• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The re-invention of Roberto Luongo

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great article. I figure it has to start with Ian Clarke and move from there. I dont think he is a bad goalie coach but I dont think he is great at keeping Luongo metally sharp. I think a huge part of Luongos problem is that he is arrogant in his position. But this is also the whole Canucks organization and that starts from Gillis. This team was BABIED this year, coddled, and tucked into bed every night. I dont think they remembered what it was like to be dark and dirty. Just arrogant and cocky, but not good cocky like Chicago. Luongo doesnt trust his defensemen I think as well and that is part of his mental game.

Does Luongo need to be humbled? I think a little but Im not sure that his ego would be able to take that. Chris Osgood is different and I dont think is a good comparison in that article. With the team that played in front of he couldnt have an ego big enough to think he didnt have to change to stay a part of that hall of fame team.

I wonder what Roloson is doing next year :)

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good read.
I must admit that I am a bit shocked about Loungo's playoff appearances after his first one. He was on fire but didn't get goal support.
His technique seemed quite solid and I thought he was going to be the best in the league when Marty hung up his skates.
I am wondering what % of his problem is mental.