• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The real cost of a game: Beer prices at all MLB parks

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it bad that I am reading this thread and am on my 3rd beer and having a cold pizza breakfast??

@HammerDown @BeaverShaver aren't allowed to comment as I am sure they have already dipped into the Bushmills.

I got a 6-pack of Gerst last night for $7 but since I never drink before noon I'll have to wait a few minutes! :D

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused on the OP...Is that "domestic OR craft beer" prices? There's a difference.

BTW...

I still own a "boda bag" thats holds a liter of booze.
Im trying to save on to SOME vcash for NBA playoffs. If I keep betting on beisbol I can kiss it goodbye.

Looks like u have same prob eh?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a 6-pack of Gerst last night for $7 but since I never drink before noon I'll have to wait a few minutes! :D
What is gerst?

I was watching Better Call Saul last night and he went back to Chicago and ordered an Old Style. Made me wish I was at Wrigley

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im trying to save on to SOME vcash for NBA playoffs. If I keep betting on beisbol I can kiss it goodbye.

Looks like u have same prob eh?

Jeppers...early season basaballa can wreck havoc on one's vCash account OR wallet for sure...always a learning process vetting out early season pitching and hitting. Usually favors the pitching. I have been "bitched slapped" in early MLB for sure WM.

I would have lost me entire stacker anyways...I would have put it all on Wisconsin Monday night anywhoze.

Onwerdz...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is gerst?

I was watching Better Call Saul last night and he went back to Chicago and ordered an Old Style. Made me wish I was at Wrigley

Local German beer house. Amazing Happy Hour with German food. I'm smart enough after the first time to not do it without a designated driver because that German shit floors me, man.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The
another title for boston! oh, wait...this one...sucks.

11099991_10152752211495913_8521578367972756921_n.jpg

That table is misleading because it's comparing prices of beers that measure different ounces. It looks like Yankees Lite is tied with the Cubs and Phillies, when in reality, they're head and shoulders over every other team.

The average price per ounce is $.41, and the Red Sox price is $.65/oz - 57%. That is the stand-alone highest price in MLB. In fact, it is 30% higher than #2 Giants ($.50/oz).

Yankees Lite it bending their fans over the barrel and ass fucking them something fierce.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers have one of the best prices per ounce. Who'da thunk?!

I would not have guessed that either. They rank 27th and are 24% below average. Oddly enough, the Angels, at $.28/oz are the cheapest, 32% below average.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The

That table is misleading because it's comparing prices of beers that measure different ounces. It looks like Yankees Lite is tied with the Cubs and Phillies, when in reality, they're head and shoulders over every other team.

The average price per ounce is $.41, and the Red Sox price is $.65/oz - 57%. That is the stand-alone highest price in MLB. In fact, it is 30% higher than #2 Giants ($.50/oz).

Yankees Lite it bending their fans over the barrel and ass fucking them something fierce.
i posted another thread showing the cost/ounce.

sox are way out of the park price wise, and blame it on "a smaller park".

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quit drinking years ago after roughly 35 years of drinking daily, but I can count on one hand the number of times I bought any sort of alcoholic beverage at a game or concert. A 1/2 pint next to my balls, buy a pop inside and I was good to go.

I bet your dates loved that.

Honey, why's there a pube in my Pepsi?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i posted another thread showing the cost/ounce.

sox are way out of the park price wise, and blame it on "a smaller park".

Hmmm. That's interesting. Smells a lot like bullshit. If I get the inclination, I'll add park capacities to my table.

It'd also be interesting to look at it from an attendance perspective as opposed to stadium capacity. My guess is that would bury the Red Sox' "smaller park" excuse.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm. That's interesting. Smells a lot like bullshit. If I get the inclination, I'll add park capacities to my table.

It'd also be interesting to look at it from an attendance perspective as opposed to stadium capacity. My guess is that would bury the Red Sox' "smaller park" excuse.
yup

but thats what theyre claiming

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from my other thread:

Red Sox Sell Most Expensive Tickets And Beer In MLB At Fenway Park
Toucher & RichApril 8, 2015 10:25 AM
Share on emailView Comments
185763848.jpg

Fenway Park Concessions (Photo by Jamie Squire/Getty Images)

Related Tags:
Boston Red Sox, Fenway Park, Marshall Hook, Rich Shertenlieb, Sports News, Toucher And Rich
wbzfm_bio_toucher_rich.jpg
Toucher and Rich

Read More

You've Earned Points for Reading!Claim points in our Reward Center, and earn more tomorrow.game in Boston, you need to remember your hat, your sunscreen and your mitt. You also might want to make a phone call to your financial adviser.

The Red Sox are currently setting the bar in terms of prices on both tickets and beer, new reports say.

Team Marketing Report said this week that even without raising ticket prices after a last-place season, the Red Sox still boast the most expensive tickets in all of baseball. The Red Sox’ average ticket price for non-premium seats is at $52.34, and the estimated cost for a family of four to buy four tickets, two beers, four soft drinks, two hot dogs, parking and two hats is $337.20.

Along the same lines, Business Insider dug into the Team Marketing Report numbers and reported on the most expensive beer prices in Major League Baseball, and the Red Sox far and away have the highest prices. A “small beer” costs $7.75 at Fenway Park in Boston, Wrigley Field in Chicago and Citizens Bank Parkin Philadelphia. However, that “small beer” in Wrigley consists of 16 ounces, and the “small beer” in Philly consists of 21 ounces.

A $7.75 “small beer” at Fenway Park is just 12 ounces.

In terms of cost per ounce of beer, the Red Sox sell their adult beverages for 65 cents per ounce. That’s 15 cents more than the second-highest price, and it ends up costing more than $2 extra on a 16-ounce beer.

CCBKo4bWEAMhpf1.png

Toucher & Rich, along with Marshall Hook, discussed the beer prices on Wednesday morning.

“Because there’s no salary cap, at times I’ve just wondered, ‘Who really cares about the amount of money these guys are spending?'” Rich Shertenlieb said with regard to Rick Porcello’s new contract. “Except for when it comes to things like this.”

Hook said that the Red Sox have to charge more for beer considering that their ballpark has a much smaller capacity than most others around the league. While it is true that Fenway Park ranks 27th with a roughly 37,500-seat capacity, Rich pointed out that it’s no excuse.

“That would be the ticket prices where you would make it up. A beer is a beer. When you charge a certain amount for a beer, it’s criminal,” Rich said.

He added: “You said that because there’s less seats there, they have to charge more for the beer because they’re not selling any. Well that, my friend, couldn’t be more wrong. The Boston Red Sox last year, if I’m just looking at the attendance for 2014, they are number 6 as far as the pure number of people who attended their ballpark. Not percentage; in pure numbers they are number six. So there is no reason they need to be making up money with the amount they’re charging for a beer.”

Hook still reasoned: “If people are buying it, why not charge that much?”

Fair enough.

Fred Toucher noted that the Fenway experience isn’t exactly all it’s cracked up to be, and it’s certainly not worth paying hundreds of dollars for.

“So I come out of there, I’ve been facing the wrong way for three hours. I’ve been staring at the bullpen while people walk across my line of sight. I’ve enjoyed a wet hot dog encased in flour and –”

“My knees have been smashing the iron in front of me because I’m taller than 5-foot-3,” Rich interrupted.

“Yeah, the whole stadium was constructed when the average height was 4-foot-11,” Fred continued. “It was before they discovered that you had to have Vitamin C. And now I’ve also gone bankrupt trying to have three beers.”

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That guy's name is "Toucher."

That's funny to me.

no joke

the most hysterical morning sports talk show ive ever heard.

they went from a rock station here to sports talk radio, hilarious at both.

one of the best in the country (im not making that up)

clemtheslowson

back from the dead
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no joke

the most hysterical morning sports talk show ive ever heard.

they went from a rock station here to sports talk radio, hilarious at both.

one of the best in the country (im not making that up)

Why yes. Yes they are.:agree:

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long gone are the days of booze smuggling anything of consequence to not games in NY.....pat downs and wand scanners are the new norm. Wife's friend sneaks in some in a prescription bottle but that wouldnt be anything more than a quick shot for me.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's even worse on the Green Monster.....