinemaCon scheduling could have been easily accommodated.

The beef dates back to the waning days of the 100-day Atlanta shoot when the frequently tardy Diesel arrived late for his final scene with Johnson, prompting Johnson to vent about his co-star on Facebook, where he wrote cryptically: "My female co-stars are always amazing, and I love 'em. My male co-stars however are a different story," adding that "some" are "chicken shit" and "candy asses." That led to a heated exchange between Diesel and Johnson in the latter's trailer. Diesel was publicly fingered as the source of Johnson's social media outburst, and the studio was left doing damage control for two key players in its mega-franchise. Diesel is the indispensable part of the franchise, having been with it since its first outing in 2001 (two more installments are already in the works). But Johnson is arguably the bigger star, having solidified his status as one of Hollywood's biggest box-office draws.

At the time, a studio source said, "What happened is over, and no one expects there to be any lingering effects. When it comes time to promote the movie, this will have no bearing."

But outside of the film's trailer launch in Times Square in December, the two have kept their distance (both are contractually obligated to appear at the upcoming New York premiere April 8). Still, there's little chance the bad blood will have any negative effect on the film. If anything, it bolsters the film's narrative of two adversaries unwilling to back down.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, the movies suck. Secondly, the Rock doing some bitch ass rant on Facebook and didn't even have the nerve to mention him by name. This is weak.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this going to hold up production of "The Fastidious and the Furious: F&F Part 27"? :wink:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like they're building to a match at next year's WrestleMania to me. :D

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Vin Diesel is an unprofessional asshole, I wouldn't put blame on the Rock

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Vin Diesel is an unprofessional asshole, I wouldn't put blame on the Rock

He Rock has a massive fucking ego

He's definitely got loads of the blame

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thr-logo-082710_052641.png.cf.jpg
Tatiana Siegel 18 hours ago
Screen-Shot-2017-03-29-at-3.19.03-PM.png.cf.jpg

Vin Diesel and Dwayne Johnson (Photo Illustration by John Ueland)

Last August, Universal insisted that The Fate of the Furious stars Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Vin Diesel had buried the hatchet after feuding on the set of the eighth film in the Fast and Furious franchise. Fast-forward eight months, and the bad blood continues.

Sources say the two tough-guy actors are being kept from one another as the Fast team continues its press tour in the run-up to the F. Gary Gray-helmed film hitting theaters April 14.

"They're keeping them separated as much as possible," says an insider.

That sequestering will be most obvious today when Universal brings footage of the film to CinemaCon in Las Vegas, where Diesel, Charlize Theron, and the rest of the cast will be on hand to promote the eighth installment in the $4 billion franchise. That is minus Johnson, who is already back on the set of Ballers in Miami. But just 12 hours earlier, Johnson was in Las Vegas, participating in Paramount's Baywatch presentation at CinemaCon. And Monday night, he introduced Sony's Jumanji at the high-profile exhibition showcase.

Universal downplayed any simmering tensions and said the two actors simply have been on different continents throughout the tour. But sources say that the CinemaCon scheduling could have been easily accommodated.

The beef dates back to the waning days of the 100-day Atlanta shoot when the frequently tardy Diesel arrived late for his final scene with Johnson, prompting Johnson to vent about his co-star on Facebook, where he wrote cryptically: "My female co-stars are always amazing, and I love 'em. My male co-stars however are a different story," adding that "some" are "chicken shit" and "candy asses." That led to a heated exchange between Diesel and Johnson in the latter's trailer. Diesel was publicly fingered as the source of Johnson's social media outburst, and the studio was left doing damage control for two key players in its mega-franchise. Diesel is the indispensable part of the franchise, having been with it since its first outing in 2001 (two more installments are already in the works). But Johnson is arguably the bigger star, having solidified his status as one of Hollywood's biggest box-office draws.

At the time, a studio source said, "What happened is over, and no one expects there to be any lingering effects. When it comes time to promote the movie, this will have no bearing."

But outside of the film's trailer launch in Times Square in December, the two have kept their distance (both are contractually obligated to appear at the upcoming New York premiere April 8). Still, there's little chance the bad blood will have any negative effect on the film. If anything, it bolsters the film's narrative of two adversaries unwilling to back down.

I assume by get over it you mean fuck and kiss and make up

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He Rock has a massive fucking ego

He's definitely got loads of the blame

The only blame would be that he put on facebook publicly. But hey, he might have had words to Vin about how to tell time and Vin said "I'll just show up late to prove that I am a dick".

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume by get over it you mean fuck and kiss and make up

if you want them too then ok. I'm just saying, they both need to get over themselves and stop acting like two year olds.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda surprised by the FB rant from Johnson that started the whole thing. He doesn't strike me as the type that would do something like that. He's always appeared to be a straight-shooting, stand-up guy that I would have assumed would handle these types of issues face to face rather than posting to FB like a high school drama queen. But that isn't to say that he doesn't have a point and that Diesel is a piece of work.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda surprised by the FB rant from Johnson that started the whole thing. He doesn't strike me as the type that would do something like that. He's always appeared to be a straight-shooting, stand-up guy that I would have assumed would handle these types of issues face to face rather than posting to FB like a high school drama queen. But that isn't to say that he doesn't have a point and that Diesel is a piece of work.

It's amazing how pri maddona both these guys are seeming like right now but I get this can happen, just didn't think it would

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vin Diesel and Dwayne Johnson's 'The Fate of the Furious' Feud: A Complete Timeline

Here’s a complete timeline of Vin and The Rock’s beef and the rumors it stirred, from that first Instagram post in August to last week’s awkward red carpet appearance.

August 8, 2016

The Instagram post that started it all: Dwayne Johnson announces his final week of shooting and calls out some unnamed “male co-stars” for their on-set behavior. “Some conduct themselves as stand up men and true professionals, while others don’t,” Johnson writes. “The ones that don’t are too chicken s— to do anything about it anyway. Candy asses. When you watch this movie next April and it seems like I’m not acting in some of these scenes and my blood is legit boiling – you’re right.” Media outlets immediately begin speculating on who Johnson’s post is actually about.

Aug. 9

“Production sources” tell TMZ that the entire Fast & Furious cast is mad at Johnson for throwing them under the bus (or NOS-powered Dodge Charger, as the case may be).

Tyrese Gibson assures fans on Instagram that Johnson’s message wasn’t about him, writing, ” I don’t know WHO he has a problem [with] and I don’t have any details of WHAT those problems are – as a matter of fact if I DID know I would tell you s–t!!!”” He deletes the post almost immediately.

Later in the day, TMZ breaks the story that Johnson was talking about Diesel. The website reports that the stars had a “secret meeting” on the Atlanta set that day, “partly because tensions were running so high it was almost impossible to shoot scenes.”

An E! News source says tensions were high on the shoot, which was “especially” hard on Johnson because he’s “a very emotional guy.” The source claims that “all is cool now.”

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they'll get over it once they get paid.