• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: The Really, Real Opening Night Thread

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough.

Lavar is sickening.

But, it bothers me that people are getting so much joy out of seeing this kid struggle.

I hate the Lakers. But, I love the Bruins and hope for good things for Lonzo.

It's a slippery slope when your dad says you are better than Steph.

Beverly punished him defensively.

Dame, Wall, Westbrook, Curry, Paul gonna give him hell on both ends.

We'll, maybe not Dame....lol

But, Dame, Kyrie gonna light him up on offense.

But, don't they do that to everyone?
If Lonzo has a high basketball IQ he will watch as much film on PGs as he can. From that he can figure out how other PGs will defend him & try to counter. Also, he might pick up a few moves from them on offense.

#stealshamelessly

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lonzo has benefited from his dad's antics and he will now suffer a bit because of them. It puts Lonzo in a bad spot because, at some point, he may be forced to come out and say, "My dad is an obnoxious jerk and I'm tired of his bullshit. He doesn't speak for me, only I speak for me." Until he does that or at least puts his dad in check to some extent, I think players are going to view him as LaVar's son and not as his own man.
I agree that he will have to somehow come out from his dad's shadow. But, saying to the media/public that his dad is obnoxious isn't how he should do it. They have a brand, & no matter how true those things about his dad might be he can't say them if he expects that brand to flourish. At the end of the day his dad is very much a part of that brand so blemishing his dad would blemish the brand over all. Too risky IMO. He can prove himself on the court.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this would be a perfect situation to have a Kobe Bryant as a consultant for the team. He could work with Lonzo on all of those things you've mentioned. I think with more confidence will come a nature to score more. Because he's a pass first PG I think he would be able to balance the two well.

Kobe: Lonzo, you only scored 8 points last game. That was horrible.
Lonzo: Yeah but I had 15 assists.
Kobe: What's an assist?
Lonzo: You know, when you pass the ball to a teammate and they score.
Kobe: Yeah, no clue what you're talking about.
Lonzol: Oh, I got it, you know how when you were around your teammates and sometimes the ball slipped out of your hands while pump faking. Then the ball just so happened to end up in their hands and they scored...they may have marked that down as an assist.
Kobe: Oh, yeah, I hated when that happened.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that he will have to somehow come out from his dad's shadow. But, saying to the media/public that his dad is obnoxious isn't how he should do it. They have a brand, & no matter how true those things about his dad might be he can't say them if he expects that brand to flourish. At the end of the day his dad is very much a part of that brand so blemishing his dad would blemish the brand over all. Too risky IMO. He can prove himself on the court.

I totally agree. Just saying that it puts Lonzo in a bad spot. If he proves himself on the court, it doesn't matter too much.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lonzol: Oh, I got it, you know how when you were around your teammates and sometimes the ball slipped out of your hands while pump faking. Then the ball just so happened to end up in their hands and they scored...they may have marked that down as an assist.

Kobe averaged 4.7 assists per game over the course of his career.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe averaged 4.7 assists per game over the course of his career.

I'm almost positive Kobe "passed" no more than 3 times in a game. So I'm gonna call BS on that.

WDFo7Ju.jpg

NRVE9hy.png

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point about Kobe being a consultant was to help Lonzo with confidence & with being able to take control of the offense & lead his team in that manner. But your skit was totally funny & on point in that regard.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm almost positive Kobe "passed" no more than 3 times in a game. So I'm gonna call BS on that.

WDFo7Ju.jpg

NRVE9hy.png
It is well known I am a Kobe cheerleader, and can assure you the stat is correct. It's one of the stats he & Kyrie have in common. :D

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is well known I am a Kobe cheerleader, and can assure you the stat is correct. It's one of the stats he & Kyrie have in common. :D

LOL. I know I'm just poking fun at Kobe. I'm well aware that he's in the top 30 all time in the NBA in assists.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WDFo7Ju.jpg

NRVE9hy.png

I bet he made those shots too.

Plus, why would he pass that shot is the lower picture against the Kings, with 0.2 seconds left on the clock?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How badly is Lonzo going to fuck up the suns tonight?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plus, why would he pass that shot is the lower picture against the Kings, with 0.2 seconds left on the clock?

You have like zero sense of humor don’t you?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because it's what Lebron would have done? :noidea: